X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

Originally posted by babo View Post
    GR: not sure if you saw my post a while back. Will buy those tix from you IF you still have 'em...if not, no biggie
    I do still have them. I thought I replied somewhere, but it might have been the score thread and been overlooked or something.

Let me know the next time you're in town for a home game and we can get together. I believe the rest of the season I'll be in 16/J/10-11 which is right at the corner of the railing at the top of the steps in that corner.
    APBWiki

Comment

Incredible game at Princeton-best effing power play I have seen at RPI in over 20 years. When we are healthy-we are a team to be reckoned with. Everyone played well. Jen and I sat in the midst of all the Princeton fanatics. Even they had to marvel at the puck control we displayed on special teams. We just need to play like this in every game from now on-the Tute is back!!
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I've said it a million times. Quality, not quantity. Outshot by 66-30, but outscored the opponents 8-2. WHAT.

Right before Bergin's goal, the ESPNU commentors were complaining that RPI wasn't shooting the puck. I said it out loud. "That's OK, when they shoot it, they'll score." Bing.
        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

The last goal was as pretty as any I have seen. Polacek has a rifle for a shot and D'Amigo just set him up on the left side perfectly. It was just a thing of beauty to behold. The next 13 games should be a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
            Outshot by 66-30
            Or 68-34. But...

Quality, not quantity.
            QFT
            Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

BTW, Hobey Baker is a lousy place to televise from. All of the TV angles were either behind the (nonframeless) glass or the netting. Of course I doubt if you guys have any complaints of the view.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                BTW, Hobey Baker is a lousy place to televise from. All of the TV angles were either behind the (nonframeless) glass or the netting. Of course I doubt if you guys have any complaints of the view.
                Yeah, it was quite bad. The down-the-ice shot with the heavy netting (was it even netting? Looked almost like metal mesh) was appalling. The Field House truly is a blessing from a TV point of view, and it'll get even better for next season when we have a dedicated camera platform atop the new structure being built in Section 1 and our own production room under Section 17. The Field House staff has been extremely accommodating to us, and we are quite thankful.

We're going to try to shoot 1/22 and 1/23 against Dartmouth and Harvard; no guarantees on the production quality as the size of the crew may be quite small as those games are still during our break. I'll be there, at the very least.

Hopefully we'll conserve enough momentum next week against Union to trounce two of this season's dogs at home.
                RPI Class of 2012
                Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                  Or 68-34. But...
                  Let us not quibble and argue over 'oo killed 'oo...

Point being, got out shot 2 to 1, and we out scored them 4 to 1. That gets my star of approval. For years at the Field House we've heard "SHOOT IT" and "SHOOT THE PUCK" and "****IN SHOOT IT ALREADY" ad nauseum. If you're just throwing the puck on net, you're not getting quality chances.

It's worth noting that some teams have to do that because they don't have A) the patience and B) the talent required to maintain possession and good defense while working to create those golden opportunities. That's how you score on 1 in 4 shots.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    The last goal was as pretty as any I have seen. Polacek has a rifle for a shot and D'Amigo just set him up on the left side perfectly. It was just a thing of beauty to behold. The next 13 games should be a lot of fun.
                    The best part about it is the location - near the boards - and the fact that Polacek was kinda fading TOWARD the boards when he one-timed it. Freakin' sweet. Great pass. Great shot. Great goal.

Comment

Congrats to Chase Polacek, with his goal today he took over the top spot in league scoring. Should make for a fun night on Saturday...

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/0910/confstats/ecachm
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

If I was a Princeton fan not only would I be one of the very few but I would've been annoyed with how the ESPNU broadcasters were throwing compliments all over RPI and couldn't drop to their knees fast enough for both D'Amigo and Polacek.

This is... Quite the befuddling situation - I'm not used to hearing these things. Perhaps it's time to start getting used to it.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Congrats to Chase Polacek, with his goal today he took over the top spot in league scoring. Should make for a fun night on Saturday...

http://www.collegehockeystats.net/0910/confstats/ecachm
                          I'd say he's got at least an outside shot for POTW, but if the league wants to continue to sleep on him, I won't argue.

York, OTOH, needs to be GOTW or heads need to roll. 66 saves on 68 shots? What's the excuse going to be this week?

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                            Incredible game at Princeton-best effing power play I have seen at RPI in over 20 years. When we are healthy-we are a team to be reckoned with. Everyone played well. Jen and I sat in the midst of all the Princeton fanatics. Even they had to marvel at the puck control we displayed on special teams. We just need to play like this in every game from now on-the Tute is back!!
                            Dr.D, are you the one who went searching for me? The one time I stepped away from my seat, I was told someone from the forums came looking for me...

Wonderful game. Made the trip well worth it. The energy, the enthusiasm from the players, it is palpable.

Time to give Union their first league loss this Saturday.
                            Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

The best part about it is the location - near the boards - and the fact that Polacek was kinda fading TOWARD the boards when he one-timed it. Freakin' sweet. Great pass. Great shot. Great goal.
                              In no way am I saying that this was a Mario Lemieux goal-but darn it that is just how he used to set up in that exact same spot and shoot it on the fly and score. Just a great goal.

Comment

I'd say he's got at least an outside shot for POTW, but if the league wants to continue to sleep on him, I won't argue.

York, OTOH, needs to be GOTW or heads need to roll. 66 saves on 68 shots? What's the excuse going to be this week?
                                I agree on both counts. Although if they are not selected, it will only serve to add fuel to the RPI Hockey brushfire...
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X