This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

*looks at ECAC awards* Oh, big surprise, look who got jipped again. Sure it probably wasn't PotW material, but seriously, not even a nomination........

Are you required to play an ECAC team that week to garner the possibility of an award? Perhaps the ECAC is too subtle and should just plainly flip the bird to #21?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      *looks at ECAC awards* Oh, big surprise, look who got jipped again. Sure it probably wasn't PotW material, but seriously, not even a nomination........

Are you required to play an ECAC team that week to garner the possibility of an award? Perhaps the ECAC is too subtle and should just plainly flip the bird to #21?
      Seriously... get off the "OMG the ECAC hates RPI" kick

And if you'd bother to actually read the POTW press release from the ECAC, the answer to your question about needing to play an ECAC team that week should become glaringly obvious
      Last edited by JCrawford; 01-04-2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

Actually, I figure Jerry D should have received it. They obviously count nonleague games since it is awarded before any league games are played, so why not international?
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

TSN http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=304711
          Jerry D'Amigo has turned heads over the last two weeks with his play for the U.S., tallying five goals and five assists over the course of the tournament. Drafted in the sixth round of last year's draft by the Leafs, D'Amigo's biggest moment came courtesy of his goal in the semifinal win over Sweden.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ken Schott's blog, mainly about JD'A. http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...hotts-week-12/
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Actually, I figure Jerry D should have received it. They obviously count nonleague games since it is awarded before any league games are played, so why not international?
              You're very correct about this one.

Maybe my goggles are a little TOO cherry.

Comment

Just caught the tail end of last night's USA-Sweden game again on replay, and had a chance to confirm that there were definitely some loud shouts of "RED!" during the national anthem after the game.
                APBWiki

Comment

Unfortunately, no mention of RPI. I don't remember who on this board suggested this first, but I do think a major step in the NCAA winning the "NCAA vs. Major Junior" battles is to push for more emphasis on players' collegiate past (or, in this case, present). On NFL broadcasts, announcers will frequently refer to players' college careers, especially for younger pro players - why can't this happen more on NHL broadcasts too? This would give players the indication that, yes, NCAA play can lead to the pros or other opportunities such as the WJC.
                  RPI '08, UW '09. Let's go RED!

Comment

Originally posted by GoDanGo View Post
                    Unfortunately, no mention of RPI. I don't remember who on this board suggested this first, but I do think a major step in the NCAA winning the "NCAA vs. Major Junior" battles is to push for more emphasis on players' collegiate past (or, in this case, present). On NFL broadcasts, announcers will frequently refer to players' college careers, especially for younger pro players - why can't this happen more on NHL broadcasts too? This would give players the indication that, yes, NCAA play can lead to the pros or other opportunities such as the WJC.
                    Brian Burke was interviewed between periods and asked about D'Amigo.
                    All he said was the "he was a freshman at RPI" So we did get a mention, but he was not giving any accolades this early in Jerry's career.
                    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                    Benjamin Franklin
                    The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                    Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      Brian Burke was interviewed between periods and asked about D'Amigo.
                      All he said was the "he was a freshman at RPI" So we did get a mention, but he was not giving any accolades this early in Jerry's career.
                      I know the TSN announcers mentioned it once or twice, about it being an engineering school. Maybe a couple things beyond that.

Comment

Originally posted by GoDanGo View Post
                        Mike Emerick does an excellent job working players' colleges into his broadcasts...
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Speaking of TSN, Bob McKenzie, who obviously knows more about the ECAC than anyone else in Canada, mentioned on Twitter that Brandon Pirri was considered by Hockey Canada for an invite to WJC camp THIS YEAR. Says he might get the call next year.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                            Mike Emerick does an excellent job working players' colleges into his broadcasts...
                            Absolutely-he used to mention RPI every time the Devils played a game against a team that had Oates or Juneau.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Emrick has degrees from both Miami (Ohio) and Bowling Green, the latter a Ph.D, hence the nickname "doc". The man knows a lot about college hockey and is as nice a person as you will ever meet.

Comment

The week in review is up at Without A Peer.
                                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Working...
                                X