X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
    TimV, I'm sure you were at the game and watched the whole thing, right? Then shut up.

Two of Kennedy's penalties were completely bogus, especially the last one. I'm not sure how you can get called for boarding when you're STANDING directly next to the guy before you put him into the boards. He didn't even have one stride let alone two. It was a solid check on a guy who had his head down and the referee called a penalty because it made a lot of noise.
    Whoaaaa... didn't mean to trigger the notorious Angry Red Cloud Hostile Compulsive Reflexively Antagonistic Post (henceforth known as ARCH CRAP).

So only those actually in attendance, watching the whole game can post an opinion? Unless they agree with you of course? Who appointed you the Board Nazi?

My post did NOT dispute any calls made for or against RPI, and while it is true that most fans have complaints about the officiating, it is particulary prevalent on RPI threads, you can check it out.

I've had season tickets at RPI for a lot of years - long before you could even read. I'm delighted at this year's improvements and really expect things to get better quickly for this team. I hope they get better for you soon too, cuz you got way too many anger issues. I will now take your advice and shut up, you can continue to flame by yourself.
    A neg.rep on this thread is a badge of honor.....troyboy March 7 2011

Comment

Thread for next weekend's games http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?t=87445.

Happy New Year to all RPI fans. That includes you, Red Cloud.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

we are what we are a 500 team

and this year im ok with that
        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post

I am OK with it too since we haven't been there since 2003/4, but I want more.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Agree, take a look at Roll's record at Clarkson, Gadowsky at Princeton and Allain at Yale. Each had a couple seasons of sub par play when they took over, then one season around the .500 mark, which is where I believe RPI is this year. After that one .500 season came a 20 win season and a ncaa appearance. With the potential this team has I think they can follow this pattern.

Comment

We are today, but I disagree with that statement.
              We will finish above .500.
              We are better offensively and defensively and the goaltending is just coming around.
              The ECAC is not Michigan or MSU. I don't have a lot of confidence against those teams, and neither did the team.
              I think that the team was in awe of playing at the "Joe" and against those teams. We do not know how good we are yet.
              As Appert said in the post game interview, we have to come out aggressive and stop tip toeing throught the first period.
              I think we have more confidence against the ECAC teams and that will build as the season continues. By March, we will be a much better team. JMO
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by TimV View Post
                My post did NOT dispute any calls made for or against RPI, and while it is true that most fans have complaints about the officiating, it is particulary prevalent on RPI threads, you can check it out.
                You don't have to throw a hissy fit. You're just wrong. Deal with it.

I've had season tickets at RPI for a lot of years - long before you could even read.
                That's funny, because I had season tickets before I could read. You don't impress me.

I will now take your advice and shut up
                That's all you had to say. If you never posted ever again I would be pleased.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  We are better offensively and defensively and the goaltending is just coming around.
                  The ECAC is not Michigan or MSU. I don't have a lot of confidence against those teams, and neither did the team.
                  I think that the team was in awe of playing at the "Joe" and against those teams. We do not know how good we are yet.
                  As Appert said in the post game interview, we have to come out aggressive and stop tip toeing throught the first period.
                  I think we have more confidence against the ECAC teams and that will build as the season continues. By March, we will be a much better team. JMO
                  I usually agree with much of what you post ehf and this is no different. The only exception perhaps is my opinion of our defensive play. I think MU and MSU post exposed our defense as being less than they should be. Too often players were left unmolested to skate out from behind the net or allowed to circle behind the net. These 2 teams had too good a look at our goal before lining up a shot. We just seemed to give them too much time to make a play. That needs to be address before we commence the remainder of the ECAC schedule or we will continue to have problems. The other thing-we were given a long 5 on 3 against MSU that we did nothing with-we could not even seem to keep the puck in the offensive zone. I realize we don't see many of those situations but we really ought to handle that kind of gift better. Other teams have punished us severely when we go down to 3 men on the ice and we just dont seem to have that part figured out well yet. I would also like to suggest someone check into who is sharpening the skates as i never saw so many edges lost by a team in one game as against MSU. We seemed to be falling all over the place. But basically-I agree with your upbeat assessment-this is a team getting to be better and I too feel they will finish the year above .500
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                    I would also like to suggest someone check into who is sharpening the skates as i never saw so many edges lost by a team in one game as against MSU.
                    I had that thought while watching the BU game.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                      Might as well start looking ahead to 2010!

We've got 15 league games left with 7 of them against P, U, Q and Corn (5 of those 7 on the road). 4th place and a bye was 26 points last season. Given the good start of Q and the strength of Y, Corn and U; 26 might not be enough this year.

Is 4th place is in reach? We have to win 10 of the 15 to get to 26. That should be our goal. We need to win 5/6 at home where our schedule is easier. I think we can. The question is... can we take 5/9 on the road?

Given where we are today, I'll be satisfied with a 5th place finish and 24 points. I'll be very pleased if we squeeze into that 4th spot.

We need to win at least one next weekend at Q and P. I predict that we catch Q looking ahead to U and take that game to get us off on the right path.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post

We need to win at least one next weekend at Q and P. I predict that we catch Q looking ahead to U and take that game to get us off on the right path.
                        We might be catching Quinnipiac at the right time. They seem to have fallen off significantly since their meteoric rise to the top. Whether they are looking ahead to Union or not probably won't be a major issue.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

We might be catching Quinnipiac at the right time. They seem to have fallen off significantly since their meteoric rise to the top. Whether they are looking ahead to Union or not probably won't be a major issue.
                          You got a point. I hadn't realized that they lost to Harvard the other night. They have a tough stretch of opponents coming up. If they aren't for real we'll know soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePeople View Post
                            I totally agree
                            also, did anyone watch the game on tv? Those were bar none some of the dumbest commentators i've ever listened to.

RPI played well enough to get a W or T out of this one, created tons of scoring opportunities and really just had some unlucky bounces & Merriam gave up 2 of the softest goals i've seen in a while.
                            Honestly we still had a really good chance to win in the third but the team showed no heart at all once they got the 5on3 and after that they just skated it out - making MSU look a lot better than they actually are.

Not much to take from this game other than finishing chances, playing a full 60, and never letting Merriam see the ice again.
                            I don't know about "never" but I would pick my spots to give Merriam his playing time.

Only a couple college hockey announcers I like. One is Bob Norton and of course Fridgen does great color for the Union games. Didn't really like it when Fridg asked if RPI could refuse a penalty when they were really struggling with their PP. Oh well love that not so subtle Canadian humor. When Barry Melrose gets to do college he is great because he does his homework. I wish Don Cherry would do a couple college games.

I think Seth probably learned a lot about his team or at least reinforced some things he already knew.

I wish I saw the game.

Comment

That is the key-in this ECAC sometimes you can catch teams when they are on a hot streak and no matter what you do-they just have their best effort for you to deal with. It is all about the match ups-if you can catch teams when things are going less well-then you have a much easier time. I am still not convinced QU is for real but I do think Yale and PU are tough hombres to deal with.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                ...I would also like to suggest someone check into who is sharpening the skates as i never saw so many edges lost by a team in one game as against MSU. We seemed to be falling all over the place. But basically-
                                If we can keep our guys healthy, I believe we can be a top 6 team.

I didn't see the game so can't comment on the lost edges. Big Dana McGuane is the equip. manager and he knows his stuff. His resume includes a stint as the Head of Equipment for the NJ Devils..a tough job if there ever was one -- every guy wants his skates done "just so..." Pros are notoriously fussy about their blades...some to the point of obsession. In any event, he knows his stuff.

I didn't view the game, so don't know whether Dana was absent for the GLI. He is hard to miss behind our bench.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X