X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
    Mike Dark and his ex-defense partner are two of the best guys to come through the hockey program at RPI. Top notch people.
    As a youngster, Dark was my favorite player on the NC team. I enjoyed his interview between periods on WRPI last night.
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Not sure why they are on site called "treehugger" but here are some more pics from last night's game:

http://topics.treehugger.com/photo/04NF2sg9Lxavn
      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Minor Helfrich update from the Record blog:

Helfrich may play ... or may not

DETROIT -- Tyler Helfrich has quite a painful ankle today after blocking a shot against Michigan in the first period of Tuesday night's game.
        The junior winger and Rensselaer's second-leading scorer (4-9-13) on a points-per-game basis may or may not play tonight against No. 13 Michigan State in the Great Lakes Invitational Tournament.
        "Tyler felt better this morning," RPI coach Seth Appert said early this afternoon. "He'll warm up tonight and it'll be a game-time decision."
        Helfrich sustained the injury late in the first period of the 4-3 victory over Michigan. He skated on two shifts in the second period, then the ankle tightened and he sat out the final 36 minutes of the game.
        "It's not the sort of injury that will affect him long-term," Appert said. "It's the short-term mobility. So, Tyler will warm up, as will Justin Smith, and we'll make a decision then."

http://recordhockey.blogspot.com/

Comment

last nights rpi highlights - http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...ckey-body.html
          RIT Tigers
          2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
          2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            As a youngster, Dark was my favorite player on the NC team. I enjoyed his interview between periods on WRPI last night.
            Agreed. Kudos to the radio crew for a really good job, and to Darkie for giving such a good interview. He sounded really excited about being there.
            Last edited by Jasma; 12-30-2009, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Not my all-time favorite but top 5. I do think he was the most underrated definitely on that team, and probably during his time here.
              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Tonight's game is on Fox Sports Atlantic (TW ch. 670 for those of around Albany.)
                "Three words: Hard-working. Alpha-male. Jackhammer. Merciless. Insatiable."

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                  Not my all-time favorite but top 5. I do think he was the most underrated definitely on that team, and probably during his time here.
                  Can't agree he was underrated. He was very solid and he also received lots of praise and notoriety, much of it was seemingly due to his size.

We played against the team in a spring softball tournament that year. I was pitching and I can still remember the shot he hit - just about the length of upper Renwick field. Of course we weren't stupid and my center fielder was playing about 350 ft back and caught the ball after what seemed like 10 seconds of hang time. They beat us and wonthe tournament of course.

Comment

See some great shots of the boys last night:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/....php?p=9288289

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
                      See some great shots of the boys last night:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/....php?p=9288289
                      Thanks for sharing the nice pictures. They look awsome

Comment

Appert on WRPI seems to say Merriam is in net tonight. Pirri line stays intact...Helfrich appears to be a go.

Comment

Appert on WRPI seems to say Merriam is in net tonight. Pirri line stays intact...Helfrich appears to be a go.
                          That was a dumb move, listening to the game now. Why would you start Merriam
                          York has to be your guy. This was a big game. Give yourself the best chance to win.

come on!

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                            That was a dumb move, listening to the game now. Why would you start Merriam
                            York has to be your guy. This was a big game. Give yourself the best chance to win.

come on!
                            I totally agree
                            also, did anyone watch the game on tv? Those were bar none some of the dumbest commentators i've ever listened to.

RPI played well enough to get a W or T out of this one, created tons of scoring opportunities and really just had some unlucky bounces & Merriam gave up 2 of the softest goals i've seen in a while.
                            Honestly we still had a really good chance to win in the third but the team showed no heart at all once they got the 5on3 and after that they just skated it out - making MSU look a lot better than they actually are.

Not much to take from this game other than finishing chances, playing a full 60, and never letting Merriam see the ice again.
                            The color of illusion is perfect blue
                            Chase: What Matters.

Comment

The guys just didn't have it tonight. Tough night for Merriam and York. You could have left Merriam in and they probably wouldn't have scored any more than they did on York. MSU played well and capitalized on all of their opportunities. O'Grady's post could have changed things had it gone in. Overall, we played for a championship, and a split in Michigan against two Michigan teams is a decent road trip. Would like to have seen Jensen in the line up.
                              Like a turkey at Thanksgiving, I'm stuffed

Comment

Originally posted by ThePeople View Post
                                also, did anyone watch the game on tv? Those were bar none some of the dumbest commentators i've ever listened to.
                                The dumb play by play guy is Ken Daniels. He's play by play for the Red Wings, not a college guy. Prior to joining the Wings, he was on Hockey Night and Canada. Before that he was radio play by play for the Maple Leafs. He also did Olympic coverage for the CBC.

The dumb color guy is former NHL goaltender John Vanbiesbrouck. He's currently the goalie coach for the Flint Generals and an analyst for NHL on Versus. He was filling in for Fred Pletsch who's currently covering the WJC.
                                Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency!

Comment

Working...
                                X