X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Once per week for HS Seniors; once per month for Juniors. That's for prospective athletes. It's hard to believe that would be less for someone after he commits.
    I think he's talking about contact with the NHL while the player is in college. I doubt there's any limits on that, seeing as how the player is already in the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I think he's talking about contact with the NHL while the player is in college. I doubt there's any limits on that, seeing as how the player is already in the NCAA.
      Ralph had it right. I never get the NCAA rules straight concerning the schools contact with the athelete.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

A nice article by Ed Weaver about RPI going to the GLI http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...b512676126.txt.

I could have sworn, however, that the GLI was also played in December 1985 at the JLA, so this isn't RPI's first visit since the NCAA tourney in 1985. Well, he was only off by a few months.

While checking old Intercollegiate Hockey Newsletters before posting this, I was reminded that Mark Jooris had five goals and two assists vs. Michigan in the opening round. I hope that someone can duplicate that.

I would also argue about whether the 1985 championship was RPI's greatest feat. We were favored in both games, although perhaps not big favorites vs. UMD. I would think that the 1954 championship was a greater feat. Then again, perhaps Weaver is correct since there was more competition overall in 1985 than in 1954.

Edit: He wrote "fete" not "feat". It's rather odd wording, but maybe it is correct, although there may have been a greater fete after the team returned home at the Student Union.
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-26-2009, 06:44 AM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Hockey's Future thread about Jerry D'Amigo http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=718134.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I just took a look at the box score from the BU game again, looks like they gave Chase an assist on the ENG.

I know this news is 2 weeks old, but the streak is still alive.

Comment

I think as long as there are no issues with money, the kids are free to talk to whoever they please... many of these kids have already been directly involved with either their NHL draft team or interested teams - through prospect camps.
              Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-26-2009, 12:14 PM.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

That's good to know he's getting tips from the Leafs ...
                If it was from any other organization, I'd be more impressed.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I thought that RPI has been having trouble winning its tourney in recent years (and they have), but Michigan Tech hasn't won the GLI since 1980 despite playing every year. That's before our previous appearance. Granted that the competition is more difficult in the GLI than the RPI tourney.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I thought that RPI has been having trouble winning its tourney in recent years (and they have), but Michigan Tech hasn't won the GLI since 1980 despite playing every year. That's before our previous appearance. Granted that the competition is more difficult in the GLI than the RPI tourney.
                    I hope we can make some noise at the GLI. I noticed the Big Blue Blowhard blog slammed us for being the weakest 4th team ever, blah blah. Hope we can send Red and his hair dye packing.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      I hope we can make some noise at the GLI. I noticed the Big Blue Blowhard blog slammed us for being the weakest 4th team ever, blah blah. Hope we can send Red and his hair dye packing.
                      How about a link?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

RB: Do you remember when the RPI tourney drew the best teams in the country and the competition was fierce? I used to love the 3 day round robin and then the 2 day tournaments more recently as I got to see the best in the country.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

How about a link?
                          I'll see if I can dig it up.

Comment

Maybe it should be greatest feet

Kick save and a beauty!

Comment

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/205/live/2699.html

Check out who has USA's 3rd goal.

Comment

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/205/live/2699.html