X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI III: Revenge of the Seth

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
    I do think Scott is the likely target given his ties to USNTP and having a year under his belt in a top program like the Gophers.
    More like half a year.

Which gets me to wondering... and this is totally out of left field. I'm too lazy to look up when Scott departed the U - could he be eligible, say, next semester, if he left during fall semester of '08?

That said, he hasn't produced much in the way of points, which I am ok with if Scott is a stay at home, shutdown type of defenceman. If that's the case, then bring him on.
    Absolutely. With Bergin and Brutlag having an offensive aspect to their game, we can get away with all of the rest of them being defensive-minded for sure.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I do think Scott is the likely target given his ties to USNTP and having a year under his belt in a top program like the Gophers. That said, he hasn't produced much in the way of points, which I am ok with if Scott is a stay at home, shutdown type of defenceman. If that's the case, then bring him on.
      Here are a few comments about Scott from back in February on a Fargo Force blog.
      http://www.areavoices.com/force/?pag...nts&blog=42856
      I think he would be a fantastic pick up for RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
        Here are a few comments about Scott from back in February on a Fargo Force blog.
        http://www.areavoices.com/force/?pag...nts&blog=42856
        I think he would be a fantastic pick up for RPI.
        I like the "jackhammer slapshot" & "physical force" descriptions...
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
          More like half a year.

Which gets me to wondering... and this is totally out of left field. I'm too lazy to look up when Scott departed the U - could he be eligible, say, next semester, if he left during fall semester of '08?
          I believe he played his lone game for the Gophers on 1/31/09 so it was the Spring semester. I don't believe he can play, he needs to sit out all of 09/10 season.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Coldwell is an attractive blueline candidate with a proven offensive upside both in the USHL and NAHL. As for Carlson, at 6'2 200 as a 17 year old, we need to be interested in him, no matter what the roster numbers say. Just ask Doc.
            Wicked-agreed. I don't need for all the defensemen to be huge but I would like to see a fair share(about 3) who are large. I do like to see mobility and offensive defensemen too. I also like for one forward on each line to have a bit of size. I think SA has been wonderful with recruiting talented speedy kids-just want a little bit more size in the coming years and I would be just fine with it. Even when Vermont had St Louis and Perrin-they had Ruid on that line for some muscle in front of the net.
            Last edited by DrDemento; 12-22-2009, 01:44 PM.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

I believe he played his lone game for the Gophers on 1/31/09 so it was the Spring semester. I don't believe he can play, he needs to sit out all of 09/10 season.
              Yeah, if that's the case he's definitely ineligible until next fall.

Comment

Its nice for RPI to enter a Dec tourney with as much or more scoring power from its top 5 players as its three opponents.
                If York plays well and the d cleans up the mess in front of the net the engineers can win the GLI. They don't have to play over their heads they just have limit the mistakes.
                This tournament could turn the season. A boost in confidence now will go a long way in the ECAC.

Comment

D'Amigo not playing tonight vs. the Czechs. Exhibition game.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    D'Amigo not playing tonight vs. the Czechs. Exhibition game.
                    I dunno if that means he's gone, or if it means he's a shoe-in, and that the bubble bobblers are playing.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      I dunno if that means he's gone, or if it means he's a shoe-in, and that the bubble bobblers are playing.
                      Considering that the other scratch was Jason Zucker, I'm not worried.

If he was on the bubble in the slightest, they wouldn't have brought him to Canada, not played him in the only exhibition game before the tournament starts, and then sent him home. Unless he hurt himself.

Comment

If he was on the bubble, he would've been suiting up tonight to get one more shot to prove himself I'd figure.

Since he's still working off the knee injury, I'm sure they're taking it easy with him for now.
                        R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Congrats to Jerry D'Amigo on making Team USA http://usahockey.com/world_junior_ch...tailedNews=yes. Interestingly, RPI will be the only team at the GLI to be missing a player due to the U-20 tourney.
                          Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-23-2009, 10:48 AM. Reason: speeling
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ken Scott's blog entry about JD'A making the U-20 team including a quote by SA http://www.dailygazette.com/weblogs/...make-team-usa/.

RPI press release http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/200...223093616.aspx
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              The press release mentions that Mathias Lange played for Germany in 2004, which would be prior to attending RPI. Is that true? He is Austrian after all.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                The press release mentions that Mathias Lange played for Germany in 2004, which would be prior to attending RPI. Is that true? He is Austrian after all.
                                Well, yeah, that would be Austria. Played on a team with Thomas Vanek and Andreas Nodl.

Comment

Working...
                                X