This Week in ECAC Hockey Poll: Best Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Week in ECAC Hockey Poll: Best Start

Who's fall has been most impressive: Cornell, Quinnipiac, Union, or Yale?
    Cornell
    5.56%
    Quinnipiac
    61.11%
    Union
    19.44%
    Yale
    8.33%
    Other
    5.56%

The poll is expired.

Re: This Week in ECAC Hockey Poll: Best Start

As much as I wanted to vote my Alma Mater, they've just done what they supposed to and regularly do. Q has come out and really done well both in and out of conference.
    Cornell '09

I Bleed Big Red.

Comment

I'd say Union.

And really, as good as Cornell and Yale have been, they should have expected nothing less. Yale should be a bit disappointed in my opinion. The results for Brown, and St. Lawrence for that matter, have been more impressive to me.

Comment

I think its really down to Quinnipiac and Union. Quinnipiac has always shown the ability to score and they are ranked very high nationally. The one factor that made me vote for Union is the fact that they have done very well in the league match ups. (Still undefeated!) They are also the only team that has yet to lose on the road...

Check this out... Take a look at the champions of the ECAC over the last several years. The teams with the highest win percentage on the road in league games are:

Year Team Road Win% (Rank) Playoff Result
        2008-09 Yale 0.733 (1) Champion
        2007-08 Princeton 0.636 (1) Champion
        2006-07 Clarkson 0.727 (1) Champion
        2005-06 Cornell 0.591 (1) Runner-Up
        2004-05 Cornell 0.773 (1) Champion

Its an interesting stat to keep an eye on at the least.
        BONESAW!!!

Comment

Quinnipiac. Easily.

Yale was supposed to be even better than they've shown. Cornell isn't doing anything different. Stupid people didn't think Union would be good.

But no one - NO ONE - saw Quinnipiac being as good as they have been.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

another Cornell fan ... voting for QU

I expected a quality first half from Yale and Cornell. Union - meh...

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              But no one - NO ONE - saw Quinnipiac being as good as they have been.
              I know I'm biased but I have to agree here. Our own media guys picked us near the bottom. Our start was not only impressive within the league, but the national attention came from nowhere.

Right now we're reeling just a bit but hopefully the break will let us regroup and come out just as strong in the 2nd half.
              Quinnipiac Bobcats
              2023 National Champions
              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Hockeyplayer and GoDanGo...for shame picking Yale or Cornell. No one saw Union or Q playing this well for the first half of the season. Just about EVERYONE picked Yale and Cornell to do what they've done so far. If anything I think Yale underachieved up until the QU/Princeton weekend.

Comment

I figure Brown should at least get a mention for their spectacular run.

But, Quinnipiac has been consistently impressive from their first game.

Comment

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
                    I figure Brown should at least get a mention for their spectacular run.
                    I was about to click "other" for exactly this reason!

Originally posted by licwinko View Post
                    But, Quinnipiac has been consistently impressive from their first game.
                    But then I decided to choose reason over bias and voted for...

...Union.

I'd like to take that back and vote for QU, though. I forgot how low they were rated coming into the season, and, as Red Cloud so eloquently puts it, "stupid people thought Union would be bad." And I was not one of those stupid people. So I guess in terms of surprise value and consistency (excepting last weekend), QU takes it in a landslide.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post

I'd like to take that back and vote for QU, though. I forgot how low they were rated coming into the season
                      11th in the media pre-season. 1st at the break. Huge achievement.

Comment

I realize that this is an ECAC poll but the actual question does not specify any conference in particular. Personally I've always respected Quinn ever since I saw them when they came to Michigan in 2003. I was impressed by them, even though their record wasn't so hot that year.

However, overall I think Ferris State has had the best start in all of College Hockey this year.
                        Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
                          I realize that this is an ECAC poll but the actual question does not specify any conference in particular.
                          So, you're saying that "This Week in ECAC Hockey Poll" wasn't a dead giveaway for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            So, you're saying that "This Week in ECAC Hockey Poll" wasn't a dead giveaway for you.
                            You're an idiot. The question reads "Who has been most impressive thus far?" and no where in there does it say ECAC.

Quit stalking me!

It puts the lotion on its skin...
                            Go Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMICHhockeyRULZ View Post
                              You're an idiot. The question reads "Who has been most impressive thus far?" and no where in there does it say ECAC.
                              Read the thread title, numbnuts. It's called context. Ignoring context is a good way to get people to laugh at you.

Quit stalking me!
                              Stalking? Hardly. Your posts in ECAC threads are simply too full of stupid to ignore.

Comment

Working...
                              X