Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010: Calmly Step Away from the Ledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota Golden Gophers 2009-2010: Calmly Step Away from the Ledge

Is Cepis ok? I was out of town this weekend and unfortunately missed both games but heard he was held out of the 3rd period Saturday.

With the way it sounds like they played maybe I should go out of town more often.
    Originally posted by CavalryNate
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
      Is Cepis ok? I was out of town this weekend and unfortunately missed both games but heard he was held out of the 3rd period Saturday.

With the way it sounds like they played maybe I should go out of town more often.
      He was fine. He was held out of the 3rd on purpose in case things got nasty.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
        When a team beats another by four goals hardly would I ever call it a game the Gophers stole.
        If you only look at goal differential, that statement makes sense. However, if you look at the number of chances each team generated combined with the fluke nature of one Gopher goal combined with a UND shot hitting not one but two posts, I'd say my argument has a bit more merit than you might think.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
          If you only look at goal differential, that statement makes sense. However, if you look at the number of chances each team generated combined with the fluke nature of one Gopher goal combined with a UND shot hitting not one but two posts, I'd say my argument has a bit more merit than you might think.
          I think your argument holds water. However, I think it was more just a simple difference in the level of play between the pipes. We've seen it over and over again as Gopher fans where goalies play there best games against the Gophers. Finally they got a goalie on an off night and they made him pay for it. Too often the other goalie was playing his best game and with the Gophers anemic scoring there was nothing Kangas could do about it. I hope the trend continues and the other goalies start faltering a little bit.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            He was fine. He was held out of the 3rd on purpose in case things got nasty.
            Thanks. Good to hear.
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

I'll chip in for gas money and a hotel room. Who's with me?

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                I'll chip in for gas money and a hotel room. Who's with me?
                I'll cover meals at the local OCB.
                04-05 Pick Your Bow(e)ls Champion
                USCHO Virtual Stock Exchange Guru

Originally posted by Dirty
                I don't think you're weird, just a completely worthless sack of monkey poo.
                Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
                I am saying it right here. ajoyce is the HA guru.

Comment

IMO the upcoming Gophers/SCSU series looks to be a series of fairly evenly matched teams. SCSU is a much more balanced scoring team and have seen some improvement on defense over last year. Both teams are coming off recent good runs in their last 11 games against relatively poor teams: SCSU: 9-1-1, Gophers: 8-2-1. I think it would be a mistake for anyone to assume an easy sweep or even an easy three pts. for the Gophers. SCSU has faired well so far this year against good teams splitting against Den., UW, UND, and grabbing three pts. from UMD, and will also be seeking to avoid another sweep making it 8 straight losses to the Gophers.

If the Gophers can only manage a split and CC sweeps UAA, UND may be the team to help the Gophers in the standings and PWR. UND has a stronger remaining SOS than SCSU as well. An important series to watch this weekend with significant PWR implications is UND/Cornell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                    I guess I have to disagree with you and scooby. While the sioux did play a decent game, that's like saying the gophers got a game stolen from them when despite a massive shot differential they still lost. How many times this year has a puck (or two) gone off a gopher skate past kangas? I just don't believe that hitting a pair of posts or having a crazy goal go in against you is having a game stolen. If the game was close I'd agree, but not here.

The gophers stole the game on friday, not on saturday. Just my $0.02.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Just looking at the polls....

I'm not suprised we can't crack the top 20 yet, But is UND's ranking at all based in reality? Seriously, they have also been bad this year and are 5th in the country? We have a chance to catch the in league standing this weekend.
                      Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
                      NFL Min
                      MLB NYM, Min
                      NHL Min, Dal
                      NCAAB Min, Baylor
                      NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
                      Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by GOPHER FREAK View Post
                        Just looking at the polls....

I'm not suprised we can't crack the top 20 yet, But is UND's ranking at all based in reality? Seriously, they have also been bad this year and are 5th in the country? We have a chance to catch the in league standing this weekend.
                        The polls poles are pretty much a dart being thrown against a wall don't even bother with that look at the PairWise Rankings. The Sioux are currently tied for 12th.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GOPHER FREAK View Post
                          I'm not suprised we can't crack the top 20 yet, But is UND's ranking at all based in reality? Seriously, they have also been bad this year and are 5th in the country?
                          Are any polls based on reality?

The polls poles are pretty much a dart being thrown against a wall don't even bother with that look at the PairWise Rankings. The Sioux are currently tied for 12th.
                          The real question will be whether or not UMN can move into PWR contention from their current position of 23rd. That would be impressive.
                          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                            The real question will be whether or not UMN can move into PWR contention from their current position of 23rd. That would be impressive.
                            Seems like it will be a tough task against some strong opponents from here on out but not out of the question. Maybe we can pull a patented Sioux second half surge into the NCAA's.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                              Are any polls based on reality? The real question will be whether or not UMN can move into PWR contention from their current position of 23rd. That would be impressive.
                              Good question. It depends on how one defines reality. The polls express reality as a collaboration of objective data and subjective opinions of coaches and media at a specific point in time. They take into account more subjective variables and biases that cannot be statistically operationalized. The construct and internal validity is therefore questionable from week to week. PWR is a statistical measurement of objective reality but lacks intangible variables that can easily alter perceived statistical outcomes. Viewing both in creative paradox is probably a reasonable approximation of the dynamic tension of a team's potential and statistical standing.

Comment

Light up a cigar and enjoy my friend....

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EESDWQl2Obk&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EESDWQl2Obk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Comment

Working...
                                X