Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Hockey Recruiting: What is next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hockey Recruiting: What is next?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4727155

Perhaps someday, we will have 'hostesses' driving up to places like Warroad, Penticton or Thunder Bay to cheer on recruits....

Re: College Hockey Recruiting: What is next?

Lane Kiffin is in way over his head. I smell NCAA sanctions.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Recruiting Hostess have existed since the early '60s.

This SI article was written in 1987 about hostesses.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...6350/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        Recruiting Hostess have existed since the early '60s.

This SI article was written in 1987 about hostesses.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vau...6350/index.htm
        It's not just that they are hostesses - it's that now, these cute college girls are driving hundreds of miles to cheer at prospects' games. That's incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
          It's not just that they are hostesses - it's that now, they drive hundreds of miles to prospects' games. That's incredible.
          If it becomes legal I believe more schools will follow Tennesse.
          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
            If it becomes legal I believe more schools will follow Tennesse.
            I never played any sports in college, so I suppose I technically still have eligability left. If schools start to follow suit for hockey programs, I wonder if some of these gals would be willing to come cheer for me at one of my adult hockey games? Co-eds in the bleachers might make it difficult to concentrate on hockey!?! (A guy can dream...)

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
              I never played any sports in college, so I suppose I technically still have eligability left.
              Your eligibility clock starts the second you show up for your first class... regardless of whether you play a sport or not.

Deadspin, of all places, has a great Brief History Of Campus Recruiting Whores.
              Bronco Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
                I never played any sports in college, so I suppose I technically still have eligability left. If schools start to follow suit for hockey programs, I wonder if some of these gals would be willing to come cheer for me at one of my adult hockey games? Co-eds in the bleachers might make it difficult to concentrate on hockey!?! (A guy can dream...)
                In football you might, but in hockey there is an age limit, to keep the Canadian granddads at home.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4727155

Perhaps someday, we will have 'hostesses' driving up to places like Warroad, Penticton or Thunder Bay to cheer on recruits....
                  Wow that girl at Michigan Tech would have a lot of traveling on her hands.
                  Originally posted by Wreckincrew: "I nominate Clifton for a position on the NCAA Frozen Four host selection plan"

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                    In football you might, but in hockey there is an age limit, to keep the Canadian granddads at home.
                    Minor detail. No one has to tell the co-eds about that rule. Besides, I don't have any grand kids yet. (And I better not have any in the near future!)

Comment

Originally posted by Clifton View Post
                      Wow that girl at Michigan Tech would have a lot of traveling on her hands.
                      That's not all she'd have on her hands.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by moe24 View Post
                        Your eligibility clock starts the second you show up for your first class... regardless of whether you play a sport or not.
                        incorrect. You are eligible to play as long as you have not graduated and not used up eligibility by playing.
                        Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                          incorrect. You are eligible to play as long as you have not graduated and not used up eligibility by playing.
                          No, you're incorrect. You really should stop trying to look smart, because you aren't.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                          X