Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rensselaer at Boston University 12/11

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Given our recent streak of TV games and which goalie plays, I say that Merriam gets the nod. For most of last year's TV games, York played in net (exception being Freakout of course). For AIC, Merriam was in net.
    I fail to follow the logic of your deductions.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      I fail to follow the logic of your deductions.
      In quite a few of the TV games last year, York (who was the backup goalie at the time) started. Alford (who I guess you consider was the backup goalie at the time, seeing as how Lange got most of the play time the previous year) started many of the televised games from 2 years ago. This year for our televised games so far (though only 1), Merriam has started.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        In quite a few of the TV games last year, York (who was the backup goalie at the time) started. Alford (who I guess you consider was the backup goalie at the time, seeing as how Lange got most of the play time the previous year) started many of the televised games from 2 years ago. This year for our televised games so far (though only 1), Merriam has started.
        Got it.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Jerry D'Amigo will sit out Friday's game. He aggravated his knee injury a bit vs. Union. He wants to play, of course. http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...2192473748.txt
          No D'Amigo, no Lee, no Bergin? BU gets to see a very watered down RPI offense.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
            We don't have a "best" goaltender at the moment. We have two very talented goaltenders both playing mediocre hockey at the moment, and both getting left out to dry by their defense.
            Well, one of them did play in and win a national championship game.
            Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
              No D'Amigo, no Lee, no Bergin? BU gets to see a very watered down RPI offense.
              Also no Kerins due to the DQ. He has really picked up his scoring this season.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Even though the injured players will be missed, I think other forwards will pick up the tap. There are still a bunch of good forwards who can score, and who can make good plays. They have all the motivation in the world to win this one. I'm much more concerned with the defense, but again, I think they also will step up their game. I 'm hoping Meriam is in goal. I think it will help the defense get out of the rut they have been in, and I think it's also good for a healthy competition between York and Meriam. I'm sure Appert was furious Wednesday night. My prediction is 4-2 RPI

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                  Well, one of them did play in and win a national championship game.
                  Yes, but his stats for this season sit at 3.48 GAA with a save percentage of .865. Not exactly last year's Kieran Millan.
                  "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Yes, but his stats for this season sit at 3.48 GAA with a save percentage of .865. Not exactly last year's Kieran Millan.
                    We'll take what we can get.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

I read that as his GPA is 3.48.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I stay away for a few days and the BU-RPI thread is five pages. Wacky.

BU needs someone to go nuts tonight. (Nick hattie?) A beer for everyone if a Terrier gets a hat trick tonight.

Don't forget your teddy bear.

BU Hockey: Long Pants and Parking
                        It Happened!!!!

Comment

The USCHO ECAC columnist "optimistically" picked RPI to win 4-3. That's an interesting adverb to use considering that he is a BU grad.

I guess that he figured that a loss will help BU get a better draft pick.
                          I've seen BU win a title recently, and I know that they ain't got squat this year. I love the ECAC, and I'm willing to sacrifice a handful of my alma mater's games if it elevates the reputation of ECAC Hockey. (I wouldn't pull for the league over my alma mater in a big-time game, but here? Go for it, 'Tute.)

Comment

We don't have a "best" goaltender at the moment...both playing mediocre hockey at the moment, and both getting left out to dry by their defense.
                            Sounds vaguely familiar to RPI fans.
                            Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 12-11-2009, 11:13 AM.
                            ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by ECACHL writer View Post
                              I've seen BU win a title recently, and I know that they ain't got squat this year. I love the ECAC, and I'm willing to sacrifice a handful of my alma mater's games if it elevates the reputation of ECAC Hockey. (I wouldn't pull for the league over my alma mater in a big-time game, but here? Go for it, 'Tute.)
                              Ya know, now is when your alma mater needs your support thankyouverymuch. Sheesh.

Comment

Alex Angers-Goulet had two tallies for RPI last time out vs. BU. If he skates the way he did on Wednesday, he could do it again.
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Working...
                                X