Rensselaer at Boston University 12/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rensselaer at Boston University 12/11

Last night's game made me sick. Appert does have a point in saying that RPI has not been getting blown out and they have been staying with teams no matter the caliber.

However, is it me or are third period let-downs plaguing this team? 4 goals to your crosstown rival in the third periord last night (in your own barn) is really inexcusable. I'm forever an optimist with RPI hockey and have been now for 20 years, but something's gotta give here...what do you guys think? Is Appert a recruiting genius that may lack a bit in the coaching department?

Big game tomorrow night...and I'm excited! Hopefully we come out firing ready to make a statement...otherwise it's gonna be a long couple of weeks off.

I haven't been to Boston for an RPI game since they played at the old Garden for the ECAC playoffs...what are ticket prices like for Agganis? Some friends of mine were just gonna go to the Cask or something and watch it on NESN.

Sorry for bein' all over the place on my post...haven't posted in a while and am just starting to get concerned that Appert may be better suited as a top assistant rather than a head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by ajt6954 View Post
      I haven't been to Boston for an RPI game since they played at the old Garden for the ECAC playoffs...what are ticket prices like for Agganis? Some friends of mine were just gonna go to the Cask or something and watch it on NESN.
      Tickets are 24$, plus ticketmaster fees if you buy them there. You should be able to get them at the box office day of game though.

Comment

Originally posted by ajt6954 View Post
        Last night's game made me sick. Appert does have a point in saying that RPI has not been getting blown out and they have been staying with teams no matter the caliber.

However, is it me or are third period let-downs plaguing this team? 4 goals to your crosstown rival in the third periord last night (in your own barn) is really inexcusable. I'm forever an optimist with RPI hockey and have been now for 20 years, but something's gotta give here...what do you guys think? Is Appert a recruiting genius that may lack a bit in the coaching department?

Big game tomorrow night...and I'm excited! Hopefully we come out firing ready to make a statement...otherwise it's gonna be a long couple of weeks off.

Sorry for bein' all over the place on my post...haven't posted in a while and am just starting to get concerned that Appert may be better suited as a top assistant rather than a head coach.
        We are still lacking in Senior leadership, and one can't say that Paul Kerins set a good example for the team, although I can understand what caused it.

The only time that I ever went to watch RPI play BU in Boston was for a first round ECAC playoff game in 1969. A very disappointing 4-2 loss considering that we beat BU 7-0 during the season with Barry Sherwood, a center, playing goal.

Damm, that's over 40 years and two BU rinks ago. (The program has a drawing of the planned Walter Brown Arena.)
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-10-2009, 09:16 AM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
          Tickets are 24$, plus ticketmaster fees if you buy them there. You should be able to get them at the box office day of game though.
          Coming from the land of $4 student season ticket prices, I just about crapped myself when I saw that tickets were $24 each. You can go to an AHL game for less than half that. Fortunately we have enough going in our group that we got the discounted group rate.

Any suggestions on parking near the rink? Is it paid parking and if so, how much?
          APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
            Coming from the land of $4 student season ticket prices, I just about crapped myself when I saw that tickets were $24 each. You can go to an AHL game for less than half that. Fortunately we have enough going in our group that we got the discounted group rate.

Any suggestions on parking near the rink? Is it paid parking and if so, how much?
            Pre-paid parking through ticketbastard is $10 plus a $3.50 convenience charge, plus a $2.50 print-at-home charge... I'd hope there's parking available for less than $16/car near the rink

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
              Pre-paid parking through ticketbastard is $10 plus a $3.50 convenience charge, plus a $2.50 print-at-home charge... I'd hope there's parking available for less than $16/car near the rink
              I went to the BU-BC game at Agganis last December, and we found street parking less than a half mile from the arena. I'm sure that you can get a spot in a garage, but you'll likely pay through the nose for it. A random spot on a side street is probably a better bet.
              Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post

There's some street parking the area (be sure to check for "Resident" signs though before parking). If you get there around 6ish, you should be able to get a spot on either side of Babcock Street. The arena has parking inside for 10$.

Comment

To the south of comm ave is Brookline with all the free on street parking you can enjoy. Never pay a garage, and never fill a meter!
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    To the south of comm ave is Brookline with all the free on street parking you can enjoy. Never pay a garage, and never fill a meter!
                    meters are free after 6 be careful with brookline, they have some really weird parking rules and they enforce them like crazy.
                    time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Yes, I felt the same way-it is getting harder to find bright spots to keep the spirits up. I slammed down two shots of Van Gogh Dutch Caramel Vodka after that third period last night. But life goes on and we get a chance to redeem ourselves friday.
                      I'm glad you're keeping your blood thin Doc.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                        The arena has parking inside for 10$.
                        I think for ten bucks I'll skip playing roulette with the Boston Parking Authority.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

I may just T it.
                          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                            I may just T it.
                            Best idea if youre coming from outside of the city. Depending on where youre coming from you can always drive to a D line stop that isnt riverside and park at one of their lots for free then just take it to kenmore and switch out on a b line.
                            time to write new history

Comment

Down by central campus they have two hr limits. Over by HAA and the projects they don't
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I seem to remember watching SA's former roommate's team having a similar collapse last April in a slightly more important game.
                                Very true, Ralph.

Of course, after that game, Miami had six months to get their heads screwed back on straight. RPI has two days.

Comment

Working...
                                X