UNH @ UVM: Everyone likes a Catfight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH @ UVM: Everyone likes a Catfight!

The Wildcats play the Catamounts in a Sunday matinee, with the former hoping to regain sole possession of 1st place in HE, and the latter trying to leapfrog the UMasses and land in 4th. Both teams had to travel to Burlington, as Vermont played to a tie against BU in Boston on Friday.

(A brief aside: On Friday, the UNH BB team played (and lost to) the Pitt Panthers, and only scored 7 points in the 1st half against Pitt's 15, resulting in a new NCAA Div 1 record for fewest total points in a half since the introduction of the clock shot. On Saturday, UNH football played (well, they really underplayed) the Villanova Wildcats, and scored a mere 7 points total, in the 2nd half. UNH hockey plays the Catamounts today -- that's 3 opponents for UNH with feline-related names in a weekend. (I'm conveniently leaving out the game against the River Hawks on Friday.) I sincerely doubt either New Hampshire or Vermont will ring up 7 goals, but the symmetry would be sweet or sour, depending.)

Easy prediction: the Cats will win today.
    We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
    ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
    --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Re: UNH @ UVM: Everyone likes a Catfight!

Originally posted by goblue View Post
    The Wildcats play the Catamounts in a Sunday matinee, with the former hoping to regain sole possession of 1st place in HE, and the latter trying to leapfrog the UMasses and land in 4th. Both teams had to travel to Burlington, as Vermont played to a tie against BU in Boston on Friday.

(A brief aside: On Friday, the UNH BB team played (and lost to) the Pitt Panthers, and only scored 7 points in the 1st half against Pitt's 15, resulting in a new NCAA Div 1 record for fewest total points in a half since the introduction of the clock shot. On Saturday, UNH football played (well, they really underplayed) the Villanova Wildcats, and scored a mere 7 points total, in the 2nd half. UNH hockey plays the Catamounts today -- that's 3 opponents for UNH with feline-related names in a weekend. (I'm conveniently leaving out the game against the River Hawks on Friday.) I sincerely doubt either New Hampshire or Vermont will ring up 7 goals, but the symmetry would be sweet or sour, depending.)

Easy prediction: the Cats will win today.
    I went to the UNH v. Villanova game... Only one coaching staff showed up to that game... Its as though Dick Umile took over coaching the offensive team for the entire first half!!! How does a team not a first down until the 3rd quarter??? ok my rant is over... I'm still thawing out however...

Hopefully the hockey will break the mini curse against feline opponents...
    UNH Wildcats

1985 Women's Lacrosse Division I National Champions

So much for empty trophy cases

Comment

Originally posted by UNH09 View Post
      I went to the UNH v. Villanova game... Only one coaching staff showed up to that game... Its as though Dick Umile took over coaching the offensive team for the entire first half!!! How does a team not a first down until the 3rd quarter??? ok my rant is over... I'm still thawing out however...

Hopefully the hockey will break the mini curse against feline opponents...
      I hoped for a better showing as well, instead of a blowout. To make another hockey comparison, they played about as well as the Cats did against Minny in the NCAA Championship not that many years ago.

Ah, well. Clearly the better team won, so 'Nova deserves the chance to go all the way.
      We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
      ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
      --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

I'll be checking in, but the TV that gets the game is not where the desktop is. I keep coming in here to catch the Pats game online too, ha.

Sickie (i.e. me) gonna curl up the couch.

Go 'Cats! Um.... of the blue variety
        Live Free or Die!

Celeste & Sydney Recovery Fund

Comment

Downing scores on the PP.

1-0 VT, 17:42
          Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 12-06-2009, 02:59 PM.
          Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

UNH on the PP, 12:17 left in the first
            GO WILDCATS! 2002 & 2003 Hockey East Reg. Season & Tourney Champions.

Comment

PP was killed off, now another PP, Hardowa was hit in the head by a UVM player(one of the captains) missed the name.

Comment

Burke with a nice goal, 7:09.

1-1.
                Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 12-06-2009, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Burke scores his first UNH goal to tie it 1-1. On a screen through Butler.

Comment

Kessel scores to make it 2-1 with 1:16 left in the period.

Comment

Kessel scores, 2-1..... 1:12 left in the 1st

Comment

UVM 1 UNH 2, 1st Intermission

Solid period for UNH after giving up the early PPG. Downing is awesome, and was left ALL alone in the slot on that PPG for UVM.

The high sticking penalty on Roloff popped Beck's helmet up, ouch. Seems fine.

Burke's goal was great, fired it through the 2 UVM defenders who were tight together in the middle and they partially screened Spillane.
                        Live Free or Die!

Comment

Interview with Downing, then a taped interview with Sneddon.

Comment

Hi everybody!

Didn't make the trip up to Burlington due to wo*k. Watching Pats, listening to Cats.

Shipyard Prelude is the beverage of choice. It's their unofficial Winter brew...tastes like a strong ale...almost an IPA, but not bitter enough. I'm not a huge fan of it, but it'll do.
                            A Decade of Dominance

2001 2003 2004 2007 2008 2011

Comment

Originally posted by IrishWildcat View Post
                              Hi everybody!
                              Hey
                              Live Free or Die!

Comment

Working...
                              X