View Full Version : UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Biddco
12-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Great popcorn here :)

FueledByRamen
12-09-2009, 04:00 PM

Meh, we've covered the basics of deer raping, paint thinner, and the nazi-related history of UND. Nothing special yet.

EDIT: And I've been anonymously neg-repped for an earlier post! Yet another hallmark of the UND faithful.

"get a life, bozo"

Very crafty, this one... little advanced for Dirty, Sloe Gin, or Brianvf, so not really sure who I can thank for that gem.

burd
12-09-2009, 04:20 PM
I'm a little conflicted on this one.

Nodaks are kind of cruel. I was born and raised there and struggled with being ridiculed until we moved away when I was 12. I have kind of a lurching, bumbling walk, a very large overhanging forehead, and small eyes. I speak in grunts much of the time. I drool sometimes. I felt inferior in school, and I'm glad my parents moved here to Wisconsin.

Wisconsin is so much better! I'm considered pretty athletic here and smart. People look up to me. I like Wisconsin.

FueledByRamen
12-09-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm a little conflicted on this one.

Nodaks are kind of cruel. I was born and raised there and struggled with being ridiculed until we moved away when I was 12. I have kind of a lurching, bumbling walk, a very large overhanging forehead, and small eyes. I speak in grunts much of the time. I drool sometimes. I felt inferior in school, and I'm glad my parents moved here to Wisconsin.

Wisconsin is so much better! I'm considered pretty athletic here and smart. People look up to me. I like Wisconsin.

Uh... Mr. Ventura, you held the office of governor in the the state of MINNESOTA. I'm sure your former constituents can spell it for you. In fact, I know they can.

Dirty
12-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Meh, we've covered the basics of deer raping, paint thinner, and the nazi-related history of UND. Nothing special yet.

EDIT: And I've been anonymously neg-repped for an earlier post! Yet another hallmark of the UND faithful.

"get a life, bozo"

Very crafty, this one... little advanced for Dirty, Sloe Gin, or Brianvf, so not really sure who I can thank for that gem.

I'd have used capitalization.

Sioux Sweep

ExileOnDaytonStreet
12-09-2009, 04:48 PM
I'd have used capitalization.

Sioux SweepIt's what seperates you from the trolls.

(I almost typed that with a straight face)

VarsityWisconsin
12-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Oh, so a UND alumni convention is this weekend as well?

They'd have to have mullets or ponytails for this to be true.

MadCityRich
12-09-2009, 05:40 PM

This is better than watching Larry the Cable Guy reruns! :rolleyes:

I'm finally done shoveling, snow throwing, etc the 20" we got on the far east side of Madison, thought I'd look over USCHO, then sit down with hot chocolate and my best friend.....NHL Center Ice.

Instead, I'm sticking by my confuser and enjoying the banter. By my count UND is owning a couple of the Badger posters and they hold an edge.

burd
12-09-2009, 06:29 PM
Some day there will be a series between these two schools that matches the one in Madison in January '01--two sudden-death heartbreakers, both ending on carbon copy goals by the same guy. Great atmosphere. It would be nice to see the Sioux return the favor this week.

sweatpants
12-09-2009, 08:08 PM
By my count UND is owning a couple of the Badger posters and they hold an edge.

Take out VW and its pretty even. Where's siouxinminny to even thngs out?

MinnesotaNorthStar
12-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Take out VW and its pretty even. Where's siouxinminny to even thngs out?It would be even if it weren't for the fact that it's not...

Gurtholfin
12-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Some day there will be a series between these two schools that matches the one in Madison in January '01--two sudden-death heartbreakers, both ending on carbon copy goals by the same guy. Great atmosphere. It would be nice to see the Sioux return the favor this week.

David(?) Hukalo scored those two game winners. Those were two great games where the Sioux outshot us, but we did a better job of scoring.

Shots that don't go in, don't count. ;) :D

burd
12-09-2009, 09:33 PM
David(?) Hukalo scored those two game winners. Those were two great games where the Sioux outshot us, but we did a better job of scoring.

Has to rate up there with the best weekend series I've ever seen, even though the wrong team won twice.
I think even Blais and Sauer knew they were going to see a special weekend when the teams were warming up on Fri night. The crowd was pumped.

FueledByRamen
12-09-2009, 09:44 PM
It would be even if it weren't for the fact that it's not...

You can have your moral posting victories... We'll call it even after we pick up 4 points at the Ralph this weekend.

brianvf
12-09-2009, 10:14 PM

As the Sioux have seen multiple times this year, sometimes shots that do go in, don't count as well. I think the Sioux had a 3 or 4 game streak going with a disallowed goal in each game.

We'll call it even after we pick up 4 points at the Ralph this weekend.

The Gophers and Badgers have definitely switched hockey roles.
Both in their offensive styles and in their level of arrogance. ;) :)

badgerhawk
12-09-2009, 10:31 PM
As the Sioux have seen multiple times this year, sometimes shots that do go in, don't count as well. I think the Sioux had a 3 or 4 game streak going with a disallowed goal in each game.

The Gophers and Badgers have definitely switched hockey roles.
Both in their offensive styles and in their level of arrogance. ;) :)

If they would stop trying to cheat they wouldn't disallow them.

Wait were all of those games against Denver. ;)

brianvf
12-09-2009, 10:37 PM
If they would stop trying to cheat they wouldnt disallow them.

I don't think it's considered cheating if you score a goal well before the whistle blows, but then the ref disallows the goal because he "intended" to blow the whistle earlier. That's just the ref being a doofus. :)

badgerhawk
12-09-2009, 10:51 PM
I don't think it's considered cheating if you score a goal well before the whistle blows, but then the ref disallows the goal because he "intended" to blow the whistle earlier. That's just the ref being a doofus. :)

They should have told the ref they "intended" to score 2 second earlier, then see what the doofus said.

burd
12-09-2009, 11:07 PM
They should have told the ref they "intended" to score 2 second earlier, then see what the doofus said.

That's the point. They intended to tell them they intended to score 2 seconds earlier. They don't have to actually tell them, it's the intent that counts. They were way out ahead of the refs on their own gig, but the refs were too dim to catch on.

Sloe Gin
12-10-2009, 08:04 AM
[QUOTE=Sloe Gin;4509158]every person from Wisconsin is bad and fat. The end.

Slo, Even the uglies in Wisconsin wanted nothing to do with you? Refused your marriage proposals, did they? Cheer up, an ND goose or duck is a better fit for NDers........and men from India.

I dated a girl from Wisconsin. She now weighs over 2 bills and is marrying a guy that weighs over 3 bills. I call them quarter-ton. Proof that Wisconsin people are fat is right there.

And to the FueledbyRamen fatty, I would have neg repped you with something much much worse than that. Bozo really isn't in my dictionary.

Sioux sweep. Dirty takes revenge on Almington