PDA

View Full Version : UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Dirty
12-16-2009, 11:12 PM
You've been registered on these boards for a year now and you are just now figuring this out?:confused:

He's not very bright. Don't you read what I say?

The Rube
12-16-2009, 11:14 PM
We would tell new people they had a call on the extension that sends you over the PA. :D

Nice.

I wish I remembered all the codes from the Target phones. I left them, and not on good terms. Said, "I'm done." and walked out. They were morans. :mad:

Sar'nt
12-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Nice.

I wish I remembered all the codes from the Target phones. I left them, and not on good terms. Said, "I'm done." and walked out. They were morans. :mad:

In the stores where I was, 52 would put you on the PA. Where calls can be parked varies from store to store.

The Rube
12-16-2009, 11:32 PM
In the stores where I was, 52 would put you on the PA. Where calls can be parked varies from store to store.

Weren't there also certain numbers for different situations? Like, if you got on the PA, and said "Joe has a call parked at 88" that meant there was a shoplifter, or something along those lines?

MinnesotaNorthStar
12-16-2009, 11:54 PM
In the stores where I was, 52 would put you on the PA. Where calls can be parked varies from store to store.Must have been a while ago...not that way anymore. Line numbers are the same from store to store.

Weren't there also certain numbers for different situations? Like, if you got on the PA, and said "Joe has a call parked at 88" that meant there was a shoplifter, or something along those lines?
Nope. PA actually rarely used anymore...

zamboni crash-test dummy
12-17-2009, 12:00 AM

Codes may have varied from store to store but the ones I remember from the early 90's were:

"Manager 100" meant all male employees on the floor should casually proceed to the front of the store (a shoplifter was spotted in the store and security would point him/her out once the person passed the registers)

"Manager 300" meant all male employees should run towards and out the front doors to assist the security person (a shoplifter was exiting the building or making a break for it)

Only got to participate in the 300 once. I'm guessing they have long since ended that policy due to liability reasons.

The Rube
12-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Codes may have varied from store to store but the ones I remember from the early 90's were:

"Manager 100" meant all male employees on the floor should casually proceed to the front of the store (a shoplifter was spotted in the store and security would point him/her out once the person passed the registers)

"Manager 300" meant all male employees should run towards and out the front doors to assist the security person (a shoplifter was exiting the building or making a break for it)

Only got to participate in the 300 once. I'm guessing they have long since ended that policy due to liability reasons.

That's what I'm thinking of (worked for them about 1993-94 or so).

MinnesotaNorthStar
12-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Only got to participate in the 300 once. I'm guessing they have long since ended that policy due to liability reasons.Yes, they have....

sweatpants
12-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Nice.

Kind of interesting you are questioning their intelligence by calling them morans, but you misspelled morons.:p

MinnesotaNorthStar
12-17-2009, 12:19 AM
Kind of interesting you are questioning their intelligence by calling them morans, but you misspelled morons.:p
Whooooooosh......

The Rube
12-17-2009, 12:29 AM

Whooooooosh......

What MNS said. Since you are either a UND or WI fan I am assuming, I'll spell it out for you:

http://rickpdx.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/morans.jpg

Stauber1
12-17-2009, 12:52 AM
He's not very bright. Don't you read what I say?

Not typically :D

Sar'nt
12-17-2009, 01:03 AM
Must have been a while ago...not that way anymore. Line numbers are the same from store to store.

It wasn't that long ago. For example, one store parked its calls on 3x. Another used 228x. AFAIK, both still have those systems.

Nope. PA actually rarely used anymore...

During the days, that is...

HoosierBBall_GopherHockey
12-17-2009, 02:59 AM

Seems like this would be the best time to shoplift and exit somewhere OTHER than the main doors? ;)

Slap Shot
12-17-2009, 03:48 AM

:D :D :D

Dirty
12-17-2009, 07:54 AM

You probably should. You'd learn a thing or two, which you obviously need to do.

Goon
12-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Kind of like Sue fans whining about SCSU taking out Genoway? :confused:

That is a stupid comment. :confused:

VarsityWisconsin
12-17-2009, 10:03 AM
You've been registered on these boards for a year now and you are just now figuring this out?:confused:

No, I've figured it out. Just putting it in writing to show the double standard.

Goon
12-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Blood = Finley = Goon

Blood is far from being a goon. :rolleyes:

VarsityWisconsin
12-17-2009, 10:15 AM
Blood is far from being a goon. :rolleyes:

Considering he is 12th in the nation in PIM and is sporting a measly 0.333 PPG average, I'd call that a goon. He might not be as big of a goon that Finley was, though.