• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
    Sue Sweep!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats to UW, they are a good team this year.
      After holding UW to 1 shot during their PP chances last night, the UW PP gets 3 goals tonight and that is the big difference.
      For some reason the Sioux just can't beat UW at the Ralph. Frustrating.

UND Hockey: Genoway, we need you. Heal quickly.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Solid win tonite in a tough environment. Huge set of points in terms of the league race and the PWR.

Bush league fighting after the final whistle tonight by the Sioux. When you get beat and its over...its over. No sense or purpose in scrapping. I can understand fustration, but you air the grievance in the locker room. Thought the Davidson kid acted like a tool, but hell, I can put up with the meanie greenies looking like poor losers. Hextall is a **** goon. That kid had better get himself under control or he's going to just get killed.

UW played good, solid, opportunistic hockey against a **** good UND team in their rink. Liked the pace, liked the way Gudmanson played, and really liked Brendan Smith, who is looking more and more like an All-American out there. Liked Stepan's tenacity, and really liked Golobeuf's poise all weekend with constant Sue pressure.

Difference in the series was neutral zone play. UW simply controlled neutral, controlled breakouts, and controlled the Sioux speed with discipline and tough, physical play. You cross the blue line, you are going to earn it. Not a lot of freewheeling out there. Also thought the UW D and F cleaned up rebounds and played the man, not the puck.

Good work boys. Hate to say it Sioux, but UW owns you guys in your own rink. 6-1-1 of late. See you clowns in March.

Wisconsin Hockey: The BIG Red Machine.
        "When you say WIS-CONSIN, you've said it all."

Comment

A nice weekend by the Badgers! Wow.....HACKstol....what is up with those cheapshot CFB??? Hopefully the WCHA comes down hard on him for that before he hurts someone!

Comment

Originally posted by joeyv View Post
            Bush league fighting after the final whistle tonight by the Sioux.
            I didn't realize that it was just UND out there fighting. The UW angels were no where to be seen? Didn't look that way on my tv.

Originally posted by sinbin5 View Post
            A nice weekend by the Badgers! Wow.....HACKstol....what is up with those cheapshot CFB??? Hopefully the WCHA comes down hard on him for that before he hurts someone!
            They'll come down hard alright. They'll add a couple goals to his stat line and a few PIM.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

I didn't realize UND's head coach was out on the ice tonight? I believe you meant Hextall.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                Congrats to UW, they are a good team this year.
                After holding UW to 1 shot during their PP chances last night, the UW PP gets 3 goals tonight and that is the big difference.
                For some reason the Sioux just can't beat UW at the Ralph. Frustrating.

UND Hockey: Genoway, we need you. Heal quickly.
                UW feels your pain. They have the same problem with Denver at The Kohl Center.
                If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

Wow.....HACKstol....what is up with those cheapshot CFB??? Hopefully the WCHA comes down hard on him for that before he hurts someone!
                  I watched the game and didn't see the last CFB it looked like he was coming in hard on the forecheck but that was it. And I'm a Gopher fan and hate the Sue.
                  Originally posted by CavalryNate
                  Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                    I didn't realize that it was just UND out there fighting. The UW angels were no where to be seen? Didn't look that way on my tv.
                    Yeahhh, Every UW player was trying to get away from the crying suzzies. That Lameroux dude had the gloves dropped and was ready to go.

Wisconsin Hockey: Home of the brave
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

[QUOTE=brianvf;4516364]I didn't realize that it was just UND out there fighting. The UW angels were no where to be seen? Didn't look that way on my tv.

Didn't say UW wasn't involved in the scrums. If you were, in fact, watching, you know **** well who instigated. I was actually waiting for UW's Grotting to cut loose and he really showed great restraint. This is the last UW guy you want to square off with.

The CFB and post game crybaby crap was weak. You know it, and I know it. If UW pulls the same crap, I call them out just the same.

Nevertheless, the bottom line is UW walks out with 3 of 4. I'll take that any day on the road.

Wisconsin Hockey: Not Instigating.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Yeahhh, Every UW player was trying to get away from the crying suzzies. That Lameroux dude had the gloves dropped and was ready to go.
                        They were trying to get away? Is that why 4 of them tried to tackle Mario at center ice?
                        It's pretty cute how you get all bent out of shape over the Home of the Sioux thing.

Originally posted by joeyv View Post
                        Didn't say UW wasn't involved in the scrums. If you were, in fact, watching, you know **** well who instigated.

The CFB and post game crybaby crap was weak. You know it, and I know it.
                        You didn't say that they were though either.
                        I saw who instigated it...Zajac right in front of the UND net. And despite what TimothyA saw with his red glasses, UW was a willing participant after that.
                        Regarding the CFB call though...did anyone beside the ref actually see it? Seriously. Saying it was weak is one thing, but going back over the play on tv, Hextall goes into the corner, a different UND player side checks the UW player (a bit away from the boards), and then they call the penalty. Not sure what went down there...

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

It was a good series. There is nothing cheap or dirty or whatever about what happended at the end of the game. That stuff happens all the time. Just a bit of frustration on the Sioux's part.

I just can't beleive that und is in 6th place! ***. This team is way better than that. We need Genoway back in a big way. I wouldnt expect to see him until after the break though. May as well give him as much rest as possible and bring him back for conference play. He will no doubt have a huge target on his body when he gets back.

Comment

This is a great win because the sue out quality chanced UW and UW won. Goody stole one for UW. Over the last 2 1/2 years a UW goalie hasn't done that too often. And UW overcame that lucky deflection goal the sue got.
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              Goody stole one for UW.
                              He certainly outplayed Eidsness both nights.
                              Brad needs to stay up a bit longer. On both the 2nd and 3rd Badger goals, he went down way to early and they scored top shelf.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Additionally, anyone who isn't buying the DOTA theory wasn't watching.

Did anyone ever see Cody Golobeuf turn the puck over? Or make a breakout pass that didn't hit a UW tape? Or make a poor d zone decision? That kid is just plain old fashioned SOLID.

Brendan Smith was his usualy dangerous self, without the costly d zone mistakes and overplays.

Gardiner was tough, and while he didn't wow you with his end to end speed, he showed he can stand up under pressure and make good decisions.

Justin Schultz, like Golobeuf, was hardly noticeable in terms of goof ups. He controlled play, made good decisions, and was able to play physical while staying discliplned. Remember, the kid is a FROSH.

Ramage also did a nice job. Liked his physical play, and liked the fact that he did not make any glaring errors out there.

McD was nondiscript, but he clearly was the rock when the Sioux put on the pressure.

While DOTA might not be readily apparent, this is the best collective D corps I've seen in many years at UW, and this is my 33rd year of watching UW Hockey.

Wisconsin Hockey: Yeah, DOTA is Real.

Comment

Working...
                                X