Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
    My mom and dad are both from North Dakato and they don't have class.
    When you say "they" don't have any class are you talking about North Dakota or your mom and dad?
    Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
    2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
    2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
    Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
      I still can't believe the Badgers found a way to spend more time a man down during an opponent's 5 minute major than on the power play.
      That was crazy...I think they ended up getting 1:26 or something like that of PP time during that 5min major to Hextall.

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
      Your team sure had a tough time beating them tonight on your home ice, and you're supposed to be the class of the WCHA along with DU.

I didn't say UW sucked or anything like that, so unbunch the undies a bit.
      UND has shown in every year of Hakstol's tenure as head coach that they play much better during the 2nd half. In fact, this is the best UND has played in the 1st half since he took over as head coach (record-wise). Add in the fact that we are still without our best offensive & defensive player and VV was obviously still feeling the effects of his injury from last weekend...and I'll take a tie with a strong UW team in which UND outplayed them for 45 minutes of that game.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

My mom and dad are both from North Dakato and they don't have class. Maybe that is why they choose two Dakato's.....so at least one could have class. Anyway, it's all Dirty's fault!
        Are you, by chance, intoxicated right now?

FWIW, The badgers move ahead of UND in the PWR after the RPI tie breaker.
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Come on Sioux get the skates tied up tight, and come out with a win tonight..
          Fighting Sioux Hockey

Waiting the arrival of the ZANE!!!!!

Superman Wears Evan Trupp pj's to bed!!!

Comment

The reffing was really bad, but what else is new in the wcha? In the last 5 minutes of the 3rd period they let all sorts of stuff go, then they call that one in ot. They could have called a dive there. Smith didn't hit his legs with enough force to trip him, it wasn't even hard enough to call it a slash.

Wisconsin Hockey: Home of the brave
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Wisconsin Hockey: Home of the brave
              I believe you mean homer of the Sioux.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Did't get to see the game, but since when has lack of knowledge prevented any of us from posting here. Seems unusual that UW would let a two-goal lead slip away. They have been such a tight defensive team in the past that you don't expect it to play out that way. But this year looks like a different story for them. They can score with anybody, and their game is a little less controlled, though that must make Eaves just a little uncomfortable, given his rep as a discipline/systems guy. They are among the best in the counry right now, and the Sioux would have to be very happy to get three this weekend. Should be great atmosphere tonight.

BE has been very good for the Sioux, but why does he seem to let in a softie each game? Or does it just seem that way?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  In the last 5 minutes of the 3rd period they let all sorts of stuff go, then they call that one in ot. They could have called a dive there. Smith didn't hit his legs with enough force to trip him, it wasn't even hard enough to call it a slash.brave
                  Yeah, it wasn't a very hard slash. Didn't seem like an intentional slash. Sure wasn't a very smart slash. Can't put my finger on exactly what kind of slash it was.

I see he got called for "slashing", tho. What were the refs thinking?

Comment

Thought UW came out with good tempo and really controlled the play. UND was a little flat, but it had more to do with UW's intensity and execution. Craig Smith is going to be a fantastic college hockey player before he is done at UW. He was the best player on the ice during the first period. The D did a nice job of locking down in the small rink.

UND certainly picked it up in the second. They settled in a bit, got dialed in to the pace of the game and scored a nice pp goal to get themselves back in it. The third period was entertaining hockey with both teams nose to nose, up and down, and Gudmanson was outstanding. He is showing himself to be more than capable of handling the load while Bennett recovers.

I thought the officiating was below average. It cut both ways really, but personally I thought the Sioux were "embellishing" just a bit at times. However, UW had to make adjustments in their physical play and they did not do so. If the referees are calling a tight game, then you've got to be smarter about physical play. I also thought the CFB should have resulted in a dq, but not a huge deal. I'm certainly not going to whine about the officiating and I don't think the officiating had a huge impact on the result quite frankly.

I think UW's going to blow the doors off the Sioux tonight. I liked the way UW got off to a good start and it did not appear the environment rattled or intimidated the club at all. UW's got the clear edge in goal and with some adjustments in the game plan, UW could walk out of Grand Forks with 3 points which is a great result.

One game plan adjustment I'd like to see is getting some sustained pressure by keeping the puck deep. UW's F's are a bit stronger on the puck and I think guys like Street, Grotting, and Mitchell have a distinct advantage down low and in the corners.

UND's got to give kudos to Dell, who came in during a close game and did a very nice job.

The OT penalty call was marginal. That's not the kind of call the officials should be making in OT, but again the penalty kill was solid and the call did not cost UW the game.

Wisconsin Hockey: DOTA For the Saturday Win.
                    "When you say WIS-CONSIN, you've said it all."

Comment

Originally posted by joeyv View Post
                      I think UW's going to blow the doors off the Sioux tonight.
                      Agreed, just like last night.

TOTA 17
                      UND 1

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Badgers will be the toughest team to defeat in the second half of the WCHA. And Dirty's team from South Dakota will be soft and pink in color.
                        says the guy whose team blew a 3 goal lead to SCSU last night.

FWIW, The badgers move ahead of UND in the PWR after the RPI tie breaker. Getting a point was huge tonight. A win tomorrow would be sugar sweet.
                        because that's SO important this time of year.

I like how every Wisconsin fan in the scoring thread last night, sans one, was saying Wisconsin was shooting themselves in the foot with dumb penalties, then I come in here and read how the refs are horrible, they were taking the game away from Wisconsin. UND has had goals taken away this year, whistles not blown when they should have been, bad calls, blah blah blah. Play through it. Christ.
                        Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

UW was only in last night's game because UND was hungover from the Pre-Reading and Review Day party. Once they sobered up, they dominated the Popcorn Weasels. UND wins by at least a baker's dozen tonight.

Sioux Sweep
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                            Can someone with Dish Network tell me what channel FCS is? I found the game on the NHL network tonight, but I don't see it in my guide for tomorrow...
                            For some reason, DISH doesn't have FCS. I've called a couple of times and requested they look at the programming, but apparently not many others have called. They have a bunch of alternate channels, but there's rarely anything on them. WAIT...currently I'm looking at the alternate channels! WOW..some good stuff; Miss St @ UCLA; NM @ Tex A&M, KS St @ UNLV. Something we're all interested in here in the north.
                            "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Sloe Gin View Post
                              says the guy whose team blew a 3 goal lead to SCSU last night.

because that's SO important this time of year.

I like how every Wisconsin fan in the scoring thread last night, sans one, was saying Wisconsin was shooting themselves in the foot with dumb penalties, then I come in here and read how the refs are horrible, they were taking the game away from Wisconsin. UND has had goals taken away this year, whistles not blown when they should have been, bad calls, blah blah blah. Play through it. Christ.
                              Couldn't find that anywhere, c'mon, you're better than that. I see the same or more sue fans complaining...and UW had 5 more penalties.

IMO, college reffing = the pussification of the sport. You touch a guy, and he goes down like he was shot with an M-16 and looks up at the ref, like, "He tripped me!" Because of a few dikkheads checking from behind, or a player turning and "getting" the call, going into the corners is a joke because the players don't know what to do. The refs are too much like college bb where those guys LOVE to be in the spotlight, unlike the NHL where they rarely get in the way of the game.
                              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by joeyv View Post
                                UND's got to give kudos to Dell, who came in during a close game and did a very nice job.
                                In the 3rd period, yes. The Badgers blew this game in the 2nd period. A goalie comes in cold off the bench and they proceed to put 1 shot on him in the next 16 minutes of play. That was pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                                X