Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UW @ UND... The DOTA travels West

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Absolutely terrible first period. How they managed to be only down 2-0 is a minor miracle. The offense sucked, the defense sucked and the goaltending sucked.

Speaking of crappy penalties, let's talk about a penalty that wasn't called. VandeVelde is tripped behind the net, Wisconsin gets the puck, goes down and scores the first goal of the game. Then Blood gets a penalty because a Wisconsin player steps off the bench in front of him when he's going to celebrate his goal.

The refs blew tonight, but what do you expect from Todd Anderson?
    Sue Sweep?
    Wisconsin Badgers
    NCAA Champions 1973 1977 1981 1983 1990 2006

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
      Sue Sweep?
      They swept the last two periods and OT. That's what counts.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Absolutely terrible first period. How they managed to be only down 2-0 is a minor miracle. The offense sucked, the defense sucked and the goaltending sucked.

Speaking of crappy penalties, let's talk about a penalty that wasn't called. VandeVelde is tripped behind the net, Wisconsin gets the puck, goes down and scores the first goal of the game. Then Blood gets a penalty because a Wisconsin player steps off the bench in front of him when he's going to celebrate his goal.

McDonagh's penalty that allowed Kristo to tie it up was the worst call of the game. First of all they barely even touched, my 4 year old daughter would not have gotten knocked down on that hit. Secondly, they called a cross check, yet McDonagh's stick was on the ice.

Either way after the first period the Badgers were coasting out there, reaching for the puck instead of getting in front of the man. Effort was seriously lacking after the first.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky View Post
          Sue Sweep?
          BADger Sweep?
          I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Can someone with Dish Network tell me what channel FCS is? I found the game on the NHL network tonight, but I don't see it in my guide for tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by jk View Post
              Swinging a stick at a guy is checking him? It was a penalty, but I wouldn't call it in OT, not after the stuff they let go in the last 5 minutes of the third.
              I agree, it was slashing but it was far less blatant then some of what those morons let go at other times in the game.

Dirty: The only think I expect from Todd Anderson is that he someone will manage to suck more each and every time I see him officiate.

Comment

How bout this novel idea for the Sioux Dman. On a 2 on 1, either A. Take out the guy with the puck and let the goalie deal with the wingman on the pass or B. Block the pass and let the goalie deal with the shooter. Do not however, do option C, which consists of doing a half *ss effort at both A and B, leading to a goal every time. How many times is it gonna take before they realize how ineffective that is?
                I'll take Shep anyday instead of the usual clowns.

Brian Thul= Best WCHA Ref. Ever.

Never Forget: 04/10/08
                The Disaster in Denver

Comment

Badgers will be the toughest team to defeat in the second half of the WCHA. And Dirty's team from South Dakota will be soft and pink in color.
                  Last edited by CCtig; 12-12-2009, 12:06 AM.
                  World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

I didn't get a chance to watch the game because I was playing hockey tonight with some buddies, but I'll take the result. It was the 2nd time the Badgers were outshot all season, but Gudmanson came through with 27 saves. I've been saying this for weeks now, but I'll say it again: Gudmanson is flat out a better goalie than Bennett.
                    Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                      Badgers will be the toughest team to defeat in the second half of the WCHA.
                      That's a quality random statement based entirely on opinion.
                      Nice job CCtig!
                      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

C'mon Dirty. Todd Anderson hardly screwed your team tonight. His team just wasn't very good. I wasn't always thrilled from a Badgers standpoint, but they didn't move their feet enough to complain about calls. I still can't believe the Badgers found a way to spend more time a man down during an opponent's 5 minute major than on the power play.

I was very happy with UW's first period tonight. I'm guessing they were as well because they spent the next 45 minutes standing around and admiring it. It sounds funny to say when you blow a 2 goal lead, but they should feel pretty fortunate to get a point.
                        Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
                        2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
                        2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
                        Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                          That's a quality random statement based entirely on opinion.
                          Nice job CCtig!
                          It's not like he's shooting the moon by saying that. Your team sure had a tough time beating them tonight on your home ice, and you're supposed to be the class of the WCHA along with DU.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                            It's not like he's shooting the moon by saying that. Your team sure had a tough time beating them tonight on your home ice, and you're supposed to be the class of the WCHA along with DU.
                            My mom and dad are both from North Dakato and they don't have class. Maybe that is why they choose two Dakato's.....so at least one could have class. Anyway, it's all Dirty's fault!
                            Last edited by CCtig; 12-12-2009, 12:12 AM.
                            World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                              Yeah and your team is suppose to have the Defense of the Ages. Unimpressed, considering your team is known for shutting teams down after building a one or two goal lead.

Fraud!

Comment

FWIW, The badgers move ahead of UND in the PWR after the RPI tie breaker. Getting a point was huge tonight. A win tomorrow would be sugar sweet.

Comment

Working...
                                X