X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown - Oops! They did it again.

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
    A timely term.

We can term this thread the "Ground Hog" energizer bunny. Keeps coming back out of the hole time and time again.
    But it seems like we are playing "Whack-a-mole" here. Rodents are rodents, I guess.

Comment

A timely term.

We can term this thread the "Ground Hog" energizer bunny. Keeps coming back out of the hole time and time again.
      Originally posted by notfromaroundhere View Post
      But it seems like we are playing "Whack-a-mole" here. Rodents are rodents, I guess.
      Interesting....because all along I kept thinking, Brown has a rat in its midst!
      Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by gotice View Post
        Well what do you know, it is Ground Hog day as of an hour and a half ago (ET)
        :

Comment

Originally posted by gotice View Post
          Well what do you know, it is Ground Hog day as of an hour and a half ago (ET)
          And did a freshman appear from the locker room to the apex of the mound of Brown to see her shadow?
          Last edited by videohockey; 02-02-2010, 02:43 PM.
          "Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese." - Joon

Comment

I hope not!!! Wouldn't that mean six more weeks of losses?
            Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
              Well six more weeks would also mean making the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                Well, actually there are only six league games remaining - If they won all of their 6 games and Yale lost all 6 they would lose head to head to Yale even if Dartmouth and Colgate lost all their games too.

ECAC Standings
                Team ECAC Record Points Possible points(6 games remaining)
                Clarkson 13-2-1 27 --39
                Cornell 9-2-5 23 --35
                Harvard 9-5-2 20 --32
                Princeton 8-4-4 20 --32
                Rensselaer 8-4-4 20 --32
                St. Lawrence 8-5-3 19--31
                Quinnipiac 7-4-5 19 --31
                Yale 7-8-1 15 --27
                Colgate 4-8-4 12 --24
                Dartmouth 5-10-1 11 --23
                -----eliminated from finishing above 8--
                Brown 0-13-3 3 --15
                Union 1-14-1 3 --15

Of course Brown could be a big time spoiler for home ice and rankings - so they still may have some influence in the standings
                Last edited by sheba; 02-02-2010, 10:21 PM. Reason: updated

Comment

Cookie79. I'll present the key parts of previous posts in chronological order for your clarity.....

You see, people that read the whole post get it, and don't spout off before checking out the reference first. In College they call that research. In the real world they call that paying attention. In Hockey they call that respect.

IMHO your problem is that you take everything too literrally and draw your conclusion without understanding the complete message, or the background of a reference made. Your rash responses to some postings are an indication of this.

Either way, I'll stand up for the integrity of Trillium. We both have daughters already in college playing hockey,with more to come. We both have connections with some of the players at Brown. We both have been involved for many years at the minor hockey level as volunteers.

I have never met you or your daughter, so wish you both well, but your constant and repeated sniping and calling out of the coaching staff after every weekend, is to put it mildly getting very tiresome. You fail to understand that your constant undermining is actually hurting the recruitment of new talent to the school.

I wish the Brown team, INCLUDING THE COACHES, all the best for the rest of the season. May the bounces go their way next weekend.
                  Do you really think I didn't get it? hahahahahahahahahha

Comment

Originally posted by ccookie79 View Post
                    Based on the evidence.... clearly not...

Comment

• Re: Brown - Oops! They did it again.

Lets look at some of the recent positives:
                      - a good recruiting class coming in
                      - a lot of the younger players getting ice time.
                      .... Those two facts should bode well for the future.

[/I]
                      Well, since so many kids quit or get cut they're always a young team, that's not really a positive.

Comment

The only real positive is that Brown is trying to make huge budget cuts anywhere and everywhere. Since the athletic director won’t fire the coaches, maybe the Dean will notice paying both a head coach and an assistant coach a salary large enough to support their families is a huge waste of money. Especially when the team would likely have a better record with no coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by hcky85 View Post
                          Well, since so many kids quit or get cut they're always a young team, that's not really a positive.
                          Yeah, I'm not exactly sure why some posters have made it their will to defend Brown. obliviously something needs to change. Some of the Brown posters have been less than positive about things, but the situation itself is rather less than positive. Not sure why people are going defend Dig to this extent. Your time has passed, nothing to be embarrassed about. Overhaul the whole program and move on.

Nothing ****es me off more than a program thats half assed supported by the school. I hope the athletic department at Brown is rather embarrassed by this......so embarrassed that they decide to do something. Get with it Brown.

Perhaps I'll send them an email and tell them how I really feel.
                          (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Latest Reputation Received
                            Date Comment
                            02-02-2010 10:24 PM Yet another mindless comment from a loser.

I don't know how old you are but hopefully 12. Anonymous name calling, really? I'm glad you can handle an argument so maturely.

Comment

Originally posted by hcky85 View Post
                              The only real positive is that Brown is trying to make huge budget cuts anywhere and everywhere. Since the athletic director won’t fire the coaches, maybe the Dean will notice paying both a head coach and an assistant coach a salary large enough to support their families is a huge waste of money. Especially when the team would likely have a better record with no coaches.
                              So you happen to know the salary of both coaches ?. Everyone knows generally how much head coaches are paid in D1 womens hockey. Not sure if the assistants at Brown make all that much money.

Based on comments I've heard in the past from various sources, many Brown assistants go elsewhere for more money. As a matter of fact the College coaching ranks are littered with people that either played at Brown, or got their start in coaching at Brown.
                              Last edited by OnMAA; 02-02-2010, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ccookie79 View Post
                                If that is the case than your suggestive racist remarks in a prior post towards another poster are even more vindictive. Appalling really !.

Comment

Working...
                                X