One of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxHE876o3ME

Comment

Re: Brown - Oops! They did it again.

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
      Classic Dude....

Comment

Tough loss to St Lawrence 3-2. Will say that the Brown played thier hearts out today. Good luck tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Brown Parent View Post
          Tough loss to St Lawrence 3-2. Will say that the Brown played thier hearts out today. Good luck tomorrow!
          Now there's a breath of fresh air.

I'm with you...Go Bruno!

Comment

Now here is a quote from another thread that is quite appropriate for this one:

Originally posted by fanfirst View Post
            Teams work together to achieve success . . . individuals have opinions.
            Should give everyone some serious soul searching food for thought.!!

Comment

I read to you for one year because I have a girl who will play academic next year and try to improve my English . I begin to recognize the characters. This intelligent comment does not surprise me.

In passing, thanks to all those who feed this forum it doesn't much matter the opinions.
              Now here is a quote from another thread that is quite appropriate for this one:

Should give everyone some serious soul searching food for thought.!!
              Welcome back Cookie79. NOT!. Just like I do on the Ontario Forum, I'll call out anyone spewing false info or dirt on players or coaches.

You say "If my sources are correct, Brown lost another player this weekend"
              Response..You fail to mention the reason is an injury.

You Say "I don't have a clue who Bruno is "
              Response..."Bruno" is the nickname used for any Brown Varsity team.

You say " It's hard to concentrate on hockey, though, when everyone's got one skate out the door"
              Response...Why don't you walk out that door. It cannot open from the outside.

Seriously...My two D's have played with several of those players already on that team, and they also played with two of the recruits coming in. These kids deserve support and team work from the whole team and their families.

One of my own D's who plays college hockey had a rough weekend with her team last weekend, resulting in two embarrassing losses. Some parents in the stands were questioning the coach while the second game was underway. My own Daughter was not happy with her performance on the Saturday game , was a bench warmer for a while and came to me for help after that game. She was pretty much PO'd and then some. So what did I do....

Certainly did NOT go on the forum and complain and chastise...NO....I told my own daughter that if I was a coach, I would have benched her as well. Gave her some examples of the mistakes she had made, and she came to understand she had an off game. Told her that if she was unhappy about it, it was up to HER to talk to the coach. Encouraged her to forget about what happened, come back the next day and focus on working hard to win the next game. While the team did lose the next day, she played a much better game and saw more ice time, including in the OT. The assistant coach commended her on a good game, and I echoed those sentiments. This is what you call a combination of supporting both the team and your daughter.

When some of the parents who were complaining asked me what I would do, gave them my views and told them to support the team and their daughters. Last thing the team needed was parents adding to the problems, or having a bunch of arm chair quarterbacks in the stands.

You see cookie, as a former coach and national caliber athlete myself, have a good understanding that it takes time, patience, team work and hard work towards a common goal to be successful. Brown does not have the most talented team, everyone here knows that. At this point their goals might very well be to win the next game, or the next period or whatever. It takes a lot of hard work, and a lot of ups and downs to build a team.

Brown will get better down the road, I have no doubt about that. They have been recruiting hard this year (I've seen them at various tournaments this year), and at least two of their recruits are prime time national caliber players (Not all of them have been announced yet). So better days are ahead.

In the mean time help the team succeed while the season is in progress, support your daughter with whatever she needs, and keep your negative thoughts to yourself.

OnMAA

Comment

Looks like Brown got off 28 shots against a really good team today...anybody with any positive comments see the game?

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                  What?
                  Ask your daughter to explain. You will LOL. I did when I read RStarr's post!

Comment

Well, sad to say, but Brown lost again today and it is clear that those girls played their hearts out. There is definitely talent on that team but the players are only as good as how they're coached. Let's face it, there isn't a college or professional team in the country who would retain a coach whose record looks like Brown's. It appears that the girls need other coaches who can take the team in a new direction. There will be those of you who feel compelled to criticize my observations, but in law, this is called "res ipsa loquitor", the "thing speaks for itself".

Comment

You are dead on, BlackWidow! I watched today's game. If it weren't for the determination exhibited by the remains of this skeleton team and Katie Jamieson in net, I'd say Brown women's hockey is facing extinction. I don't care about all you PC posters here who are going to bash me (PC = Pro Coach) the truth is self-evident. If Digit and Coady survive another year, then the school is making a clear statement that it has no intention of salvaging Women's Hockey at Brown. Go ahead; Paint me Red - I love RED. Seriously, someone's gotta make some sense outta this Brown season. If it was intended as the coaches' swan song, then let this be it. It's time to move on.

Comment

It's good to see that there's finally able to be some conversation regarding this topic rather than just the posters getting bashed for having a different opinion. During the latest 2 games, the girls were showing the weight of this season's decline in their play. I was hoping they'd pull out Saturday's game in the overtime just for the morale boost it would give them, but it was not to be. I hope this was a learning season for all of them, but mostly for Brown's administration and coaches who seemed to think that these girls in hockey uniforms aren't real people. They trashed a bunch of good players and the season's dismal ending in the standings is pure kismet; a reflection of the coaches inability to match the athletic performances of all the other teams in the league. They (Digit and Coady) didn't know when they had it so good.

Comment

Irish Birdie swooping in from the 49th, looking for a cookie at 79 degrees but finding a black widow instead.

BTW...PC stands for Politically Correct

Seriously, we have made our points in the past. No need to rehash them.

I will agree on this. A long losing season is hard on everyone, whether it be coaches, players or fans. Been there done that myself.

Clearly this most likely the worst season Brown Womens hockey has seen since it's infancy (not familiar with the early days). So it can only improve from here. Will it lead to coaching changes ?. Not sure, but from what I've heard and seen, doubtful in the short term.

Lets look at some of the recent positives:
                          - a good recruiting class coming in
                          - a lot of the younger players getting ice time.
                          .... Those two facts should bode well for the future.
                          - They have been in every game after the break, more shots on net, and no blowout losses. This is a sign of a team with some heart, grit and fortitude.

I hope for the players and fans that they can come up with at least one win over the next few weeks. It would mean a lot to the team I'm sure.

One Executive for our firm once said after being internally asked if leadership required change:
                          - "Be careful what you wish for, New Blood may mean yours is longer required."
                          Last edited by OnMAA; 02-01-2010, 03:49 PM.

Comment

One Executive for our firm once said after being internally asked if leadership required change:
                            - "Be careful what you wish for, New Blood may mean yours is longer required."
                            Isn't that the gospel truth. Seen it firsthand many times in the corporate world--new management more often than not means cleaning house to signal times are changing.... and not just of those you would have expected to go.

Generally also seems to have been the case in other hockey programs too: new head coaches=major turnover in rosters and big recruiting classes the following year.

I suspect the Black Irish Cookie band members don't think about or care how it would ultimately affect the current roster. Likely their daughters no longer play anyway so they have nothing more to lose personally. Apparently the satisfaction of helping get rid of the coaches means far more to them than the repercussions that change would no doubt have on their former teammates' continued playing prospects. Each to his own.

Losing isn't fun. It would certainly be nice to see the team's efforts under adversity to be rewarded with some points in upcoming games. Good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

Clearly this most likely the worst season Brown Womens hockey has seen since it's infancy (not familiar with the early days).
                              Brown's record through its history.
                              "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                              And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                                Brown's record through its history.
                                They were Winless in 67-68, and had no coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X