X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown - Oops! They did it again.

Originally posted by Redhouse View Post
    I may have missed something here, but I don't think that she is talking about two players, but the eight or nine who were on last year's roster who were eligible to return but are not on this year's roster.
    I've been trying to track down the quotes, but here is one where cookie talks about the players she is referring to:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...70#post4607870

I don't think it is all 8, but a couple of them who she refers to in this quote.

Point here is that she is carrying on like a 2-year-old over players she thought her daughter would be playing with. She's out here to whine until they are back on the team or she exacts revenge on Digit's employment status. That train left the station a long time ago.

And quite frankly, as she has been very quiet about adressing my doubts about it, I wonder if actually she is one of those players. It makes more sense than an overly bitter hockey parent who obsesses on the recruiting sale that wasn't as advertised when it came down to tryouts.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around this bizzare behavior that is uncalled for (parent of player trying to down coach or ex-player pretending to be parent).

Comment

Originally posted by hcky85 View Post
      I’m not certain, as we all know the only thing worse than my grammar is my reading comprehension, but I think the last message I received went something like, Oh hcky85, I love your cynicism and your most knowledgeable quotes. Please keep them coming so I can continue to do some more soul searching on this journey of self-enlightenment that you have lead me down.

There was no name, but I'm guessing this came from you notfromaroundhere. So here's some more food for thought.

"Many a man's reputation would not know his character if they met on the street."

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."

"Be nice to people on your way up because you meet them on your way down."
      Can't say that I left you that long-winded CP, but it probably fits.

As to your food for thought, you might try something else besides Chinese for wisdom, because these sound like they came from fortune cookies.

Comment

Originally posted by notfromaroundhere View Post
        I've been trying to track down the quotes, but here is one where cookie talks about the players she is referring to:

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...70#post4607870

I don't think it is all 8, but a couple of them who she refers to in this quote.

Point here is that she is carrying on like a 2-year-old over players she thought her daughter would be playing with. She's out here to whine until they are back on the team or she exacts revenge on Digit's employment status. That train left the station a long time ago.

And quite frankly, as she has been very quiet about adressing my doubts about it, I wonder if actually she is one of those players. It makes more sense than an overly bitter hockey parent who obsesses on the recruiting sale that wasn't as advertised when it came down to tryouts.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around this bizzare behavior that is uncalled for (parent of player trying to down coach or ex-player pretending to be parent).
        Player

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
          That's easy. Whoopie Pies.

What do I win?

We've got us a winner!!!

I was going to give away a COOKIE, but that is the booby prize.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
            My Daughter gets more playing time for being aggressive on the puck, heavy on the forechek/backchek, getting apples and geno's, buying into the coaching staff's program and above all ...being a team player.

Oh and it wouldn't hurt to mention she doesn't have a parent/posse trying to get the coach fired through a public forum....I'm pretty sure that helps...

and it's X,,,it's exposed.
            The old fashioned way. I like it.

BTW, check your CP if you could.

Comment

[QUOTE=notfromaroundhere;4630212]I've got nothing to cover up

So why are you so angry???? Notice you were gone for 3 hours earlier...
              Couldn't wait to get back to defend yourself.....How was practice???

Comment

Originally posted by fan007 View Post

So why are you so angry???? Notice you were gone for 3 hours earlier...
                Couldn't wait to get back to defend yourself.....How was practice???
                You sir, must have a mental deficiency.

I have no idea how any practice was. You must still be under the delusion that I am Digit. Let me get this straight... I sign up 4 years ago for this forum, participate in varied forums about college and prep hockey, clearly identify that I have a daughter in prep hockey (Digit's kids are not in prep hockey), and somehow you think that I set this up as a trap to spy on members posting on the Brown team?

Uh, huh.

Somebody get that long sleve white coat - the one with the straps attached at the end of the sleves. Fan007 needs to be sent home in his normal attire.

Comment

Tune in today for the next edition of "Jersey Shore - Ivy Style"!

Sponsored by.......

UPS - What can "Brown" do for you?

Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                    Tune in today for the next edition of "Jersey Shore - Ivy Style"!

Sponsored by.......

UPS - What can "Brown" do for you?

THIS
                    GOT ICE? PLAY HOCKEY

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world," Calvin.

“If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” Thomas Jefferson.

Comment

You sir, must have a mental deficiency.

I have no idea how any practice was. You must still be under the delusion that I am Digit. Let me get this straight... I sign up 4 years ago for this forum, participate in varied forums about college and prep hockey, clearly identify that I have a daughter in prep hockey (Digit's kids are not in prep hockey), and somehow you think that I set this up as a trap to spy on members posting on the Brown team?

Uh, huh.

Somebody get that long sleve white coat - the one with the straps attached at the end of the sleves. Fan007 needs to be sent home in his normal attire.
                      What's the matter, Dig? A little upset when someone calls you a fraud? What goes around comes around, eh!

Enjoying Vancouver, watching a "family member" skate for the US team. Talk to you all soon....

Comment

Originally posted by Redhouse View Post
                        I may have missed something here, but I don't think that she is talking about two players, but the eight or nine who were on last year's roster who were eligible to return but are not on this year's roster.
                        You are absolutely, Redhouse! I would like to see ALL discarded players returned to the team. Unfortunately, for those of them who were seniors, that is obviously not a possibility. Just sad, really!

Comment

I think you are giving the cookies of the world their soap box by buying into this scam. Cookie wants attention and sympathy (and back on the team or at least revenge) as her stated goal was the reinstatement of the 2 players dismissed from the team. How many parents would risk their own daughter's reputation over 2 players her daughter hadn't even skated with? I'm not buying it and you shouldn't either.
                          I'm not sure if wanting good players that got cut from the team to be reinstated falls under the category of revenge. Especially when almost every player or parent would be happy to see this happen too.

Comment

Originally posted by ccookie79 View Post
                            What's the matter, Dig? A little upset when someone calls you a fraud? What goes around comes around, eh!

Enjoying Vancouver, watching a "family member" skate for the US team. Talk to you all soon....
                            Not upset at all. When nutcases like yourself make irrational statements like calling me Digit, it only goes to show how whacked you truly are. Shows the complete mental meltdown going on with you.

And I'd bet an "family member" on the US team would be embarrassed to know your behavior here and would disown you in a minute. In fact, your claiming a "family member" on the US team is an embarassment for all of us who support the team and don't engage in unethical behavior on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by hcky85 View Post
                              I'm not sure if wanting good players that got cut from the team to be reinstated falls under the category of revenge. Especially when almost every player or parent would be happy to see this happen too.
                              Especially the players on the current roster who wouldn't be playing if they reinstated the former players. Yeah. I can see lines of players saying "Let me give up my roster spot so this other player who got here first can play out her string of games." I'm sure if they felt that way, they'd be turning in their resignations to make way for the former players.

All of you have got to grow up and get on with life. Brown's womens team is not house league. Everyone knows going there that you play if the coach thinks you are contributing in the right way to the team. That encompasses not just skill on the ice, but having the proper attitude and disposition on and off ice. It is what builds a successful team. Every year, players are cut from teams. It is never a happy event. Those who remain must re-dedicate their efforts to those they play with.

Comment

Especially the players on the current roster who wouldn't be playing if they reinstated the former players. Yeah. I can see lines of players saying "Let me give up my roster spot so this other player who got here first can play out her string of games." I'm sure if they felt that way, they'd be turning in their resignations to make way for the former players.
                                Again, not sure where it is you interpreted players wanting to give their spots to previous players. But anyways, it's only the coach who feels threatened by the players cut not the players on the team. If the team's rebuilding like you claim, people are going to be losing spots no matter what. I bet anyone on that team would rather have a player they respect take their spot than some new incoming freshman who hasn't proved themself yet.

All of you have got to grow up and get on with life. Brown's womens team is not house league. Everyone knows going there that you play if the coach thinks you are contributing in the right way to the team. That encompasses not just skill on the ice, but having the proper attitude and disposition on and off ice. It is what builds a successful team. Every year, players are cut from teams. It is never a happy event. Those who remain must re-dedicate their efforts to those they play with.
                                It's even less happy of an event when the coaches make decisions that don't necesarily represent the one a team would of made.

Comment

Working...
                                X