X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Brown - Oops! They did it again.

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
    This is a tough league, somebody has to lose, and it looks like fate found some of the right people.
    Yes, someone has to lose. But every game though?

Comment

Originally posted by hcky85 View Post
      Yes, someone has to lose. But every game though?
      I can feel for you, losing all the time. Not fun. The brass though will not tolerate any sort of bashing, and will certainly not pay any attention to it if they are professional. I am sure of one thing, the brass will also think you have no idea what you are doing because there is no way you could have all the inside knowledge that they have. It is best to shut up, support, and wait patiently no matter how long it takes. Set an example.

If she goes, it is not because of you and the others.

Comment

Originally posted by CanHockGuy View Post
        I can feel for you, losing all the time. Not fun. The brass though will not tolerate any sort of bashing, and will certainly not pay any attention to it if they are professional. I am sure of one thing, the brass will also think you have no idea what you are doing because there is no way you could have all the inside knowledge that they have. It is best to shut up, support, and wait patiently no matter how long it takes. Set an example.

If she goes, it is not because of you and the others.

I’ll first start off by saying in no way does Digit being fired affect me. My college hockey days are far past gone but that doesn’t prevent me from feeling bad for this group of girls. There are a lot of details that I do know about and I’m sure there are some that I don’t know. But unfortunately for you guys I don’t think it’s fair for everyone to just ignore that there is a problem that needs to be addressed. Digit showed that she rather be at a scholarship school or even coach the men’s team above her own. And that alone is tuff for a team to just get over. But she literally let the program fall so much that this season is the worst one they’ve ever had in the history of the program.
        But still the list keeps going. They had to watch her cut valuable players just so she could prove a point. And she did, she makes decisions more for herself than for her team. They had to watch her hire an assistant coach whose motives for being at brown weren’t even hockey related. They had to listen to her preach good values when she’s actually the only one who lacks them. I know people think only negative things can come from posting this on a forum. But only negative things can come from pretending a problem doesn’t exist for what… another 20+ years?

Comment

If your reading comprehension was anywhere near your grammar critiquing skills you might actually realize that the situation with Brown is not anything like the situation with the Edmonton Oilers. I understand you think we’re being obnoxious fans who are sticking our noses places where they don’t belong, but have you ever had the slightest belief that maybe something is actually wrong with the program?

Try to grasp the idea that this is college hockey and it’s over in four years. There’s no NHL for women, so after college it’s off to making a living. If you’re expecting people to wait another year and another before calling for Digit’s head, at least realize your just taking another year and another from a group of kids who deserve to be given some chance of success on the ice during their time at Brown. The graduating class this year hasn’t experienced one winning season in all their four years here. And now ending the season without a league win I’m suppose to believe she’s already turning the team around. I don’t buy it.

So if you’re not even somewhat informed about the situation at Brown, then I suggest you keep your opinions and cunning little comments to yourself. You might be Mr. Know It All when it comes to grammar, but on this topic your more like Mr. Doesn’t Know Sh…
          What I will do is advise you that I know more than you give me credit for.

What I won't do is take any direction from the likes of you with respect to what I write on these boards.

Anyway.... I like succinct. Some people don't have to write an entire novel to get there point across...

In fact I'll leave you with one more as I fade to black on you...

I'm thinkin you were probably a 4th liner.

C ya!

Comment

And if you can’t grasp the concept of people using different terminology who live in different places, then you should probably get your head out of wherever it’s stuck right now.
            I stand corrected...I now understand locker room is a commonly used term for dressing room in the U.S.A.

I regret my error and trust this will suffice as a retraction.

I'm sorry for any mental anguish this misunderstanding may have caused you.

Fiver

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post

I'm thinkin you were probably a 4th liner.

C ya!
              Low blow, eh?

But, 4th line… I wish! What made you think I was even that good?

Comment

Low blow, eh?

But, 4th line… I wish! What made you think I was even that good?
                Dunno..I guess you just remind me of a disgruntled 4th liner that isn't getting any playing time and so you want the coaches fired. I'm probably way off....

Comment

Dunno..I guess you just remind me of a disgruntled 4th liner that isn't getting any playing time and so you want the coaches fired. I'm probably way off....
                  You were way off a long time ago. Hcky85 has been right on the money. You are so blinded by the coach's power that you forget what a coach is there for. The players, remember? I'd bet hcky85, with her knowledge of the game, her intensity - as displayed here - and her commitment to the team - would serve any team well on first line. The problem with you, 5 4 fighting, is that's the best argument you can advance when you're losing: Oh, you must be a disgruntled 4th liner. Somehow, I didn't expect any better of you.

Comment

5 4 fighting, you are good.
                    Guilty as charged again. You really do know far more than what I gave you credit for.

Comment

• Re: ...I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
                      awwww, touching.

not. if you cant take the heat, get out tha kitchen yo.
                      My eyes are rolling too. There is a lot of talent on the team and - a lot more that's been booted. Too bad if someone has to read about this online, be it team member, coach or spectator. It's no different than any critique that a newspaper article puts out and little miss star player obviously can't do it alone - just because she's coached by 5 4 fighting. PLEASE!

Comment

5 4 fighting, you are good.
                        Guilty as charged again. You really do know far more than what I gave you credit for.
                        Geez..umm, Thanks I guess. Could you mention that to Cookie for me? It would really mean a lot!

Comment

Geez..umm, Thanks I guess. Could you mention that to Cookie for me? It would really mean a lot!
                          I think she is literate.

Comment

Originally posted by notfromaroundhere View Post
                            Care to tell us which one of us is Digit?
                            Ya, I'm Digit - or am I Coady? I forget! I've been reading these pages and I can't believe you people still don't get it. The coaching on that team is pathetic. Now, I said "coaching", not "coaches", so back off. I'm giving my critique:
                            Okay, so flashback to last Monday. In preparation for the weekend's games with Harvard and Dartmouth. What did I do? I gave the team the day offi on Monday. And I did it again on Tuesday. Then guess what I did? I took them to practice on the pond. That'll really toughen these girls up, I thought. Thank God Coady didn't fall in. I mean, thank God I didn't fall in.

Are you kidding me? Effective Coaching?

Comment

I think she is literate.
                              Well I....ahhh never mind.

Comment

She might even have a leg up on you if she can catch sarcasm too.

On a more serious note, I would maybe think about not posting anything else on this forum if you could get me 3 free Tim Hortons for life cards.

Comment

Working...
                                X