• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union @ RPI, Wednesday 12/9/09

This one actually counts.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Union @ RPI, Wednesday 12/9/09

Not waiting for the corpse to cool off?
    Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by realet View Post
      Not waiting for the corpse to cool off?
      Do I ever?

Was the game that bad? (I missed it.)
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Do I ever?

Was the game that bad? (I missed it.)
        In that case, enjoy Without A Peer's game recap.
        Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

In that case, enjoy Without A Peer's game recap.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

He must have lost an important case against someone in Troy, so he takes it out on RPI every chance he can get. He should be fired
            Last edited by Go Puckman; 12-07-2009, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Somehow it seems appropriate to find out that a ref is also a lawyer.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Go Puckman View Post
                He must have lost an important case against someone in Troy, so he takes it out on RPI every chance he can get. He shouldn't be banned!
                He has actually been better lately than he was years ago. I felt he made some bad decisions yesterday but that he did not cost us the game. We just played badly enough at times to deserve to lose. We gave away the first period completely and the early part of the third. We could not deal with the Colgate forecheck for extended periods of time. We made some big time defensive mistakes and we did not get great goaltending. (On the bright side though we do have a very decent power play this year)
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

He didn't have to make all the bad calls, his line refs helped out plenty.

Comment

The first period was very sluggish, it looked like they had no game plan. I thought we looked ok in the second. Mabey it's time to rotate Meriam in some of these game for some goalie competition.

Comment

Interesting to note that the thread for this Wednesday's RPI-Union game, up to this point, contains 10 posts, 9 of which are exclusively devoted to last Saturday's RPI-Colgate game.

Anyway, the first two games between the Engineers and the Dutchmen went to overtime. No reason to think that this one will be any less closely contested. (And now that I've made that bold prediction, the final score will probably be something like 8-1. )

By the way, I note that the RPIathletics website indicates that Wednesday's game will be USMC night. The Sacred Heart game was also billed as USMC night, while the Army game was listed as Military Appreciation Night sponsored by the USMC.

Does the U.S. Marine Corps really get involved with RPI hockey to the extent of sponsoring as many as three games a year, or does USMC stand for something else in this instance?

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                        Interesting to note that the thread for this Wednesday's RPI-Union game, up to this point, contains 10 posts, 9 of which are exclusively devoted to last Saturday's RPI-Colgate game.
                        An astute observation...and pretty accurate. This is how most the weekly game threads run. RPI outman's U with the number of posters by something like a 7:1 or 10:1 ratio, so it's never surprising to see them dominate a thread. I must say that straying from the subject matter does not fit their MO as they always have 3-5 active threads running dedicated to various topics. They're good about that...this is just a transition.

Yes, it's been tough match ups this year, but this one has a different feel about it. U comes in flying high, coming off a 3 point weekend against what was considered one of the best traveling pairs this year and RPI has to pull themselves back up after being swept on a weekend where they had thought they would walk away with at least 2 points. One team up, one down going in...it doesn't matter. It's ECAC hockey and the cross town rivalry (yes, it's a rivalry even if it's not Clarkson) so all bets are off on the game.

This one could determine the true bragging rights for the Capitol teams. A win by U and they will know that they "own" RPI. If the game ends up the other way and RPI has reasserted itself after a low point. It's an up and down season for all teams and we all get to ride the wave.

Looking forward to the game.

GooooooU

Comment

Originally posted by OsecnUC View Post
                          This one could determine the true bragging rights for the Capitol teams. A win by U and they will know that they "own" RPI. If the game ends up the other way and RPI has reasserted itself after a low point. It's an up and down season for all teams and we all get to ride the wave.
                          Will never understand the Union obsession with "Capital District bragging rights." You know who has "Capital District bragging rights?" Siena basketball. Enough already.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

Anyway, the first two games between the Engineers and the Dutchmen went to overtime. No reason to think that this one will be any less closely contested. (And now that I've made that bold prediction, the final score will probably be something like 8-1. )

By the way, I note that the RPIathletics website indicates that Wednesday's game will be USMC night. The Sacred Heart game was also billed as USMC night, while the Army game was listed as Military Appreciation Night sponsored by the USMC.

Does the U.S. Marine Corps really get involved with RPI hockey to the extent of sponsoring as many as three games a year, or does USMC stand for something else in this instance?
                            I do not know if there are any other special implications (there are some posters on here who could probably speak on that), but I am pretty sure that it means, at the very least, a color guard will be presenting flags during the playing of the anthems. That is at least what has happened during the previous USMC nights.

Comment

Will never understand the Union obsession with "Capital District bragging rights." You know who has "Capital District bragging rights?" Siena basketball. Enough already.
                              It's just terminology wrt the subject (college hockey). And I don't think it's "obsession"...it's a mere fact that many of Union fans are happy that Union is finally winning more games against RPI recently than otherwise.
                              Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X