Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plattsburgh vs. Potsdam

Hi,

Primelink is streaming the Plattsburgh State vs. Potsdam game tonight. Please check it out at www.Primelink1.com

You will find find it a MUCH superior product than the last attempt (Plattsburgh vs. Oswego) to stream a game from the Ronald B. Stafford arena. :-)

My name is Frank Koniszewski and I am the Primelink engineer ultimately responsible for the quality of the streaming video product.

The feedback I have received so far for the 2009 Primelink ShootOut has been positive across the board EXCEPT for the last game. The video freezing and being jittery was solely my failure for not allocating enough bandwidth. I had not expected nor believed we would increase the number of concurrent connections over last years ShootOut by 100%.

I do apologize for the fact that the most important part of the tournament, The "ShootOut" itself, had the worst broadcast quality. The bandwidth issue has since been resolved.

I would appreciate any feedback you might have regarding the quality of the video stream for this game.

Regards,
    Frank

Re: Plattsburgh vs. Potsdam

When it works, it works great.

But the buffering gets worse and worse as the game goes on, and I've only had it on since about five minutes into the third period.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
      When it works, it works great.

But the buffering gets worse and worse as the game goes on, and I've only had it on since about five minutes into the third period.
      Never buffered for me at all...part of me wishes it would have tho lol
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Wow...What can I say about tonight's game except...Leis? ***???

True to form, I have returned from my vacation and lovingly crafted another recap =) I hope you all swing on by and check it out at http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...burgh-3-3.html

Comment

While I agree with most of it, if it wasn't for Leis making some huge saves once the game got tied at 3, Plattsburgh would be sitting with a loss for sure. A questionable move to play the puck for sure, but I can just about guarantee you now, come Monday Bob will probably say the wing should have picked up the trailing player...The first two goals were hardly Leis's fault and were far from weak.

The "goalie interference" call....anyone else think there should have been an embellashment call to go along with it? Last year in the SUNYAC Championship McLaughlin received an embelashment call on the breakaway that wasn't nearly as good as an act as that was.

I think you also have to give some credit to Oneil. With just a .87 something save % coming in, he really showed something last night. The Bears looked better then Oswego did a few weeks ago. Could this be the Skidmore game of last year??

We've seen all the SUNYAC now, if you ask me its time to flip flop the goaltenders if no one steps up...or no one transfers in......
          Remy Babineaux
          remyb616@gmail.com
          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by PLinkShootout09 View Post
            Hi,

Primelink is streaming the Plattsburgh State vs. Potsdam game tonight. Please check it out at www.Primelink1.com

You will find find it a MUCH superior product than the last attempt (Plattsburgh vs. Oswego) to stream a game from the Ronald B. Stafford arena. :-)

My name is Frank Koniszewski and I am the Primelink engineer ultimately responsible for the quality of the streaming video product.

The feedback I have received so far for the 2009 Primelink ShootOut has been positive across the board EXCEPT for the last game. The video freezing and being jittery was solely my failure for not allocating enough bandwidth. I had not expected nor believed we would increase the number of concurrent connections over last years ShootOut by 100%.

I do apologize for the fact that the most important part of the tournament, The "ShootOut" itself, had the worst broadcast quality. The bandwidth issue has since been resolved.

I would appreciate any feedback you might have regarding the quality of the video stream for this game.

Regards,
            Frank

Hi Frank! Love the streaming idea; but I am curious about one thing...Are there plans to eventually stream in other formats? I know those of us using a Mac are pretty much left out in the cold with Windows Media being the format of choice...Just wondering. Glad to see you all are working on refining it though; as a tech guy myself I can appreciate the frustration and crazy bandwidth challenges that you must be grappling with

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
              While I agree with most of it, if it wasn't for Leis making some huge saves once the game got tied at 3, Plattsburgh would be sitting with a loss for sure. A questionable move to play the puck for sure, but I can just about guarantee you now, come Monday Bob will probably say the wing should have picked up the trailing player...The first two goals were hardly Leis's fault and were far from weak.

The "goalie interference" call....anyone else think there should have been an embellashment call to go along with it? Last year in the SUNYAC Championship McLaughlin received an embelashment call on the breakaway that wasn't nearly as good as an act as that was.

I think you also have to give some credit to Oneil. With just a .87 something save % coming in, he really showed something last night. The Bears looked better then Oswego did a few weeks ago. Could this be the Skidmore game of last year??

We've seen all the SUNYAC now, if you ask me its time to flip flop the goaltenders if no one steps up...or no one transfers in......
              True that...I would totally agree; O'neill was pretty impressive in net. In fact, I was expecting the game (before arriving at the arena of course) to pretty much be a blowout; but I guess it shows you can't take any game for granted. The Bears seemed to be competitive a majority of the night (excluding the first period); that's for sure.

It is a little unsettling as far as goaltending goes...I still feel Williams seems to have a higher degree of confidence and aptitude. Speaking of goalies, I thought I heard somewhere our third goalie left the team - and yet he was there on the bench?

Seems dicey at best; but on the flip side maybe it's a good thing to not be in a position where the team could be overconfident too...

Comment

I agree with that goalie interference was a poor call by none other than St.Louis. I guess the player is supposed to lie there until the goalie decides to get off him. That changed the whole complex of the game because that was the power play the first goal was scored on. I also agree from the games I have seen from Leis it seems like he is fighting the puck more and more after each goal. The first goal was a poor rebound but the Potsdam player was unchecked which is also a no-no. I would like to see Williams play in Oswego if like you said nobody transfers in.

Comment

Never buffered for me at all...part of me wishes it would have tho lol
                  I think, as it turned out, I may have had some Internet issues on my end. The shame is, if I had realized what was happening, I could have done something about it.

So, I'll chalk this up to my fault, and look forward to the next Primelink webcast.
                  Russell Jaslow
                  [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                  U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Excuses get boring. Last 2 games 2 ties.
                    OSWEGO LAKER'S 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPS

"Dukester" 2009-10 Sunyac Pick'em Champion

"Dukester" 2005 - 06 Sunyac Pick'em Champion

Comment

Originally posted by 1Dukester View Post
                      Excuses get boring. Last 2 games 2 ties.

LoL like you are one to talk lol....you are the king of excuses....need to see that video again?? Or don't have any more tissues??
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Could this be the Skidmore game of last year??
                        Or could the 1st semester Potsdam and Norwich games be... *gasp*... the 1st semester Potsdam and Norwich games of last year? Last year, the Cards tied those 2 teams in 2 consecutive games last November. They also BEAT both of those teams in the 2nd semster.

The ONLY difference between their 1st semester record and that of last year is the Oswego game. (ok, there is one slight difference other than Oswego: The cards had an additional OOC win vs. Elmira, but they can get that win on 1/9)

Agreed. I haven't seen many of the games, but I have seen some of both goalies. Leis is not as bad as TacoRob would make him seem. I will concede that I view Williams as the better of the 2, and was thankful to have him in net for the shootout, but I think that Leis is a talented goaltender who would be a #1 starter on most D-III teams, and has not shown himself undeserving of the starts he has recieved, and will continue to recieve. He's made a few errors, some of them huge... but so has Williams
                        Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                        SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                        ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                        NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                        NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                        NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                        NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

LoL like you are one to talk lol....you are the king of excuses....need to see that video again?? Or don't have any more tissues??
                          Yes please show me the 2003-04 video of game 1 in Platty of the finals when you once again tied it on the offside goal. Show that video on the blueline where I was sitting. LOL.

Comment

Lakers Gunn Taylor got run over but Laker's take the 2 minutes. Hmm

Comment

Originally posted by 1Dukester View Post
                              Lakers Gunn Taylor got run over but Laker's take the 2 minutes. Hmm
                              *****http://www.bestanimations.com/Music/Instruments/Violins/Violin-03-june.gif******
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                              X