Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech 09-10 Season, Part III: "Why Don't You Have a Seat Over There...?"

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech 09-10 Season, Part III: "Why Don't You Have a Seat Over There...?"

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
    If one school told you to come there and the other schools coach told your cousin to tell you to come there, which would you choose?
    I'd be more likely to listen to my cousin, who I've known my entire life, than some coach that I had never met before.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Re: Michigan Tech 09-10 Season, Part III: "Why Don't You Have a Seat Over There...?"

Gazette pregame story
      Also joining the program is Dieter Kochan, who will serve as a goaltenders coach. The four-year letterwinner at Northern Michigan (1993-97) and Saskatoon, Sask., native had a 10-year professional career, including stints with the Tampa Bay Lightning and Minnesota Wild. He is now a Michigan State Police trooper.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        This I believe is big.

Having a goaltending coach is a great way to improve the program. There is noway you can see this and not say the program is making strides in the right direction.
        Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
        *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Also joining the program is Dieter Kochan, who will serve as a goaltenders coach. The four-year letterwinner at Northern Michigan (1993-97) and Saskatoon, Sask., native had a 10-year professional career, including stints with the Tampa Bay Lightning and Minnesota Wild. He is now a Michigan State Police trooper.
          The bolded part was suspiciously absent from the Tech pre-game notes...possible story behind this?

Also, still no mention of Kattelus from Russell
          Last edited by techcodemonkey; 12-11-2009, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
            The bolded part was suspiciously absent from the Tech pre-game notes...possible story behind this?
            minor - either the Gazette knew something about him that Jonathan didn't and added it to the release, or the latter was trying to get all the notes on one sheet and had to cut it off, or whatever. It's irrelevant.
            Or maybe he wanted to be a coach, and the team needed Kattelus to stay out of jail, and everyone's happy... TROOPERGATE!
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
              Follow along:

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/...aspx?id=241042
              Tuesday, December 30, 2008

CALUMET -- Fresh faces dot State Police posts across Michigan over a week after 83 new Troopers graduated from the Michigan State Police Recruit School.

Two U.P. natives and one a former professional hockey player were placed at Copper Country posts.

Canadian Dieter Kochan, a former professional hockey goalie who played for Northern Michigan University, is excited to be working at the Calumet post. It was his first choice.

"It's a different jersey," said Kochan, "but you're still putting on something that represents more than one person, and those aspects really appeal to me."
              http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/...n_rejects.html
              June 26, 2009, 2:18PM

LANSING -- Layoff of 100 Michigan State Police troopers will begin Sunday as scheduled following union rejection of a Granholm administration offer to have the entire trooper force take 37 hours of unpaid furlough instead.

How long the layoffs last depends on whether Gov. Jennifer Granholm and lawmakers can agree to find the money to recall them, either yet this summer or on the Oct. 1 start of the 2010 fiscal year. The layoffs, which save $1.7 million in fiscal 2009, will reduce the number of at-post troopers to fewer than 1,000 for the first time since legislative fiscal analysts started keeping track more than 35 years ago.
              http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7...6226--,00.html
              November 16, 2009

Effective today, 55 Michigan State Police (MSP) troopers are back to work, after being laid off on June 28, 2009. The 55 returning troopers were recalled based on seniority to their previous work sites.

Work sites receiving troopers include:
              Eighth District
              Calumet Post - 1
              I'm sure he's helping out, in-case he gets laid-off yet again.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Oh... and you all signed the wrong former NMU Goaltender.

******* width="560" height="340">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hJneLHCd0Mo&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hJneLHCd0Mo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">

This one may have helped your team's offense.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  You mean this Craig Kowalski?

Kochan was a decent AHL goalie later in his career. Hopefully he will be of some assistance to the program.

Comment

******* width="560" height="340">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hJneLHCd0Mo&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hJneLHCd0Mo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">

But he loves the sausage.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

If thats what we were looking for we could have stayed "in-house".

Damian Rhodes scored a goal in college and was "credited" with one in the NHL

Was the last player to touch the puck on his team.

ttp://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SearchPlayer.jsp?player=18367
                      Last edited by ColoToot; 12-11-2009, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        You mean this Craig Kowalski?

Kochan was a decent AHL goalie later in his career. Hopefully he will be of some assistance to the program.
                        **** you. I knew that game would get quoted eventually.
                        Ok, I'm not as bitter about it anymore, just frustrated that he couldn't keep his five hole closed for the final five minutes of that game... yeah yeah, insert jokes about NMU students.

Dieter is more well known in his professional career with his stints with the Detroit Vipers of the IHL and the Houston Aeros of the AHL. He did have three solid years with the Tampa Bay Lightning (insert joke about AHL teams here), but he is mostly forgotten about.

Definitely a good pickup, and someone I wish could have stuck around the Marquette area to help out with at NMU. But, if he can get a paycheck out of MTU, all the better for him.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Had an e-mail from the BLC.

Apparently Nolan is the #1 goalie for the Flint Generals.

The released the other goalie, but don't see anything on the General's site.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoToot View Post
                            Had an e-mail from the BLC.

Apparently Nolan is the #1 goalie for the Flint Generals.

The released the other goalie, but don't see anything on the General's site.
                            Through 12 games this season, he has a 2.33 GAA and a .930 SV% (though he's only started 8 or 9 of those games)

Comment

Here is Rhodes NHL goal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8FlBhHjfno

His MTU goal was about 10 years earlier at CC on Jan 21, 1989.

Comment

When I think of NMU Goalies, I think of this.

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhNrp0_iPYI&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhNrp0_iPYI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">
                                Just so we never forget.

Originally posted by MeanEgirl to hockeybando
                                *****... *** do you think you're doing?! Getting on USCHO and making racial comments about The Darkness?! I'm not going to stand for this! He's my friend ... so the next time I see you, I'm whooping your ***!
                                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva

(insert joke about an NMU girl and insertion here)

Comment

Working...
                                X