Cornell @ RPI - Friday 12/4/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornell @ RPI - Friday 12/4/09

A little surprised nobody's started this yet. Off to the Catskills for work this morning, but will be up at HFH for the game tonight. This weekend should prove to be a real test for us; we haven't had a full weekend yet that compares to this one in terms of the competition.

I think RPI can take points tonight, the key will be making sure they step up their game to match the competition. That hasn't seemed to be as much of a problem recently as playing down to supposed weaker teams. The guys know this is a big weekend and I expect them to show up ready to play.

Let's go red!
    APBWiki

Re: Cornell @ RPI - Friday 12/4/09

Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    engineerhockeyfan  3- 2- 0  6 points  .600
    FlagDUDE08         1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Red Cloud          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    GRussinko          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    NYhockeyguy        1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    rpihockeyfan13     1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    Rockchops          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Ralph Baer         0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    fr joe             0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cumulative 2003-4 - 2009-10 Thread-Starting Statistics

Code:
    engineerhockeyfan 14-17- 4 32 points  .457
    fr joe            13-21- 4 30 points  .395
    Ralph Baer        10-20- 5 25 points  .357
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    Red Cloud         10- 1- 1 21 points  .875
    GRussinko          7-11- 0 14 points  .389
    rpihockeyfan13     5- 4- 0 10 points  .556
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    DrDemento          3-10- 3  9 points  .281
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    FlagDUDE08         3- 0- 0  6 points 1.000
    jericho            2- 5- 0  4 points  .286
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    NYhockeyguy        1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    REDRocket          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Waite21            0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Autostart="false">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I wonder if a decision on the status of JD'A has been made yet.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ths will be a real test of our talent. We have played well for 60 minutes in all the games that have counted. Now we will be playing a very good, well coached team, and that will take our best effort.
        Friday night has been our best night of the weekends, so I look forward to surprising the Big Red tonight.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          I wonder if a decision on the status of JD'A has been made yet.
          We pretty much know the status of D'Amigo-he wants to play even if it is on one leg. He is a warrior. What concern's me is the status of Bergin. Concussions are just so difficult to predict. I only suffered one bad one in my athletic life-and the effects not only lingered, they returned many months later without warning before disappearing again. The kid is very talented and we really need him at the blue line.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
            We pretty much know the status of D'Amigo-he wants to play even if it is on one leg. He is a warrior. What concern's me is the status of Bergin. Concussions are just so difficult to predict. I only suffered one bad one in my athletic life-and the effects not only lingered, they returned many months later without warning before disappearing again. The kid is very talented and we really need him at the blue line.
            Doc, you and I are on the same page here. Saved me some typing - thanks.

Big, big game here. We need York to play solid and we absolutely have to avoid 5 on 3 situations. Disintegrate 'em RPI!

Comment

Tonight’s game will mark the first time that RPI and Cornell have met on the date of December 4 since 1968.

It is unlikely that any RPI fan who was there on that occasion has forgotten Doug Hearns’ overtime goal past future Hall of Famer Ken Dryden, surely one of the most memorable moments in Engineer history.

In fairness to the Big Red, it should be noted that they did a pretty fair job of bouncing back from that defeat, going on to appear in the national championship game at the end of that season and then winning it all the following year.

Hope tonight’s game is the type of barnburner these two schools played 41 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                Tonight’s game will mark the first time that RPI and Cornell have met on the date of December 4 since 1968.

It is unlikely that any RPI fan who was there on that occasion has forgotten Doug Hearns’ overtime goal past future Hall of Famer Ken Dryden, surely one of the most memorable moments in Engineer history.

In fairness to the Big Red, it should be noted that they did a pretty fair job of bouncing back from that defeat, going on to appear in the national championship game at the end of that season and then winning it all the following year.

Hope tonight’s game is the type of barnburner these two schools played 41 years ago.
                I remember it well. Thanks for pointing it out. I use the standard picture of it as my Avatar over at eLynah. I have often wondered how many of the Cornell posters know what it is, and even more so its significance to RPI hockey.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post

I was there as well-I can still close my eys and see Hearns coming down the left wing and shooting-I cannot ever recall a bigger uproar than at that moment. The 1985 Championship aside, this is my favorite RPI hockey moment. I can only hope that we can recapture that feeling again.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

My folks will be there ...
                    Mileage logged, 2005-06: 12759

Comment

I will certainly let Jericho post the official lineup, but this is on the RPI website: http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...art.pdf?id=636.

JD'A: in
                      Bergin: out
                      Lee out

Merriam is listed first for goalie, but that doesn't appear to be significant.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I will certainly let Jericho post the official lineup, but this is on the RPI website: http://www.rpiathletics.com/document...art.pdf?id=636.
                        For each of the draft picks, they have a little parenthetical note, but they don't for Jensen. Did the SID forget that he got drafted by San Jose?

JD'A: in
                        is right

Bergin: out
                        The most we can do right now is keep hoping that the headaches and symptoms go away eventually. But, he is such a talent and will be greatly missed.
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                          For each of the draft picks, they have a little parenthetical note, but they don't for Jensen. Did the SID forget that he got drafted by San Jose?
                          I suspect so. They forgot it last week too.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

As a reminder, tonight's game will be broadcast by RPI TV and will be streaming for free via Ustream.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/rpi-tv...all-and-hockey

Stop by, watch the action, say hi in the chat room!

RPI TV will be posting the entirety of tonight's game on our website http://www.rpitv.org by noon tomorrow.
                            RPI Class of 2012
                            Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Keys for tonight's game:

For RPI:
                              Stay out of the box
                              Blast the 2/3 of a goal horn
                              Work the puck in the enemy HALF of the ice. Note I did not say third.

For Cornell:
                              Take the fall
                              Act hurt
                              Get indignant

Oh wait, it's OUR coach that looks like Bombay. OK, their real keys to the game:
                              Stop the freshmen
                              Draw penalties
                              Control the game

Comment

Working...
                              X