Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by defkit View Post
    Nice win over a very good team. BU played their game for the first 40 minutes, then they pulled back a little on the forecheck, and BC's speed took over down the stretch. Game was about as even overall as it could be.

Millan had the good game we've been waiting for from him.
    Millan still had a bunch of technical oops moments, but he make a few big saves and had some of the 'do whatever it takes to keep it out' mindset we were used to seeing down the stretch last year. Good win.
    Boston University 2009 Champs
    Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Nice win over a very good team. BU played their game for the first 40 minutes, then they pulled back a little on the forecheck, and BC's speed took over down the stretch. Game was about as even overall as it could be.

I'd say we had a good 50 minutes.
      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

1--New Hampshire___13___8-2-3____19
        2--Boston College___13___7-4-2____16
        3--Maine___________12___7-4-1____15
        4--Massachusetts___11___6-5-0____12
        t4-Mass.-Lowell_____11___5-4-2____12
        6--Vermont________11___4-5-2_____10
        t6-Boston University 13___4-7-2____10
        8--Northeastern____12___4-7-1_____9
        9--Merrimack_______10____4-6-0____8
        10--Providence______10____2-7-1____5

...better.
        (next weekend @ the coffin, v. mack)
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
          I'd say we had a good 50 minutes.
          50 might be pushing it. Certainly up until BC's first goal we had a great game. The kill of the 2 minute 5 on 3 was excellent, and at some point BC was going to start clicking - they're too good not to. We didn't roll over and die like we did a month ago when we played them, we took everything they had and made the plays we needed to make to get the W, solid 2 points.
          time to write new history

Comment

The Fenway game just had it's own highlight on Sportscenter, sure the only two BU players mentioned by name were David Warsofsusky and Brian Bonino, but still cool.

Comment

Cliche, but it's why they always say it, worst score in hockey...as soon as it got to 3-0 you just knew that if BC scored it was going to be white knuckle time...it was good to see some grit...had they had lost that game after being up 3-0 it might have been time to start looking for the golf clubs. Agree it was good to see Millan make some saves that were vintage last reg season. They'll go as far as the goaltender allows this year.

Let's hope this is a typical BU season prior to last year, puzzling until January and then put the run together.
              I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Forgive me, I'm not really a D1 poster, I'm in a D-3 area and I haven't looked through all the threads. Could anyone tell me if BU is selling Jerseys like the ones they wore last night? Being a Red Sox fan, Bruins fan, and possibly now a BU fan, those were tremendous uniforms and now I need one. Anyone have any insight?

Comment

Originally posted by mtuck20 View Post
                  Forgive me, I'm not really a D1 poster, I'm in a D-3 area and I haven't looked through all the threads. Could anyone tell me if BU is selling Jerseys like the ones they wore last night? Being a Red Sox fan, Bruins fan, and possibly now a BU fan, those were tremendous uniforms and now I need one. Anyone have any insight?
                  It looks very, very unlikely. Parker was asked about it after the game. He was asked if he liked the design and said he absolutely did... because he designed it. But he also added that while he surely would be hearing about fans clamoring to buy the jerseys, he thought it probably couldn't happen because the uniforms were so similar in design to Red Sox jerseys. All the players will get to keep their own jerseys, but right now it seems that they will not be available to the public barring some agreement with the Red Sox.

Comment

The "BOSTON" across the front of the BU sweater is similar to that on the sweat suits BU wore in the early '90's, if memory serves me well. In font and size, that is.
                    Last edited by buoldtimer; 01-09-2010, 08:57 AM.
                    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by weighart View Post
                      It looks very, very unlikely. Parker was asked about it after the game. He was asked if he liked the design and said he absolutely did... because he designed it. But he also added that while he surely would be hearing about fans clamoring to buy the jerseys, he thought it probably couldn't happen because the uniforms were so similar in design to Red Sox jerseys. All the players will get to keep their own jerseys, but right now it seems that they will not be available to the public barring some agreement with the Red Sox.
                      Well that sucks. The Red Sox should allow it. The jerseys would cost an arm and a leg because both the Sox and BU would want royalties. Any way you look at it, those were awesome.

Comment

Postgame Stuff from Inside Hockey from last night's BU win over BC at Fenway:

http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/5527
                        http://www.insidehockey.com/columns/5526
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hYZt1tcqAU

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                          The Fenway game just had it's own highlight on Sportscenter, sure the only two BU players mentioned by name were David Warsofsusky and Brian Bonino, but still cool.
                          Half brother to figure skater Brian Boytano?

Comment

Alright, which one of you guys was the drunken fan who heckled me while my friends and I were crossing the BU bridge to get to my friend's apartment in Cambridge? I know it was one of you, because after I talked him down from the trash talk, he talked at great length with me about World Juniors and how great Kreider and Warsofsky were despite being hammered to the point of oblivion.

Reveal your identity, I'll send you the pictures we took together near the BU bridge. Go USA
                            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                            -
                            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Royalty yah.. I was prepared to spend over two bills or more for authentic no number variety after the game at twins.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                                Alright, which one of you guys was the drunken fan who heckled me while my friends and I were crossing the BU bridge to get to my friend's apartment in Cambridge? I know it was one of you, because after I talked him down from the trash talk, he talked at great length with me about World Juniors and how great Kreider and Warsofsky were despite being hammered to the point of oblivion.

Reveal your identity, I'll send you the pictures we took together near the BU bridge. Go USA
                                i think he mightve been inadvertently heckling you in an attempt to keep you from crossing the bu bridge because of how structurally unsound it is.
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X