Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    because the Globe thinks college hockey exists only at Beanpot time and somewhat if BC or BU are in NCAA Frozen Four , IMO.........sad
    at least the globe doesn't think BU, BC, UNH, and NU play in the Big East like the NY Post.
    time to write new history

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Some notes from media day at Fenway today in the signature below.

Not included is just how cold it was out there once the sun went down. Four layers were not keeping my upper body comfy...the heated press box is going to be nice :-)
      Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        I think it's cool that the game is getting this kind of publicity across the country. I also found it a bit odd that the writer in the Denver story didn't add that head coach Joe Sacco is also a BU alum.
        Somehow I missed when he got hired. So when I read that Yip article, I had the "Coach Joe Sacco?!?!?" moment.

Might have to get me a Yip/Avs jersey.
        Bugs Bunny - 96
        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by skatin_terrier View Post
          Welcome back Warso! See you all Friday!
          Based on his performance at the WJC, US hockey can keep him as far as I'm concerned. I don't think he even got in the lineup for the championship game (I wasn't able to watch it) - the only box score I could find listed 20 guys but two didnt have any points, penalties, shots or a +/- and he was one of them.

Comment

He did.

He had two tournovers that didn't result in a goal. Other than that he played decently.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              He did.

He had two tournovers that didn't result in a goal. Other than that he played decently.
              They play 20 skaters?

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                They play 20 skaters?
                i didn't count, but i believe so. rolled 3 d pairs and 4 lines. even got 2 goalies in the game

the two t/o i recall were in the first (he fell going behind the left from the left wing to the right), then on the other end in the 2nd (lost the puck low on the rw side of the net). i didn't notice him much in the back end of the 3rd. not sure if they cut a pair, or that was just good play (less notice of dmen usually means they aren't being mentioned - ie, beaten).

and it's not like he was the only one losing a puck here or there, but when he came out i was following him as much as the camera would allow me to - ya know?

Comment

Based on his performance at the WJC, US hockey can keep him as far as I'm concerned. I don't think he even got in the lineup for the championship game (I wasn't able to watch it) - the only box score I could find listed 20 guys but two didnt have any points, penalties, shots or a +/- and he was one of them.
                  Y'all are insane. Atleast you admit that you are dissing someone without even seeing him play.

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                  HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                  HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    i didn't count, but i believe so. rolled 3 d pairs and 4 lines. even got 2 goalies in the game

the two t/o i recall were in the first (he fell going behind the left from the left wing to the right), then on the other end in the 2nd (lost the puck low on the rw side of the net). i didn't notice him much in the back end of the 3rd. not sure if they cut a pair, or that was just good play (less notice of dmen usually means they aren't being mentioned - ie, beaten).

and it's not like he was the only one losing a puck here or there, but when he came out i was following him as much as the camera would allow me to - ya know?
                    I can't tell if you're joking or not, but the box score has 20 skaters and two goalies. He only had 2 assists but was a +5 in seven games. Kinda expect more when some of the games weren't really competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by mwade View Post
                      Y'all are insane. Atleast you admit that you are dissing someone without even seeing him play.
                      Yeah, I didn't get a chance to watch one of the games he played. The other games I saw him play, he didn't look good. In the previous years, BU guys seemed to excel when they played with better teammates like that. Not this time, though.

Comment

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but the box score has 20 skaters and two goalies. He only had 2 assists but was a +5 in seven games. Kinda expect more when some of the games weren't really competitive.
                        not joking.

the defensemen played defense. cam fowler only had a couple assists. i think carlson and donovan were the only dmen who scored. the rest had assists and help to clear out the front in the defensive end. blais had the forwards playing offense.

it's not like there was a lack of talent up front that would require a warso, or shattenkirk, or whomever to jump up -- though i'm glad carlson did last night

Comment

I'm not sure what tournament you watched, but he played lockdown defense pretty much all tournament. Yeah, he didn't get too involved in the offense, but that's because this team had other, probably better, offensive defensemen (namely John Carlson, Matt Donovan and Cam Fowler). For most of the tournament, Warsofsky was paired with Carlson, who looked like a 4th forward at times. Warsofsky's job on this particular team was to stay at home, and he was very good in that role. I watched every minute of every US game, and I can't remember Warsofsky being at fault on any goals against. Even in the Sweden game when he was a -2, he had his man covered on both of those goals.

They play 20 skaters?
                          Yes. 13 forwards, 7 D.
                          Last edited by Federal League; 01-06-2010, 10:28 PM.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
                            Say what you want about the legitimacy of the bad blood, etc., but the players seem to embrace the rivalry more than in a lot of good rivalries. They played a game a couple weeks back and the teams dropped the gloves three times in 17 seconds in the first period.
                            Just about the same thing happened tonight with Flyers vs. Leafs. Everyone hates the Flyers and seems to think of them at least as some sort of secondary rival and they coincidentally () have a lot of players who drop the gloves.

Make no mistake, the fans have made it a big rivalry and the players have followed suit, but I'm just surprised that people in other areas of the country find it to be such a draw.
                            Boston University 2009 Champs
                            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                              Everyone hates the Flyers
                              Bingo
                              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
                                Just about the same thing happened tonight with Flyers vs. Leafs. Everyone hates the Flyers and seems to think of them at least as some sort of secondary rival and they coincidentally () have a lot of players who drop the gloves.

Make no mistake, the fans have made it a big rivalry and the players have followed suit, but I'm just surprised that people in other areas of the country find it to be such a draw.
                                yeah yeah...

just admit their heralded unbeaten streak is tainted

Comment

Working...
                                X