Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    Did anybody else read the coach's mid year assessment in his FoH letter that arrived yesterday??? Yikes!
    Is it bad form for me to ask somebody to email me a copy of this? Still a student so not a FoH member, but very curious to read exactly what Parker had to say...
    Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
      Is it bad form for me to ask somebody to email me a copy of this? Still a student so not a FoH member, but very curious to read exactly what Parker had to say...
      'Tis delivered by snail mail, so...

Edit: Actually I can give mine to FL pregame on the 2nd when he brings up the line charts, and I assume you'll be with him. If you still haven't seen it by then, that is.
      Last edited by Agganis; 12-22-2009, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        'Tis delivered by snail mail, so...

Edit: Actually I can give mine to FL pregame on the 2nd when he brings up the line charts, and I assume you'll be with him. If you still haven't seen it by then, that is.
        Actually found somebody to help me out already. Thanks, though. Appreciate the offer.
        Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

My new feature story on the six-on-three power play is now on USCHO. In it, Jack Parker reveals that he likely will try the tactic in the first or second period of a game at some point this season.

Check it out and write your thoughts!
          http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...ckthe6on3.html

www.buhockeybook.com

Comment

Originally posted by weighart View Post
            My new feature story on the six-on-three power play is now on USCHO. In it, Jack Parker reveals that he likely will try the tactic in the first or second period of a game at some point this season.

Check it out and write your thoughts!
            http://www.uscho.com/news/college-ho...ckthe6on3.html

www.buhockeybook.com
            Very thorough article, nicely done. As for the strategy itself, I think Parker needs to focus on the basics more than some trick plays that may come up once every 4-5 games. I would think this isn't something they practice intensely but still, spend that time on getting other things fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
              Very thorough article, nicely done. As for the strategy itself, I think Parker needs to focus on the basics more than some trick plays that may come up once every 4-5 games. I would think this isn't something they practice intensely but still, spend that time on getting other things fixed.
              Yeah, I thought the quote from Gwozdecky about how it's never been more important than other things they need to work on was pretty telling. But at the same time, teams do practice the 5-on-3 pretty regularly, so if you subbed the 6-on-3 into its place, I don't see how that would really be doing any damage. For what it's worth, I haven't seen BU practice the 6-on-3 at all, and I go at least once a week. I would like to see BU use it simply because I'm interested to see how it would work. This article definitely convinced me that it can be much more successful than I previously thought. Seeing Colby and Bonino's enthusiasm for the idea convinces me even more. Of course, the key to the whole setup is winning the faceoff, something that hasn't exactly been a strength for BU this year. But once you have possession, there's really no excuse for losing the puck. And I would think you'd only use if the 5-on-3 was at least a minute long, that way you'd definitely have time to set up and get some chances.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Not for nuthin', but that letter is a perk for FOH members. You want to read it -maybe you should have ponied up the cash and you could have read it for yourselves. For the life of me, I can't understand the interest in this letter.

Comment

Originally posted by 13renclan View Post
                  Well, he only blasted their hockey shortcomings. It's not like he called them awful kids as people, after all they shouldn't be focusing on hockey during this break anyway. They need to think about sugarplums and fairies during their holidays, right Carmine?
                  Correct. They certainly were focused on exams and then heading home to spend time with family I'm sure. I am pretty positive they weren't concerned with making all of the glittery faces in Fanboy Nation smile like the fansies believe should be their sole mission in life while at BU (I doubt they think of the fansies at all until they have one of you jump at them at the cafeteria and call them names like "shatty" and "Bones" to find out about injuries and how practice went). Although it should be noted that the post you quoted didn't reference the kids but rather their parents.

Regardless of the discussion, you all have a Merry Christmas (am I allowed to say that or is that not PC? Actually, I don't care...ha!). Don't drink too much eggnog, especially you, mookie!
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by 13renclan View Post
                    Well, he only blasted their hockey shortcomings. It's not like he called them awful kids as people, after all they shouldn't be focusing on hockey during this break anyway. They need to think about sugarplums and fairies during their holidays, right Carmine?
                    well focusing on hockey didnt do them much good for the first half. a little breather might not be such a bad thing
                    “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                    Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                    Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                    National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                      well focusing on hockey didnt do them much good for the first half. a little breather might not be such a bad thing
                      Either that or "focusing" means something completely different to this team than to the rest of the world...
                      Boston University 2009 Champs
                      Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                        Don't drink too much eggnog, especially you, mookie!
                        will do! (er, will won't, i mean )

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        Not for nuthin', but that letter is a perk for FOH members. You want to read it -maybe you should have ponied up the cash and you could have read it for yourselves. For the life of me, I can't understand the interest in this letter.
                        hmmmm. maybe if someone came through with my idea to expand friend for cheap with the window decal idea in the summer we'd have a whole host of new members....

..and not for nothing (and yes, JP does write these himself) - so if you like this taste, JOIN FOH NOW!!.

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/scan0001-1.jpg******

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/scan20001.jpg******
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          hmmmm. maybe if someone came through with my idea to expand friend for cheap with the window decal idea in the summer we'd have a whole host of new members....
                          Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, because that one small thing would have brought sooooooo many new members. I can't believe you scanned and posted that.

Comment

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/scan0001-1.jpg******

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/scan20001.jpg******
                            Thanks, mookie. Nothing too surprising to me. Parker has basically said all of that in post-practice and postgame interviews. I think he holds himself more accountable in this letter than he has in interviews, although to be fair, I've never really gotten the impression that he was only blaming players or that he thought it wasn't his fault. I just haven't heard him give himself an 'F'.

I also find it interesting that he's happy with half of his defense (Gryba, Escobedo, Nicastro), but the unit as a whole gets an 'F'. I actually don't think Warsofsky's been bad at all (in fact, I think he's been even better than Gryba), and I think Escobedo and Nicastro, although their freshmen and you can't be too tough on them, have certainly contributed to the problems on defense. They've had their fair share of miscommunications and turnovers, too.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                              I also find it interesting that he's happy with half of his defense (Gryba, Escobedo, Nicastro), but the unit as a whole gets an 'F'. I actually don't think Warsofsky's been bad at all (in fact, I think he's been even better than Gryba), and I think Escobedo and Nicastro, although their freshmen and you can't be too tough on them, have certainly contributed to the problems on defense. They've had their fair share of miscommunications and turnovers, too.
                              --he allows that the freshmen have played about as well as you'd expect freshmen defense to play. they have played admirably.

--as a general rule i try not to get on our defensemen for their physical shortcomings, because if you were 18-22 and really good at defense, there would be a spot for you in the NHL. so you have to take mistakes when they come and hope that they are physical and not mental.

--i think JP alluded to it earlier that Warsofsky set the bar high for himself and if he's failed to live up to those expectations.... well
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

--as a general rule i try not to get on our defensemen for their physical shortcomings, because if you were 18-22 and really good at defense, there would be a spot for you in the NHL. so you have to take mistakes when they come and hope that they are physical and not mental.
                                Or 24-25

Comment

Working...
                                X