Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by budlite View Post

...He is also inconsistent with threats and actions by making examples of certain players while letting the "stars" do whatever they want. When you treat players inconsistently you lose the respect of all players.
    If you make a statement like that, shouldn't you cite examples?
    if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

No heart, no brains, no goaltending. This season is gonna go down as completely worthless unless all three of those things take a 180.

Chris Connelly's pathetic effort backchecking on the fourth goal was one of the more frustrating moments of this season for me.
      Last edited by 25 N Countin'; 12-12-2009, 03:09 PM.
      I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

Game's on NESN again right now if people are feeling particularly analytic.

Or masochistic. Its almost to the good part.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
          I thought they had hit rock-bottom when they lost @ Merrimack to bring their record to 2-6. I was wrong.
          That's the tough part about these types of seasons. You really think it can't get worse and then it does. I had a few of those moments last year. Just gotta get through it and try not to get too upset.
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
            That's the tough part about these types of seasons. You really think it can't get worse and then it does. I had a few of those moments last year. Just gotta get through it and try not to get too upset.
            For "elite" programs, a very good season often follows a terrible one. We just saw that happen. Maybe we'll have to endure this one to get another really good one?
            Boston University 2009 Champs
            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Originally posted by candycanes99 View Post
              For "elite" programs, a very good season often follows a terrible one. We just saw that happen. Maybe we'll have to endure this one to get another really good one?
              terrible for elite programs is usually 18-16-4 and finishing 16th in pwr. not 5-23-6. and NOT 6 months following a 35 win campaign.
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                Who are you and what have you done with my friend Carmine????? I appreciate the kind words, though. Not for nothing, but your "down" season was nowhere close to the disaster that this season has become. *sigh* I'm watching the NESN replay now. I believe the 2nd shorthanded goal is about to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                  How about the transcripts from postgame press conferences?
                  They should be up at some point later today/tonight. Our transcriber's slacking.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                    They should be up at some point later today/tonight. Our transcriber's slacking.
                    I want to know what Gryba did for his 10 minutes! History dammit!
                    Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                      I didn't even hear it announced, only noticed that Gryba was sitting in the box with his feet up for a while. Hey, might as well enjoy it!

I'm guessing he called the official a farging icehole.
                      R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
                        I was so disappointed that wasn't announced.
                        I love BC people - without them, everyone would want to move to Boston. They keep the numbers down. - Bill Simmons

Boston University: 2009 National Champions

Comment

We didn't get a chance to talk to Gryba unfortunately. I think we'd all like to know what he said.

Edit: What he did was say something to the ref. That much I saw. What he said is the mystery.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            terrible for elite programs is usually 18-16-4 and finishing 16th in pwr. not 5-23-6. and NOT 6 months following a 35 win campaign.
                            We're going to win one game the rest of the year? This team will have a better second half if it follows the path of every single BU team in recent memory, but it won't get better to the extent where they're an NCAA tournament team.

The exaggeration is certainly noted as a symptom of your exasperation though.
                            Boston University 2009 Champs
                            Notre Dame 2012-?

Comment

Will somebody bring in Rogie from the ledge, please? There's been no update to the THFB today.
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                                They already had a spare up - Heikkienen.
                                still doesn't say why, just makes things official though.

http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/defa...k=59&objId=506
                                Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                                when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                                "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Working...
                                X