Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

That game was absolutely pathetic and extremely representative of what the season has been up to this point.

Millan was a total sieve and had some of the softest goals I have seen. I don't know if this is a result of the defense in front of him or if hes just not the same goalie he was last year (probably a combination of both). Almost every opportunity RPI had in front of him was converted and his control on rebounds was horrible. We were lucky the goal that slid across the crease in the 2nd didn't go in. Any glimmers of the Millan of last year that we saw during the BC game were most likely because he was pumped to play BC. I don't think Parker has any choice but to make Rollie the #1 goalie from this point forward.

Part of me wants to be optimistic and believe that this ending to the first half of the season is a blessing in this disguise. The team has officially hit rock bottom and every player can go into the break asking if this is what they want the second half to be like. I know this has been said many many many many times but this team does have talent and things can change. If not, call me a sucker for believing.

Comment

• Re: Boston University 2009-2010 Season Thread II: Still got a pulse, time for CPR

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
      That game was absolutely pathetic and extremely representative of what the season has been up to this point.

Millan was a total sieve and had some of the softest goals I have seen. I don't know if this is a result of the defense in front of him or if hes just not the same goalie he was last year (probably a combination of both). Almost every opportunity RPI had in front of him was converted and his control on rebounds was horrible. We were lucky the goal that slid across the crease in the 2nd didn't go in. Any glimmers of the Millan of last year that we saw during the BC game were most likely because he was pumped to play BC. I don't think Parker has any choice but to make Rollie the #1 goalie from this point forward.

Part of me wants to be optimistic and believe that this ending to the first half of the season is a blessing in this disguise. The team has officially hit rock bottom and every player can go into the break asking if this is what they want the second half to be like. I know this has been said many many many many times but this team does have talent and things can change. If not, call me a sucker for believing.
      Wow! Now that's what I call an upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by collegefan06 View Post
        Wow! Now that's what I call an upgrade.
        Can it be any worse than what's currently out there?

Comment

Look at the record this season and look at the record two seasons ago and you would never guess there was a 35 win national championship season sandwiched in between.

Comment

Where to begin?

Sorry I've been away for awhile but I've been basking in last season...until now.

What a punchless team. We got destroyed by the RPI practice squad tonight.

6 wins would be a stretch goal.

Gryba = what you'd expect, solid but not that much
            Shatt = can't carry the team, although he tries
            Wars = Still good
            Joe P = Great 4th line checker, often hurt
            Nicastro = maybe next year
            Chiasson = see above
            Trivino = Total Fraud. Wimp on the puck, slow, and a total joke. If I have to read another article on NHL.com about him going pro then I'm gonna puke. He's dreaming.
            Z. Cohen = OK. good in the crease but sooo slow. Worst back checker on the team.
            Connolly = shifty, tiny, and soft
            Bonino = Where's Yip to take the hits when you need him?
            Glass=Is he still on the team?
            Santana = Seriously?
            Gilroy=Not his big bro, not close
            Megan=Next year?
            Courtnall=Not his dad, not close
            Escobedo=Might be OK someday
            Gaudet=Believe in yourself, you're not half as bad as you think
            C Cohen = million dollar slapper, 2 cent head
            Popko = win the draw then get off the ice!
            Vinny Saponari=See Trivino, nice haircut
            Millan=why is it everyone gets their 1st career NCAA goal off you this year? What happened to the kid that carried BU over UNH last year? Or was it all Gilroy???
            GR=What's the deal with the 5 foot rebounds in the crease?

Come on guys...don't make me long for the 07-08 team that at least showed some heart.
            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

At this point, I don't know what else Jack Parker can do to get it through this team's heads that coasting is not acceptable. Tonight, it was if they came out for the third period knowing they were winning and figured if they just hit everyone on the ice and skated around, they could win the game.

Max Nicastro giving up on that empty net goal was pathetic, especially in light of his coach stressing the lack of effort from his team in every post-game press conference since the week before Thanksgiving. Yes, you're losing and you're frustrated, but that's no excuse for not trying at all.

He's taken away lounge time, he moved the banners across the arena, he holds mandatory meetings every day to explain to this team where they are and attempt to get them motivated, but obviously, this isn't enough.

This team isn't playing horribly. They aren't getting blown out every game. They've been in most games this season until the third period, and that to me means their will to win just isn't there. Perhaps it would be less frustrating if this team didn't have the potential to do anything more than this, but they do have potential and they do have talent. They better come out on January 2nd with fire.
              April 11th 2009
              October 27th 2004
              October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

Anyone know why the Beanpot Banner with the post 2003 Beanpots removed during the game?

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
                  Anyone know why the Beanpot Banner with the post 2003 Beanpots removed during the game?
                  No one in the press box could figure it out. However, the school banners and the ECAC/HE regular season/Beanpot banners switching sides was all redecorating in an effort to space things out more.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Recap, sidebar and grades are all up on the blog.
                    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Thanks Kennedy. At least I have the Hawks.

BU Hockey: Complete Suck
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
                        I think it might have been in the way of the PA announcer's booth's view of the scoreboard.
                        Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Added mini-gallery to game recap - http://www.uscho.com/recaps/20092010/m/12/11/rpi-bu.php

Help repair my camera gear before the new season starts
                          HockeyPhotography.com - use search to find images of your favorite college player and order prints
                          HockeyPhotos on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            i could easily see this team heading to the beanpot at 4-16-3
                            Opened uscho.com with the am coffee and just cringed. My first thought was 2008 redux, but then maybe this will be much much worse. In 08 it was McArthur who stepped up and started to lead. Who's it going to be now?

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post

I think Dave Quinn has jumped to the top of the list of Jacks successors.
                              If he's smart he'll wait until the current lot of players have departed the scene of the crime.

Having watched BU games for better than 40 seasons, I've never seen the coach's body language worse than late in the game. He appeared to be extremely forlorn and downcast (one man's take).

By the way, there was a break in play while the score was 4 - 3. It appeared to me that JP left it up to the players to devise a play among themselves. He just leaned back against the glass.

Again, just one man's opinion - I know Shattenkirk has had a few problems with one on one coverage, but he does far more good things than bad.
                              Last edited by buoldtimer; 12-12-2009, 11:19 AM.
                              if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

As always Parker doesnt get that its his job to get these guys winning hockey, he will throw a team/player under the bus everytime instead of saying "I'm not doing my job". What an ahole. This season is turning out to be one of the biggest debacles and embarassments in his tenure. They were picked 1st which we all know was ridiculous but last, seriously. Is there a worse D1 program right now? Have you ever seen a goalie lose his confidence as quickly as Millan, it started literally in the middle of the National semi final game what an unbelievable complete turnaround. Not alot to look forward to next year as their best players are probably gone after this year, Bonnino, Shat, both Cohens, and maybe DW. The momentum of winning a NC and using that to continue a national presence and giving BC a run for their money as the dominant program in the Northeast, epic fail. Now last year just looks like a fluke and actually 2 out the last 3 years no NCAA tournament is a trend going the opposite direction. As fun as last year was it gave us Parker for another 5-10 years unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                                X