Originally posted by Bumbles View Post

Looks like Muse is back.
    One game does not a season make.
    GO BU! がんばろうTERRIERS

Comment

Re: Boston College @ Boston University, 12/5 - The First Of Four Venues

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
      Looks like Muse is back.
      BU has made a lot of goalies look like Hobey Baker Finalists this year.
      It Happened!!!!

Comment

Postgame transcripts from York, J Whitney, Parker, Bonino and Gryba are up on the blog.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
          Postgame transcripts from York, J Whitney, Parker, Bonino and Gryba are up on the blog.
          i would love some accountability for the people who think BU should be ranked 1 through 3 in the power rankings
          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            i would love some accountability for the people who think BU should be ranked 1 through 3 in the power rankings
            to be up front, i voted 8/9 (only because i've yet to see pc play, and i refuse to think they are better than us at this point ).
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

what game were you watching? bu came out totally flatfooted while bc was gunning on all cylinders. bc was killing us along the boards and in the neutral zone and only some 08 09-esque millan goaltending kept bc off the board. we had a good 2nd but couldnt convert on a lot of chances. in the third we came out relatively weak and it was clear bc wanted those two points more. we are a team of playmakers with no finishers. its like were a beautifully built new building that has no roof. we need guys to step up who simply can finish the play and get the puck in the net when the opportunity is there. uvm was whiff city and last night was similar with more than a few passes to an open man for a tip in that went untouched. paging jason lawrence... edit: this was suposed to quote superfan joe..stupid mobile uscho
              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                i'll have you know, sir, that we are undefeated in our last four games!!! that's FOUR games!!!!

i'll have you know, sir, that we are undefeated in our last five games!!! that's FIVE games!!!!
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I know the Eagles won last night on the ice, but what I really want to know is... how much better were the fanboys than the tshirt wearing superfrauds? And how many of the fanboys were wearing jerseys? As we all know, that's all that matters.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I must say I was disappointed with the fanboys' efforts in their postgame attempts to bombard us with snowballs. They kept bombing them over the BC fans waiting on the outbound platform and hitting BU fans waiting on the inbound platform. Fail The 'superfans, superfans you suck' really hurt though, especially the sixth time - but I think they would have got their point across if they did it a seventh
                    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                    -
                    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

• Re: Boston College @ Boston University, 12/5 - The First Of Four Venues

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                      what game were you watching? bu came out totally flatfooted while bc was gunning on all cylinders. bc was killing us along the boards and in the neutral zone and only some 08 09-esque millan goaltending kept bc off the board. we had a good 2nd but couldnt convert on a lot of chances. in the third we came out relatively weak and it was clear bc wanted those two points more. we are a team of playmakers with no finishers. its like were a beautifully built new building that has no roof. we need guys to step up who simply can finish the play and get the puck in the net when the opportunity is there. uvm was whiff city and last night was similar with more than a few passes to an open man for a tip in that went untouched. paging jason lawrence... edit: this was suposed to quote superfan joe..stupid mobile uscho
                      Honestly, no bashing intended or anything, I just think the results were indicative of the fact that BC is a better team. I don't think it was an indictment of BU at all.

In the second period, BU BARRAGED BC and we were lucky as hell (with an assist from Muse) to get out of that period alive. It took an absolute miracle to get out of that 3-on-5 where one of BC's players had a broken stick.

BC definitely won the battles along the boards - there were lots of them, and I said to Grant early on that whoever won the boards would win the game.

Up until Gibbons potted the fourth goal, I thought it was a very even, very good hockey game. BU really did kind of fall on their swords after that though.
                      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                      -
                      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                        i'll have you know, sir, that we are undefeated in our last five games!!! that's FIVE games!!!!
                        and we are not.....

we're you there? i went walking about before the 3rd started - looking for an old dude with a camera asking young co-eds if they wanted to get a picture taken... but no dice.

was going to ask how the shoulder is coming along. hope it's doing well.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          we're you there? i went walking about before the 3rd started - looking for an old dude with a camera asking young co-eds if they wanted to get a picture taken... but no dice.
                          Hahahahahaha. mookie wins.
                          Originally posted by reBlur
                          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Joe Whitney needs a shave. Do they not issue razor bladez at BC
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Awful game chock full of lazy play and blown chances. I worried Parker was going to ride last year's championship for the rest of his days here and it looks like that is coming true. There's no excuses for playing at 70% effort all game. The last period said a lot to me as BC was out there hustling trying to make things happen as a 3 goal lead with 10 minutes less isn't insurmountable. Meanwhile BU couldn't wait for the game to end.

There's two plays in particular that stick out. One was the bang-bang play to Periera in front of the net where he had a great chance for a goal but missed the net by 10 feet. Ridiculous - you HAVE to make those shots. The next was Saponari on a shorthanded breakaway lets the puck bounce over his stick. It wasn't jumping around that much and you have to capitalize on that. Instead he lazily follows it behind the net, at which time 4 BC defenders are back to block the pass.

As far as the rest of them go I thought Fidel Nicastro and Shatty played pretty well. Rest of the D not so much. Millan wasn't the problem although he didn't put up a performance like last year's NCAA's vs UNH (which is what it would have taken to win this game).

Give BC a lot of credit in the shot blocking department. Haven't seen them all year but wondering if York has them in lock down defensive mode this year like he'll tend to do if he doesn't have a lot of scorers.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                                I agree with this post 95%. I'm calling the 2nd period very good. Yeah, I know they only scored one and blew the 5x3, but more periods like that will win a few games. If for no other reason than the other team will have a tough time scoring. Of course they can't hit the broad side of a barn. I loved Parker's quote in the Globe today: "Five or six times we had point-blankers and we shot high and wide. The puck's not going in the net for us." Ah, coach. You are who you are.

BU Hockey: Finishers Needed (Perhaps someone can find a Finish Finisher.)
                                It Happened!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X