Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boston College @ Boston University, 12/5 - The First Of Four Venues

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
    From browsing through the BU thread it seems like y'all think Warso has dropped off this year. What happened? Just a sophomore slump? Or is there something in particular that's dragging his game down?
    He suffered a hip injury that kept him out of 3 games. Parker also experimented with him at LW for 2 games.

Before the injury, I think he was his usual phenomenal self. Then he got the injury, they rushed him back for the game at Maine, and he was clearly not even close to being ready to play. So, he missed the next 2 games as well and then got moved to wing, where he was clearly struggling to adapt. Now he's been back on D for the last two games, and I think he's starting to look a lot more comfortable again. If he isn't already back to normal, I'd say he's very, very close.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

From browsing through the BU thread it seems like y'all think Warso has dropped off this year. What happened? Just a sophomore slump? Or is there something in particular that's dragging his game down?
      I don't agree with (or remember reading someone posting) this sentiment. IMO he has been the best D so far this year (when healthy or not at forward as FL noted) and it's virtually impossible to make an argument that hes not one of the top 3 D. However, when the team is coming off of last year's high and is below .500 no one is immune to criticism. Also the returning 4 D were expected to fill at least a significant portion the shoes of Gilroy and Strait left, and they probably still have room to grow into those shoes, but IMO losing Quinn could be one of the most underrated losses in the programs history, which could be the larger issue as far as the D is concerned.

Comment

Last year BU's offense-from-the-d-men was freakin' scary, like nothing I've seen at the NCAA level. Especially Warsofsky and Shattenkirk who were two of the most entertaining players to watch last year, imo.

Being in VT, I've only been to a few games, but in those (esp. against UNH) I think Warsofsky is the best player on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by BU Hammer View Post
          The team seemed to shake that last week and put together two solid efforts against Harvard and Cornell –– and in a sense, I see tying Cornell as a small victory, considering the way the game started out.
          BU to the EZAC... a perfect fit.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
            Being in VT, I've only been to a few games, but in those (esp. against UNH) I think Warsofsky is the best player on the ice.
            I've been to all but two games, and although I think this might a slight overstatement, Warsofsky has looked very good when healthy and at defense. I'd argue Bonino (when healthy) and Connolly have been the best players on the team. Warso's a clear number three, IMHO, with Chiasson and Shattenkirk (over the last 3-4 games).

I know I might be in the minority, but I think Shatty has improved tremendously, and looked very good against Cornell. The breakaway goal notwithstanding (Shatty pinned that one on Colby -- leadership might still need some work), he has been much, much better facilitating on the power play and in the offensive zone in general.
            Boston Hockey Blog

Comment

Hey jcarter...
              Be sure to tell grantfan we look forward to his report on BU after Friday nights game. A short paragraph on each individual player, or even just the bad ones, will suffice. His vast hockey knowledge and in-depth game analysis will really help us out as to what kind of BC/BU game we can expect to see on Saturday night.
              Thanks.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

IMO Warso is key if the US is going to make a run at World Juniors, so I hope he's fully healthy by then. Maybe he should take Saturday off

can't wait for the games this weekend.
                BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                -
                Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

IMO Warso is key if the US is going to make a run at World Juniors, so I hope he's fully healthy by then. Maybe he should take Saturday off
                  I know it's a joke mostly a joke, but he is fully healthy now. For the Maine game on 11/8 he was banged up, but Parker left the decision up to Warso, who likely made the wrong one, and played. Since it was a hip/groin muscle strain playing too early didn't exactly help the healing process, but by the next weekend he was virtually 100%, but Jack didn't want to rush him back (again) and didn't give Warso an option and sat him for both games against MC. He has played full time with no noticeable lingering injury symptoms for two weeks now.

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                    That being said, if the team can't get up for a game against BC, I think that will say a lot about where the rest of the season is headed.
                    couldn't have said it better myself. we are in for a 1-2 point weekend at best.

Yeah - there are good ties and bad ties, and that was a good tie for BU against Cornell. Whether or not this game would be a 'good tie' for BC depends on the circumstances of the game.
                    BU tying Cornell was a good tie. BU tying BC will be a great tie (at least the way the two teams are going about it right now)... BC tying BU will almost be a loss for BC. At least the teams are playing right now, no reason to believe BC can't take care of business this weekend.

That being said, here's to hoping BU wins both games, and starts the climb up the standings in hockey east... Go BU!
                    Boston University '08 Syracuse University '11
                    when you say Jack Parker... you've said it all

1994 1996 1998 1999 2000 2003 2009 2009
                    "so here's to the outhouse on the hill, 'cause BOSTON COLLEGE SUCKS, and they always will!"

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Hey jcarter...
                      Be sure to tell grantfan we look forward to his report on BU after Friday nights game. A short paragraph on each individual player, or even just the bad ones, will suffice. His vast hockey knowledge and in-depth game analysis will really help us out as to what kind of BC/BU game we can expect to see on Saturday night.
                      Thanks.
                      You tell him, I'm not your secretary.
                      Originally posted by Hokydad
                      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by yankeefn01 View Post
                        couldn't have said it better myself. we are in for a 1-2 point weekend at best.

BU tying Cornell was a good tie. BU tying BC will be a great tie (at least the way the two teams are going about it right now)... BC tying BU will almost be a loss for BC. At least the teams are playing right now, no reason to believe BC can't take care of business this weekend.

That being said, here's to hoping BU wins both games, and starts the climb up the standings in hockey east... Go BU!
                        If BU wins both games this weekend I will be pretty **** scared. As it stands, I just don't think they have it in them - I'm not overly impressed by an OT win and a tie against ECAC teams (although I was at the Harvard game and thought both teams looked pretty good).

This is "moving weekend" in Hockey East. All the teams that matter play against one another. (Apologies to Maine, Merrimack, NU and Providence. But the other six are the only ones I see realistically having any shot of making NCAAs.)
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          BU to the EZAC... a perfect fit.
                          Indeed. Academically a much better fit.
                          It Happened!!!!

Comment

In the words of Jack Buck, "I don't believe what I just saw" (or read )

http://www.dailyfreepress.com/meyer-...alry-1.2108185

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                              Indeed. Academically a much better fit.
                              And the players enrolled in CGS can transfer to UMass-Boston?
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by btg1204 View Post
                                In the words of Jack Buck, "I don't believe what I just saw" (or read )

http://www.dailyfreepress.com/meyer-...alry-1.2108185
                                So in summary:

"bc is sooooo pretty and awesome, why cant we just fellate them like the rest of the city does while quietly only hating their hockey team?"

Belch. What a wet-blanket article.
                                This is a rivalry weekend. Engage the hate!!
                                Boston University Hockey
                                1971 1972 1978 1995 2009

Comment

Working...
                                X