UMass Lowell @ New Hampshire, 12/4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UMass Lowell @ New Hampshire, 12/4

Didn't see a thread for this game ... so here it is.

UML comes in on their first two game losing streak since February of last season (swept in a home/home by NU). After going the first 11 games having scored at least 3 goals in each game, the offense took a nap last week scoring 2 against PC and 1 against Maine. Not only that, from what I've heard/seen on the two games last week (I only saw the Maine debacle) the team was flat both nights.

UNH meanwhile comes in on a four game unbeaten streak that's seen them get to the top of HE.

Lowell beat UNH at the Tsongas almost a month ago 6-3.

Thoughts?
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Re: UMass Lowell @ New Hampshire, 12/4

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    UNH meanwhile comes in on a four game unbeaten streak that's seen them get to the top of HE.

Lowell beat UNH at the Tsongas almost a month ago 6-3.

Thoughts?
    The second and third period implosion by the Cats at Tsongas on 8 November was my birthday present, I guess. At least the IPA at Lowell Beer Works after the game was excellent. Sadly, the only Cats game I have seen in person all season. But, good to see that the Cats have been playing better of late. Appears that Bobby Butler is really making a statement about not being drafted, and his linemates DeSimone and Thompson are contributing, too. I think that this weekend will be very telling about how Hockey East might play out in the second half, as it still looks like a lot of parity in HE to me.

Comment

I have no clue how this game is going to turnout. Lowell played like crap last week and were punished by Providence and Maine.

The big sheet at the Whitt will be a factor in the outcome.
      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

lowell typically rebounds well from weekends in which they were swept.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
          lowell typically rebounds well from weekends in which they were swept.
          Really???? They have been swept in a weekend 3 times in the last year :

12/5-6 - Swept by UNH....Go on to lose 4 more in a row.

1/2-3 Swept by M-Duluth and Union.....lose next weekend to a weak PC team.

2/27-28 Swept by NU......sweep a weak Maine team.

Hardly "rebounding well".....mixed bag would be kind to describe it.

Comment

Originally posted by CatMan UNH View Post

the UNH one is the lone exception. after losing to that PC team, lowell won what, 4 of its next 5 or something like that? i'm not in a position to check HEOnline right now (readin USCHO on the iPhone at lunch) but this is my belief. the point is that they play well.

really!!!!!!

Comment

So why don't you expand on that a little more... 2/27-28, swept by NU, then went on to sweep Maine, sweep UVM in the HE quarterfinals, beat NU in the semi-finals, and tie BU in the championship. Yeah, they didn't rebound well at all.

And you're double dipping there with the whole Duluth/Union/PC loss... the UNH weekend started the 6 game losing streak last season which those games were a part of. After that losing streak they went 7-2-2 in their next 11, which brought them to the NU series.

So to recap... Sweep by UNH, and the 4 other games following, followed by a 7-2-2 record... Sweep by NU leads to a 5-0-1 record and the Hockey East finals...

Comment

"facts schmacts! i have question marks to overuse!"

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                  So why don't you expand on that a little more... 2/27-28, swept by NU, then went on to sweep Maine, sweep UVM in the HE quarterfinals, beat NU in the semi-finals, and tie BU in the championship. Yeah, they didn't rebound well at all.

And you're double dipping there with the whole Duluth/Union/PC loss... the UNH weekend started the 6 game losing streak last season which those games were a part of. After that losing streak they went 7-2-2 in their next 11, which brought them to the NU series.

So to recap... Sweep by UNH, and the 4 other games following, followed by a 7-2-2 record... Sweep by NU leads to a 5-0-1 record and the Hockey East finals...
                  Your making my point, losing 6 games in a row after getting swept (which includes another weekend of being swept) which includes losing to a horrible PC team as well doesn't really translate into them "usually" rebounding nicely after being swept. No one is doubting they went on a roll last season after being swept by NU.
                  I'm just disputing that they usually turn things around. 1 of 3 times they responded well, not usually as Goon claimed. But if you guys want to claim they are world beaters after they have been swept, feel free. They were very good once and horrible twice.

Comment

I'm just disputing that they usually turn things around. 1 of 3 times they responded well, not usually as Goon claimed. But if you guys want to claim they are world beaters after they have been swept, feel free. They were very good once and horrible twice.
                    again they went 7-2-2 in the 11 games after the UNH sweep. there isn't a planet in the universe on which that would qualify as "horrible"

Comment

again they went 7-2-2 in the 11 games after the UNH sweep. there isn't a planet in the universe on which that would qualify as "horrible"
                      I agree 7-2-2 is not horrible......unfortunately,that wasn't Lowell's record. They went 1-5 after the UNH sweep and I think that is pretty horrible on whatever planet you would like to use.

Comment

I agree 7-2-2 is not horrible......unfortunately,that wasn't Lowell's record. They went 1-5 after the UNH sweep and I think that is pretty horrible on whatever planet you would like to use.
                        yes i apologize profusely, i meant the UMD/Union sweep.

point still stands. go run a lap.

Comment

yes i apologize profusely, i meant the UMD/Union sweep.

point still stands. go run a lap.
                          What's your problem? No one can disagree with you or you get all ****y? You said how great Lowell usually is after being swept. I just pointed out that they weren't.....if you wanna pretend going 1-5 is good record after being swept, go for it. I was just stating they actually have mixed results.....didn't mean to upset you. They had 1 good run and 1 bad one, but believe what you want.

Comment

So I guess your saying that UNH is going to kick Lowells ***????

Comment

Originally posted by ushl d man View Post
                              So I guess your saying that UNH is going to kick Lowells ***????
                              I simply listed how UML has done after being swept the last 3 times. I don't see where I said UNH is going to kick their a**. I do think it will be a close 1 goal game, and if anyone wins big it will likely be UML as they seem to have more talent this year, but I think a close game is likely.

Comment

Working...
                              X