SCSU @ UAA - December 4th/5th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU @ UAA - December 4th/5th

Forget about Mt. Redoubt this year, it looks like a volcano-free trip to Anchorage.

Is it somehow possible for both these teams to lose Friday and win Saturday? Both squads have been solid on Saturday nights and Fridays... not so much.

SCSU managed to salvage a split with a Saturday night 3-2 win at DU, while UAA did the same against CC.

Have at it.

Re: SCSU @ UAA - December 4th/5th

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
    Forget about Mt. Redoubt this year, it looks like a volcano-free trip to Anchorage.

Is it somehow possible for both these teams to lose Friday and win Saturday? Both squads have been solid on Saturday nights and Fridays... not so much.

SCSU managed to salvage a split with a Saturday night 3-2 win at DU, while UAA did the same against CC.

Have at it.
    looks like a good series, what is your goalie situation right now? it seems like the one game i saw on FCS against North Dakota Dan Dunn was in net, yet i hear all this talk about Mike Lee being the next big thing.
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
      looks like a good series, what is your goalie situation right now? it seems like the one game i saw on FCS against North Dakota Dan Dunn was in net, yet i hear all this talk about Mike Lee being the next big thing.
      Motzko is dead set on rotating the goalies. You'll see Lee Friday and Dunn Saturday.

Mike Lee looked brilliant in our win over Wisconsin, but has shown a tendency to let in a few softies. Hopefully it's just growing pains and he can straighten it out this week.

Comment

I am hoping for a split, the Seawolves can be dangerous..

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
          Wow, you don't sound too optimistic. I am expecting a sweep by my Seawolves. They beat UND, DU and now CC - all teams that are all highly ranked nationally. There has been some inconsistencies with UAA as well, but by now they should know what it takes to get a win in the WCHA, and they should be hungry for more WCHA points.

Go Wolves!!
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
            Is that you Coach Dahl?

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
              They beat UND, DU and now CC - all teams that are all highly ranked nationally.
              Huskies have done 2 of 3 (have not played CC yet) and Huskies did this on the road, your point? Should be a good series...these two teams will match up nicely.
              "You can't let a kid come across the blue line that far unmolested" Lou Nanne commentating during the MN high school tournament

Losing to the Mavericks would be as pathetic as the sight of my MySpace page.....HFR

Comment

UAA is still in this conference?

Seriously, St. Cloud has split with very good teams like UND & DU on the road and UW & UMD at home...and split with a terrible team like MTU on the road. If the Huskies don't at least split, they're going to be treading water around .500 all season.
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by seawolfpunk View Post
                  You pose an excellent question. It appears to be a duo rotation in the near future for various reasons only Motzko knows. Early I thought Lee should be the starter, then Dunn, and now . . .?

Maybe Motzko has some Mangini in him in that he likes to keep the opposing team guessing as to who will be our goalie / quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                    Maybe Motzko has some Mangini in him in that he likes to keep the opposing team guessing as to who will be our goalie / quarterback.
                    Not really much of a guessing game when he's rotated them in 6 of 7 series and had the same rotation in 5 of those.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Not really much of a guessing game when he's rotated them in 6 of 7 series and had the same rotation in 5 of those.
                      True to a point, but I believe Lee was a game away from taking some time off until he shut down Wisco. In other words, if he's going to implement this rotation, I believe Motzko has the order backwards; he should start the junior Dunn on Friday, then freshman Lee on Saturday. If Dunn looks good, maybe he gets the second night too.

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        UAA is still in this conference?

Seriously, St. Cloud has split with very good teams like UND & DU on the road and UW & UMD at home...and split with a terrible team like MTU on the road. If the Huskies don't at least split, they're going to be treading water around .500 all season.
                        Splitting against good teams is alright. But correct, against teams like UAA not taking 4 points equals not being around end of March/April.
                        St. Cloud State University - Stearns County's Pride On Ice

Comment

Originally posted by STCHuskies View Post
                          Splitting against good teams is alright. But correct, against teams like UAA not taking 4 points equals not being around end of March/April.
                          Contrary to popular opinion, I do know what I'm talking about.
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                            You pose an excellent question. It appears to be a duo rotation in the near future for various reasons only Motzko knows. Early I thought Lee should be the starter, then Dunn, and now . . .?

hmmmmmm sounds like uaa with olthuis & christianson. I think we will see Olthuis on Friday & Christianson on Saturday since Shyiak usually goes that rotation too and i hate it. Will one of these guys please take charge and be No. 1 please? And stay out of the penalty box guys, that's been a problem all year.
                            Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

Looks like both games will be aired by GCI, here is the webcast info:

http://portal.gci.net/gcisports/uaa_hockey
                              Originally Posted by aparch
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                              X