Rocky Mountain Showdown! DU and CC!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky Mountain Showdown! DU and CC!!

This is a fair title to two great teams.

Would think both teams will live up to their great starts and play some awesome college hockey.

So what do you think?
    World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Re: Rocky Mountain Showdown! DU and CC!!

DU sweeps.

I'm already looking ahead to the Duluth series. Where's the UMD fan thread?

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
      DU sweeps.

I'm already looking ahead to the Duluth series. Where's the UMD fan thread?
      On the PB site. We have no need for one here.
      Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Get your popcorn out for this one.

The two teams tied for first in the WCHA face off against each other this coming weekend; Friday in Colorado Springs and Saturday in Denver. Several things are at stake.

1) National ranking
        2) WCHA supremacy
        3) The Gold Pan
        4) Colorado bragging rights

Both of these games will be televised on FSN Rocky Mountain and Friday's is on FCS Central, not sure about Saturday's game on FCS yet. As of right now it is not listed on the FCS schedule for my local cable system for Saturday. It is noted on the master FCS hockey schedule as being joined in progress on Saturday on FCS Central. Lets hope so.

Statistically two of the nation's leading goalies will be facing each other. For DU Marc Cheverie leads the nation in saves percentage with a .946 and he leads the nation in shutouts with 4. His GAA is 1.6158 which is good for 3rd nationally. For CC Joe Howe has a saves percentage of .934 good for 5th nationally. He has 2 shutouts and is tied with 5 others for 3rd in the nation. His GAA is 2.0589 which is good for 11th nationally.
        DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

I have to say that I am a little disappointed that both teams lost last night. We could have had a #1 vs. #2 matchup for next weekend. Should be interesting with both teams coming off of a loss. Go Tigers! Sweep DU!

Comment

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
            In one of the 1,957 threads for DU-CC that i started, both teams did sweep last weekend, in fact, all year. Me, myself, and i are all arguing about how this weekend will turn out in each of the 1,957 threads. Perhaps we need more threads now, but i am tired of typing. However, some things, like the number 1,957 never get too tiresome, like perhaps 2,957 will...
            Perhaps one of the worst posts of the year on this board.

Comment

In one of the 1,957 threads for DU-CC that i started, both teams did sweep last weekend, in fact, all year. Me, myself, and i are all arguing about how this weekend will turn out in each of the 1,957 threads. Perhaps we need more threads now, but i am tired of typing. However, some things, like the number 1,957 never get too tiresome, like perhaps 2,957 will...
              Let's all hope your next post will be better. I for one am cheering for you man!

On a separate subject. As of 9:00 pm Friday, 27 Nov, 900 tickets remained for the upcoming Friday, 4 Dec game with DU at CC. However, as usual it is expected to be a sellout by game time.

Go Tigers!!
              Last edited by CCtig; 11-29-2009, 06:53 PM.
              World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Solid work. Its a shame that CC's last two fans left on USCHO don't recognize your brilliance.
                Last edited by dggoddard; 11-30-2009, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Solid work. Its a shame that CC's only two fans left on USCHO don't recognize your brilliance.
                  In your world its brilliance.

Comment

Saturday TV Update - Live on FSN Rocky Mounatin at 7PM MT. Joined in progress on FCS Central at 8PM MT following college hoops game between Utah and Oral Roberts which starts at 6PM MT.
                    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Solid work. Its a shame that CC's only two fans left on USCHO don't recognize your brilliance.
                      Ruh roh! 1,957 jokes, how did he ever come up with that

Comment

This should be page 1.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Hey Tig,

Do you know if the parking fee at CSWA includes Randy May washing and waxing my car or if a gratuity is required for that service?

NOTE: For those who do not know, "Super Fan" Randy May gave up his season tickets this season to help park cars at the arena. Hopefully he will help DU fans traveling to the game have a much more pleasant parking experience.
                          DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                          sigpic
                          WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                            Joined in progress on FCS Central at 8PM MT following college hoops game between Utah and Oral Roberts which starts at 6PM MT.

Is there even an audience for that??? CC/DU!!

Go CC!
                            There is no right way to do the wrong thing.

U19AAAA Forever!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                              Hey Tig,

Do you know if the parking fee at CSWA includes Randy May washing and waxing my car or if a gratuity is required for that service?

NOTE: For those who do not know, "Super Fan" Randy May gave up his season tickets this season to help park cars at the arena. Hopefully he will help DU fans traveling to the game have a much more pleasant parking experience.
                              And it took this long for the mud slinging to begin. I am shocked.

Comment

Working...
                              X