No announcement yet.

Rocky Mountain Showdown! DU and CC!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rocky Mountain Showdown! DU and CC!!

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post
    That's good to hear. Looking at 100+ years of team photos in a row is pretty amazing. The evolution of equipment, hairstyles and uniforms is cool. And just walking around Harvard makes you feel smart.
    Wicked smaht. I like Brown a lot too. They are a bit less pretentious than the other Ivies, and an absolutely beautiful campus.

Yeah, the evolution of the equipment, especially, was something I was looking at. 100 years ago, the guys barely even wore pads!
    Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
    -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
      DU 2 CC 1 Final, Tig was a little off on his Friday prediction
      Yes, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night. And tonight single-handedly pushed 11 DU fans (dggoddard and company) out of our barn for excessive post-game celebration (they were singing in my barn) and sent them to the Golden Bee. Pay-back will be nice when I celebrate at CC North Saturday. I'll do more than sing, I'll dance too.

By the way, one hell of a game played by DU. Their defense won this game, totally pushed the CC offense around and kept them from the net, all shots by CC game from the outside with no rebounds or pressure on Chevy. DU earned this game and physically beat up the CC forwards.
      Last edited by CCtig; 12-05-2009, 01:58 AM.
      World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

I hate to say this, but I actually thought CC looked a little better than DU. DU looked a bit sloppy and a little lost on the big ice. Colborne did not have a good night. He missed a golden opportunity alone 20 feet in front of the net. I'm sure he'll be better tonight! One other thing, last night on TV, they showed statistics from the WCHA from 2005 to the present. DU had the most wins followed by CC!! Pretty cool!
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

Pics from last night's game...

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...1&l=bbd63d8247

Comment

Watched the game on tape delay last night.
            Was a great game, both teams looked very good...crisp passes, great speed, and created chances. I was very impressed by CC's team speed.
            CC has officially surprised me. I didn't think they would overcome the loss of Rau, Bachman, etc, but they look like a top tier WCHA team again this year.
            I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
              I hate to say this, but I actually thought CC looked a little better than DU. DU looked a bit sloppy and a little lost on the big ice. Colborne did not have a good night. He missed a golden opportunity alone 20 feet in front of the net. I'm sure he'll be better tonight! One other thing, last night on TV, they showed statistics from the WCHA from 2005 to the present. DU had the most wins followed by CC!! Pretty cool!
              I loved that stat. Going into last night, DU had one more win, CC had one more tie. That's pretty impressive for our Colorado teams, especially given some of the great hockey schools our teams compete with in this conference.

I thought CC certainly held their own last night and I cannot fault their effort whatsoever.

It's funny, going into last season (and even several weeks in), I thought Marc Cheverie might be DU's weak link for the next couple of years. We'll just say that my opinion has changed slightly. It's too early to say for certain, but right now he looks to be as good as any goaltender I have ever seen at DU, and maybe better. He is always in such good position that he rarely has to make a spectacular save, he is so cool and calm no matter what is going on around him, and on the rare occasions that he does make a mistake, it doesn't seem to get to him at all.
              Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
              -dggoddard

Comment

CC more than held their own - their team speed is amazing, and this allows Owens to get the defense involved in the offense.

Sweatt always had exceptional speed, but Tyler Johnson also can really wheel and he finally looks like the stud I thought we'd see earlier in his career. And Lowery really makes up for Connolly leaving early - he was everywhere last night.

I thought CC's biggest mistake last night was shortening the bench too early - they were a little tired by the end.

There was very little after-the-whistle garbage last night - just two great-skating teams going up and down on the big ice.

Tonight, the small rink will put more of a premium on gap control and play down low.

Game is sold out, but with the DU students on winter break, I am not expecting much noise.

Comment

So this is the final DU home game of 2009 tonight. But next Saturday is Girls Night Out at Magness Arena. Women's Olympics warm-up event, Team USA vs. Team Canada GO DU! GO USA!

Comment

There was a rush by CC late in the 2nd that was about 3 minutes long, lasted 2 line changes and resulted in about 8 or 9 CC shots. When CC was playing well, their passing game was pristine. It was very scary. I think the big ice helped the power play and transition game for DU- arguably our biggest weaknesses. I'm really interested to see what these teams look like on the NHL sheet. Regardless of the score it should be a completely different game, I would think.
                    University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
                    Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

A couple more thoughts on CC last night. Civitarese had the best game I have ever seen him play. He was probably the only CC player that was consistantly strong on the forecheck. I haven't ever noticed him stand out before, hopefully he can keep it going.

CC needs someone with a little more grit to stir the pot once in a while. There was a play where Chevy cam out of the net to play the puck and Sweatt got there at the same time and was more concerned with avoiding Chevy than getting the puck. For a second I forgot which #21 was playing and was hoping Sterling would drill him...

Comment

Last night's game was one of the best I've seen! To me, it seemed like CC played a better first period, then got a little sloppy with turnovers in the 2nd. Both teams played beautifully for the most part, though, and I was really enjoying myself.

As someone said above, you could definitely see the guys get tired. I think the pressure and excitement only adds to the physical strain of the game.

As for Civ, he never stood out last year because, despite his size, he wouldn't ever really use his body. If you meet him in person, it's not hard to see why - he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet. But he's doing a great job throwing his weight around this year and it's showing by giving him opportunities to move the puck and skate around.

Really proud of this CC team and how they're all working together, wish I could be in Denver tonight, but I'll be watching or listening! Speaking of that, anyone know where the game will be broadcast? Sorry if this has already been discussed.

Comment

Originally posted by stateofhockey View Post
                          Last night's game was one of the best I've seen! To me, it seemed like CC played a better first period, then got a little sloppy with turnovers in the 2nd. Both teams played beautifully for the most part, though, and I was really enjoying myself.

As someone said above, you could definitely see the guys get tired. I think the pressure and excitement only adds to the physical strain of the game.

As for Civ, he never stood out last year because, despite his size, he wouldn't ever really use his body. If you meet him in person, it's not hard to see why - he's one of the nicest guys you'll meet. But he's doing a great job throwing his weight around this year and it's showing by giving him opportunities to move the puck and skate around.

Really proud of this CC team and how they're all working together, wish I could be in Denver tonight, but I'll be watching or listening! Speaking of that, anyone know where the game will be broadcast? Sorry if this has already been discussed.
                          FSN Rocky Mountain and joined in progress on FCS Central.
                          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

What a great weekend of hockey between what I think is now safe to say are two of the top teams in the nation. Congrats to Denver for taking 3 points, as I think it was WELL earned. This is just an awesome DU team. But I have to say that I have never been happy about a one point weekend before this one. CC played really well this weekend, battled back in a road game, and proved that they are indeed for real. I'm **** proud of the way this team is playing right now.
                            -dggoddard

Comment

Great weekend of hockey. Not too thrilled with the Weircioch injury no-stop call after watching the replay, but DU played well enough to at least take 3 of 4 points. If CC loses the Gold Pan, what will they have left but a couple dusty championships?
                              University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
                              Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

One more quick comment that I forgot in my last post: I have to give a HUGE shout out to Ryan Lowery. He may have become a star this weekend.
                                -dggoddard

Comment

Working...
                                X