***APB Alert: Devil's Advocate's***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***APB Alert: Devil's Advocate's***

This is an All-Points Bulletin checking on the whereabouts of a group that refers to themselves as the "Devil's Advocate's". This group is considered armed but not dangerous. They are said to have hockey sticks that they stole from the Wis. Stout hockey team early Friday morning causing the Wis. Stout hockey team to suffer from an inept offense and horrific goaltending. They are also wanted in the State of Wisconsin for identity fraud as the ideas and structure of their "group" were stolen from the nationally recognized Rowdy Crowd.

Due to the thievery of the DA's, the Wis. Stout mens hockey team must suffer a horrible fate due to their epic failure this weekend. They are forced to ride back to Wisconsin, a trip that lasts 21 hours. That is a little more than one hour for every goal allowed this weekend (16).

If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of the individual involved with this group. Please alert authorities immediately as they have not been seen at their usual hangout, the USCHO.com Fan Forum.

Thank You in advance.

Re: ***APB Alert: Devil's Advocate's***

Originally posted by hockeyguy99 View Post
    This is an All-Points Bulletin checking on the whereabouts of a group that refers to themselves as the "Devil's Advocate's". This group is considered armed but not dangerous. They are said to have hockey sticks that they stole from the Wis. Stout hockey team early Friday morning causing the Wis. Stout hockey team to suffer from an inept offense and horrific goaltending. They are also wanted in the State of Wisconsin for identity fraud as the ideas and structure of their "group" were stolen from the nationally recognized Rowdy Crowd.

Due to the thievery of the DA's, the Wis. Stout mens hockey team must suffer a horrible fate due to their epic failure this weekend. They are forced to ride back to Wisconsin, a trip that lasts 21 hours. That is a little more than one hour for every goal allowed this weekend (16).

If anyone has any information on the whereabouts of the individual involved with this group. Please alert authorities immediately as they have not been seen at their usual hangout, the USCHO.com Fan Forum.

Thank You in advance.
    You, sir, win the internet. This is fantastic.
    "Career highlights? I had two - I got an intentional walk from Sandy Koufax and I got out of a rundown against the Mets." - Bob Uecker

Read my blog! gbsportsguy.wordpress.com

Comment

Sorry, I had a 4 hour drive to take care of first. I must say this is clever, I hope you had a gay'ole time making it. But i would like to know how did we steal anything from the RC? Since when was it the RC's idea to cheer for their college team? I have never seen a student cheer for their team. Stealing their structure also, we must be really hurting on this since they had people who lead cheers before us. I've never heard of anyone cheerleading before. Maybe they have fires before games too, which especially in Wisconsin is unheard of. I've never sat on a tailgate by a fire before a game anywhere else. But I'm sure the RC came up with all these ideas out of nowhere.
      Last edited by Fritz62; 11-28-2009, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz62 View Post
        Sorry, I had a 4 hour drive to take care of first. I must say this is clever, I hope you had a gay'ole time making it. But i would like to know how did we steal anything from the RC? Since when was it the RC's idea to cheer for their college team? I have never seen a student cheer for their team. Stealing their structure also, my we must be really hurting on this since they had people who lead cheers before us. I've never heard of anyone cheerleading before. Maybe they have fires before games too, which especially in Wisconsin is unheard of. I've never sat on a tailgate by a fire before a game anywhere else. But I'm sure the RC came up with all these ideas out of nowhere.

This...is true. You didn't steal anything from the RC unless they were the first to cheer for a team. As they weren't the first, and certainly won't be the last, you stole nothing.
        “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
        19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
          This...is true. You didn't steal anything from the RC unless they were the first to cheer for a team. As they weren't the first, and certainly won't be the last, you stole nothing.
          I think the fairest way to settle this is one of two ways.

Either a pond hockey game between the Devil's Advocates and Rowdy Crowd played in Ron Fogarty's office or Chris Lerch's backyard.

or.

Mustache March showdown between Webb and BDR.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Tried my best to internalize on this one Webb!

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Either a pond hockey game between the Devil's Advocates and Rowdy Crowd played in Ron Fogarty's office or Chris Lerch's backyard.
              That depends. Are you talking Rowdy Crowd Hockey that us old guys are all part of or the current students that comprise the Rowdy Crowd cheering section? I think BDR played in high school which automatically gives them a leg up on our pond hockey team (three of us which didn't learn to skate until we were in college and got into DIII hockey, which is part of why the entire movie deal is going down)

If you're talking whatever might be able to be recruited out of the current cheering section it might be a different story, though.

And the game will obviously be played in Ron Fogarty's kitchen sink. Get it right.

Mustache March showdown between Webb and BDR.
              Oh, I'd crush him. And beyond that...I'll put Caveman up against any one of them - or anyone on the planet for that matter - and it won't be close. There's a reason he's The Caveman...
              Last edited by Matthew Webb; 11-28-2009, 11:57 PM.
              “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
              19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Tried my best to internalize on this one Webb!
                Ha, my only point with that was to focus on what you have when you have it because reality can be a fickle and fleeting princess.

Not to say you can't have fun of course, but don't ever lose focus of what you have when the going is good as aside from a few exceptions...the good never lasts long.

2010-11 DIII Commitments
                19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
                  And the game will obviously be played in Ron Fogarty's kitchen sink. Get it right.
                  Of course. It would play in our favor seeing how we are built to create chaos and thump opponents. If we played in his office, that large ice would cause us to give up 9 goals for ever one we scored.

Oh, I'd crush him. And beyond that...I'll put Caveman up against any one of them - or anyone on the planet for that matter - and it won't be close. There's a reason he's The Caveman...
                  By March? I'd take on Grizzly Adams.
                  D-III Rinks Map

"Who is that Viking up there?!" -Adrian Bench

SNC Fan: "Do you have many problems at the games?"
                  Security Guard: "No, only when Point plays here."

Comment

But i would like to know how did we steal anything from the RC?
                    Well, I guess you've never stolen anything from the RC, but other teams locker rooms? Now that's another story...

I've never sat on a tailgate by a fire before a game anywhere else.
                    You've got us on that one. It's a cool idea. Of course no one else has a parking lot where you have to make sure you bring the tow straps.
                    D-III Rinks Map

"Who is that Viking up there?!" -Adrian Bench

SNC Fan: "Do you have many problems at the games?"
                    Security Guard: "No, only when Point plays here."

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman-RC View Post
                      You've got us on that one. It's a cool idea. Of course no one else has a parking lot where you have to make sure you bring the tow straps.
                      It's part of the charm of the Dunn. Cow's in summer, hockey in winter, crappy racing most of the year. Oh how i loathe menomonie.

Comment

******The Dunn County Sheriff has issued an Amber Alert for a group of children who go by the name of the Devil's Advocates.******

The DA's disappeared sometime between overtime and the mini game of Saturday's NCHA Quarterfinal series versus UWSP. They were last seen exiting the arena on their own accord thinking that the game was over. This was the last that anyone has seen or heard from this group of individuals.

If you have any information about their whereabouts, please contact the Dunn County Sheriff's Dept.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyguy99 View Post
                          ******The Dunn County Sheriff has issued an Amber Alert for a group of children who go by the name of the Devil's Advocates.******

The DA's disappeared sometime between overtime and the mini game of Saturday's NCHA Quarterfinal series versus UWSP. They were last seen exiting the arena on their own accord thinking that the game was over. This was the last that anyone has seen or heard from this group of individuals.

If you have any information about their whereabouts, please contact the Dunn County Sheriff's Dept.
                          I would like to speak on behalf of many Devil's Advocates in saying the many of us didn't leave our seats for the mini game and we cheered and were there until the end.

We have not had the greatest season but many of us have been there for every game win or lose.
                          UW-Stout Hockey 2009 Peters Cup Champions, and Home to the best fans in the land, the Devil's Advocates
                          UW-Stout Graduate 2011
                          "The Goalie Mask Guy"
                          D-1 College Team: Wisconsin Badgers
                          NHL Team: Detroit Red Wings

Comment

how do u make your text stream??
                            UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
                            NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
                            Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                              how do u make your text stream??
                              Click "Quote" and you will see the code.
                              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Working...
                              X