Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cornell & Colgate @ RPI & Union (12/4, 12/5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cornell & Colgate @ RPI & Union (12/4, 12/5)

Originally posted by realet View Post
    There were at least 200 RPI fans in attendance, mostly directly across from the Union student section.
    I honestly saw about 3 rows of standing RPI fans across from our student section totaling around 20-30 people. Maybe there were some people sitting who I missed.

Two things about your silly little chant. First, it's kinda ridiculous considering that even saying it pretty much confirms that yes, you can hear us. Second, I do believe we offered you a taste of your own medicine after Chase Polacek made it so you could hear a pin drop in that place. And yes, I know you could hear US chanting "we can't hear you," because it echoed. Perfect example of a chant backfiring.
    The point of the chant is that we can sort of hear the murmur coming from your little group but we can't make out what you are saying and we will attempt to drown it out by saying "We Can't Hear You." Pretty standard.

Oh, yes. When Chase made that goal, it was indeed dead silent. I was miserable. At that point, I just put my head down and got angrier and angrier as I listened to you guys. At that point, I just had to say to myself that you took this game, but hopefully we'll take the next one (just as we took the prior five meetings) and all I could do at that point was get drunk and enjoy my Friday night as much as I could. I also was the winner of the tricycle race at the end of the 2nd period so that kept me going a little bit. I won a gift certificate that gave me four free lift tickets to Whiteface Mountain plus a two night stay at the Northwoods in on Main Street in Lake Placid.

I noticed at that game that the RPI contingent pretty much ran the cheering. Whenever we would start in with "Let's Go Red," the lazy Union section, as is the norm, would just wait until we were finished with "Let's Go," and finished by simply shouting "U." Very, very weak.
    I disagree with this. We would do the majority of the cheering but when you guys started your "Let's Go Red" chant, we matched it with "Let's Go U."

Can we get a Capital District sweep this weekend? Would love to see it.
    Now there is something we can both agree on.
    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
      I honestly saw about 3 rows of standing RPI fans across from our student section totaling around 20-30 people. Maybe there were some people sitting who I missed.
      Yeah, maybe. The entire section was comprised of RPI fans, that's slightly more than "3 rows." We weren't all dressed in RPI attire - but then again, if that was what your criteria was, there weren't too many Union fans in the house either.

The point of the chant is that we can sort of hear the murmur coming from your little group but we can't make out what you are saying and we will attempt to drown it out by saying "We Can't Hear You." Pretty standard.
      I know what your point was, I'm just saying it's silly - especially since basically all we were ever saying was "Let's Go Red." Very, very straight forward.

Oh, yes. When Chase made that goal, it was indeed dead silent. I was miserable. At that point, I just put my head down and got angrier and angrier as I listened to you guys.
      Well, you reap what you sow.

I disagree with this. We would do the majority of the cheering but when you guys started your "Let's Go Red" chant, we matched it with "Let's Go U."
      And were quiet otherwise, which was very much the point. I was sure to stop and listen (and watch) for a full on chant from elsewhere, but the only thing I saw most people saying was "U." Maybe you weren't one of the lazy ones, but if you were you certainly weren't in the majority.

RPI fans started about 60% to 70% of the Union chants. I was disappointed.
      Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

The band wasn't at that game.
        Hence the murmurs from the wilderness that is Union.
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Yeah, maybe. The entire section was comprised of RPI fans, that's slightly more than "3 rows." We weren't all dressed in RPI attire - but then again, if that was what your criteria was, there weren't too many Union fans in the house either.

I know what your point was, I'm just saying it's silly - especially since basically all we were ever saying was "Let's Go Red." Very, very straight forward.

Well, you reap what you sow.

And were quiet otherwise, which was very much the point. I was sure to stop and listen (and watch) for a full on chant from elsewhere, but the only thing I saw most people saying was "U." Maybe you weren't one of the lazy ones, but if you were you certainly weren't in the majority.

RPI fans started about 60% to 70% of the Union chants. I was disappointed.
          I'm sure we could keep this going for a while but with four days until Friday, I think it's just easier to say "agree to disagree."

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
            Hence the murmurs from the wilderness that is Union.
            We should just let him think he's right.
            Without A Peer - Full coverage of RPI Men's and Women's Hockey, with a twist of lemon.

Without A Peer live tweets every RPI hockey game, men's and women's. Follow us at @without_a_peer on Twitter.

Comment

We should just let him think he's right.
              You two are funny.

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                You two are funny.
                We'll let you go on thinking that, too.

Comment

IINM, this is a matchup of the #2 through #5 teams in the conference by winning percentage, so I don't think anybody is taking anybody for granted.

I expected RPI to be strong with their great young players, but Union's a bit of a surprise. Should be a great hockey weekend in the Cap District.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Colgate has their best team in 4-5 years. More offense than I've seen in awhile. Young defense...but learning quickly.
                    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                      Colgate has their best team in 4-5 years. More offense than I've seen in awhile. Young defense...but learning quickly.
                      Sounds like RPI other than the young defense.

Comment

Gees no interest...huge weekend for all four teams. Bump
                        It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                          Gees no interest...huge weekend for all four teams. Bump
                          I can drop bombs, if you like.

(toss)

Comment

(toss)
                            That should do the trick, although I suspect all the Cornell folks are doing their chatter and jabbing from within the borders of eLynah.
                            R.I.P. NASC/MCLA Mohawks Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLakerMohawk View Post
                              That should do the trick, although I suspect all the Cornell folks are doing their chatter and jabbing from within the borders of eLynah.
                              Ah, the ivory tower routine. Gotta love it.

Comment

(toss)
                                Bombs? Looks more like water balloons. And you wonder why you're not getting any reaction

Comment

Working...
                                X