Badger Hockey Showdown 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badger Hockey Showdown 2010

Wisconsin Badgers hosting the Badger Hockey Showdown as usual on January 2nd and 3rd.

Wisconsin Badgers
    Ferris State Bulldogs (Back-to-Back Tournament Champions '03-'04/'04-'05)
    Yale Bulldogs
    Merrimack Warriors

This should be a good tournament, check the USCHO National Rankings:

11 Yale
    15 Wisconsin
    17 Ferris State

Let's hope it stays this close for the tournament. Right now, I'd say that is pretty awesome!

Re: Badger Hockey Showdown 2010

Originally posted by FerrisStateHockeyFan View Post
    Wisconsin Badgers hosting the Badger Hockey Showdown as usual on January 2nd and 3rd.

Wisconsin Badgers
    Ferris State Bulldogs (Back-to-Back Tournament Champions '03-'04/'04-'05)
    Yale Bulldogs
    Merrimack Warriors

This should be a good tournament, check the USCHO National Rankings:

11 Yale
    15 Wisconsin
    17 Ferris State

Let's hope it stays this close for the tournament. Right now, I'd say that is pretty awesome!

I think all four teams rankings will be going up. This is turning out to be possibly a very competitive tournament.

Comment

It will be if Merrimack starts to improve. The team records so far:

#15 Wisconsin Badgers: 7-4-1
      #17 Ferris State Bulldogs: 9-3-2 (2 ties = 2 Shootout wins over #1 Miami)
      #11 Yale Bulldogs: 3-2-2
      Merrimack Warriors: 6-5-0

Comment

I can't wait for this tournament!

All teams have been playing great hockey. I'm the editor of the Merrimack student newspaper and will be going along with a reporter and a photog, psyched to see the Wisconsin arena, heard it's great!
        Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohl_Center

This will give you some facts & figures, and a couple of pictures.
          "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post

All teams have been playing great hockey. I'm the editor of the Merrimack student newspaper and will be going along with a reporter and a photog, psyched to see the Wisconsin arena, heard it's great!
            Don't expect too much.

The crowd tends to get a little tame during winter break.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post

hopefully we get better attendance numbers then in years past when is was right after christmas
              The Quest For 7

Comment

It seems like you guys have only been lacking 3,000 at the games. Is that VERY noticeable in that arena?

Comment

It seems like you guys have only been lacking 3,000 at the games. Is that VERY noticeable in that arena?
                  "Lacking 3,000"....that's all some games out east get total!

Not really in the 100 or 200 sections (lower "bowls"). It is up in the 300 sections.

As EoDS posted, don't expect much during the tourney. Come out for a WCHA series preferably MN or NoDak; lots of fun.
                  Last edited by MadCityRich; 11-25-2009, 01:54 PM.
                  "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Any pictures of tourney games in the past of the arena?

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      "Lacking 3,000"....that's all some games out east get total!

Not really in the 100 or 200 sections (lower "bowls"). It is up in the 300 sections.

As EoDS posted, don't expect much during the tourney. Come out for a WCHA series preferably MN or NoDak; lots of fun.
                      Their will be more open seats around the arena and the student section will be much smaller.

The number of tickets sold will be down by about 3,000, but actual ticket usage will also be down.

The early games will have at most 1500 people in an arena 10 times that size. The badger game will have about 10k of actual attendance, the lower two decks will be fullish and the third deck will have just a few people in the first couple of rows.

Comment

Can anybody confirm anything for 2010 because I have heard reports that UMass will be heading out to Madison next season to play the Badgers in the regular season, like UNH did this year but I have also heard they are participating in the Badger Showdown. A trip to the Kohl Center is confirmed, but I cannot confirm which reason is true yet.
                        Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                          Can anybody confirm anything for 2010 because I have heard reports that UMass will be heading out to Madison next season to play the Badgers in the regular season, like UNH did this year but I have also heard they are participating in the Badger Showdown. A trip to the Kohl Center is confirmed, but I cannot confirm which reason is true yet.

I believe there was an article about a month ago, that this season could be the last Badger Hockey Showdown. It also mentioned playing a series with UMass next season, so it would seem it's will be for a 2 game series next year.

Comment

Why would they stop this tournament? I've done the calculations with a few buddies and thought Wisconsin made huge profit off thatweekend?

Comment

Why would they stop this tournament? I've done the calculations with a few buddies and thought Wisconsin made huge profit off that weekend?
                              Given the fact that they have to bring in 3 teams in as opposed to one for the weekend, I'm sure that it adds more costs but doesn't sell many extra tickets.

Also, getting rid of the tournament will improve the scheduling flexibility.

Comment

Working...
                              X