Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University at Harvard 11/24 (The pre-turkey rivalry renewed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston University at Harvard 11/24 (The pre-turkey rivalry renewed)

The "pre turkey rivalry" renewed after a one year hiatus.

Both teams largley taking it on the chin so far this season, both in desperate need of points within their respective conferences, and both coming off a one point weekend. This non-league game (with both opponents apparently struggling) could be a good chance for one of the teams to step it up and use this game as a springboard to gain some momentem.

BU looked much improved on Saturday night, but I have unfortunatley not had the opportunity to see Harvard play this year.

Re: Boston University at Harvard 11/24 (The pre-turkey rivalry renewed)

Aside from seeing BU hopefully build off a solid performance from Saturday, I'm very interested in seeing LeBlanc from Harvard. I'm curious to see how he compares to his good friend Chiasson.

Comment

I am also looking forward to seeing LeBlanc. 2 questions:

1) Anyone need a ticket? I have 1 ticket for sale, Section 14 - a co-worker of mine had to back out. Face value, $20.

2) It'll my first time at Bright Center/Harvard Athletics area. Is there sufficient parking around there? The crimson website instructs to park along the fence behind the baseball field - still the case? Any lots?

Comment

Originally posted by terrierhockey View Post
        I am also looking forward to seeing LeBlanc. 2 questions:

1) Anyone need a ticket? I have 1 ticket for sale, Section 14 - a co-worker of mine had to back out. Face value, $20.

2) It'll my first time at Bright Center/Harvard Athletics area. Is there sufficient parking around there? The crimson website instructs to park along the fence behind the baseball field - still the case? Any lots?
        Ticket Sold.
        Last edited by terrierhockey; 11-23-2009, 03:12 PM.

Comment

We should see some high levels of desperation on display Tuesday night as both teams are losing time to right their respective ships.

Here's what Harvard has displayed so far this year:

1) Speed and Depth at Forward - Their best line (by far) is the "Quebec" line of Alex Killorn, Mike Biega, and Louis Leblanc. Lots of speed, creativity, and scoring ability and I would expect BU to try and match these guys with their best defensive pairing.

2) Defense - where Harvard has really struggled. Poor break-outs, slow decisioning, bad positioning, etc. Harvard has given up a lot of bad goals this year.

3) Goaltending - it has been very average, probably a little below average. Richter and Carroll have played well in spots, but have been inconcistent and will need to play better if Harvard is to do anything this season.

4) Youth - Harvard will skate 12 freshman and sophmores of the 18 skaters. Very young overall and you can expect Harvard to do things that young teams do.

5) Finishing Games - Harvard has yet to assemble a 60 minute effort, with some colossal 3rd period collapses - 3-1 lead @Lynah, 4-2 lead at Colgate, 2-0 lead on Clarkson. Harvard is better than its record in periods 1&2, but the rubber has hit the road in the 3rd period which is why Harvard's record is so poor.

Always a fun game even with both teams struggling coming in.

Comment

Not a lot of fever in this thread with the game less than 24 hours away. Anyone know if this game is sold out yet? Was thinking of going and wondering if I should try to get a ticket ahead of time.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
              Not a lot of fever in this thread with the game less than 24 hours away. Anyone know if this game is sold out yet? Was thinking of going and wondering if I should try to get a ticket ahead of time.
              The Harvard fan apparently isn't around tonight.
              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                I'd buy them now, online fee is only $6 per order and there are not tickets in groups of 3 or more currently available so tickets are probably relatively scarce. Also Harvard sold out one of their two home games so far.

Comment

Reminder that we'll be live blogging tonight's game (assuming we get internet- I've been told we might not).
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                  X