Northeastern Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northeastern Recruits

Brodie Reid "Reid registered five points (4g, 1a) and a plus-four rating as the Lincoln Stars earned a split of two games during the weekend. The 20-year-old forward recorded a hat trick scoring three goals in a span of 11:15 in the third period of Friday’s 8-4 loss to Des Moines. On Saturday, the native of Delta, British Columbia scored the first goal of the game and dished out an assist in the 4-1 win over Waterloo. All four goals scored by Reid were even strength tallies. He is playing in his first USHL season and currently leads the Stars with six goals."
    Brodie was USHL player of the week. Hope he provides immediate help as have two former Lincoln players, Jake Newton and Garrett Vermeersch.

Mitch MacMillan.
    The Alberni Valley Bulldogs announce 89 F Mitch MacMillan has committed to Northeastern University in the fall of 2010.
    "The 20 year old forward from Penticton, British Columbia is having an outstanding start to this years BCHL season, currently leading all BCHL players in goal-scoring with 19 goals in 20 games."
    Now has 28 goals in 28 games;he is not perfect but a natural goal scorer.
    His younger brother Mark also plays for Alberni, only 17 considered a great prospect. Highly recruited.
    Rob Dongara.
    18 years old/ similar to Robie Vrolyk but bigger.
    Braden Pimm. Vernon BCHL 37 points in 29 games.
    Plays with former NU D man Dan Nycholat and former Catholic D man Garrett Noonan.
    Last edited by roma; 11-22-2009, 06:08 PM. Reason: News

Re: Northeastern Recruits

Solid info, I remember reading that Brodie's production used to be astronomically high and then the other stud on his line got traded and he kind of crashed back down to earth, memory serves me right that drop down pushed him from an '09 recruit to a '10 recruit. His line this year thus far is

14 6 4 10 0

pretty solid, 2nd on the team in points, first in goals scored.

We also have Clay Witt coming in at the goalie position, I remember he was being recruited by Wisco and had pretty good numbers, I still think Rawlings is the guy, not sure why Cronin got this guy, maybe to put some pressure on Rawlings.
    Arenas Attended
    Matthews Arena
    Agganis Arena
    Tsongas Arena
    Lawler Arena
    Schneider Arena
    Mullins Center
    TD Banknorth Garden
    Conte Forum
    Whittemore Center
    Gutterson Fieldhouse
    Alfond Arena
    Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

After Cronin recruited Pimm, he said that the kid could have played for us last year. He is extremely fast and hardworking and is one of the main cogs in a Vernon team that is 28-1 after sweeping its way through the playoffs to win the RBC Cup last year as the top junior Tier II team in Canada. He should be a major force for us as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
        Solid info, I remember reading that Brodie's production used to be astronomically high and then the other stud on his line got traded and he kind of crashed back down to earth, memory serves me right that drop down pushed him from an '09 recruit to a '10 recruit. His line this year thus far is

14 6 4 10 0

pretty solid, 2nd on the team in points, first in goals scored.

We also have Clay Witt coming in at the goalie position, I remember he was being recruited by Wisco and had pretty good numbers, I still think Rawlings is the guy, not sure why Cronin got this guy, maybe to put some pressure on Rawlings.
        Clay Witt is only 18, don't think he will come next year unless coach believes that he is better than Rawlings.
        Anthony Bietto highly rated D man; has excellent size, could have used him against Vermont. 12 points in 13 game; +11. He only had 4 points last year.

Comment

FYI - Nice article on Brodie Reid from the Lincoln Journal Star.

http://journalstar.com/sports/hockey...cc4c002e0.html

Comment

That's very encouraging. Brodie needed a month or so to become acclimated ti the USHL as well as to not having the quality of linemates he'd had in BC. I suspect that he's achieved a level of maturity and "hockey smarts" that he lacked when we recruited him two years ago. If he keeps progressing this way, he should be able to skate in and help quickly next season. The way our offense isn't going, we might even need him in for the second semester this year

Comment

Clay Witt had another shut out 5-0, Sioux Falls over Fargo. Stopped 34 shots.
              Very impressive considering his age and lack of experience at that level.

Comment

Two new recruits on the Heisenberg site for the Huskies.
                Zak Stone-LW NH Jr. Monarchs (EJHL) 6' 192, 8-3-89 (41-15-26-41-53)
                Jamie Oleksiak-LD Chicago (USHL) 6'5 225, 12-21-92 (2009 USA U18 Team)

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                  Only 16, Oleksiak sounds too good to be true, and probably is; His home town is Toronto and he has already has been selected in the OHL draft. I can only hope that he or his parents want NU more than immediate money! He is listed by the OHL as 6' 7''. NU has a sad history of losing top prospects to the OHL; but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post
                    Only 16, Oleksiak sounds too good to be true, and probably is; His home town is Toronto and he has already has been selected in the OHL draft. I can only hope that he or his parents want NU more than immediate money! He is listed by the OHL as 6' 7''. NU has a sad history of losing top prospects to the OHL; but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
                    Jesus. Fingers crossed for this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                      I have trouble believing Oleksiak will be coming to school next as a 17 year old. He's not that advanced from what I can find. He's listed at 6'7" in a number of spots. For all we know he may still be growing. Give him a year or two to grow into his body. Of course, if he is the real deal the pros will be all over him. Still, if you fish in these waters, you're bound to land a few big fish.

As for Zak Stone, I happened to meet him at the bu game. FWIW, he's not as big as his stats list, Maybe 5'10. Nice kid. Supposed to be a tough crafty left winger. He was really wired after the 1-0 win.

Maine, which has at least 3 frosh from Zak's perenially strong NH Monarchs team, Providence and Lowell were recruiting him, but I sensed that we were his first choice. He played with Vermeersch at Cedar Rapids two years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                        I have trouble believing Oleksiak will be coming to school next as a 17 year old. He's not that advanced from what I can find. He's listed at 6'7" in a number of spots. For all we know he may still be growing. Give him a year or two to grow into his body. Of course, if he is the real deal the pros will be all over him. Still, if you fish in these waters, you're bound to land a few big fish.

As for Zak Stone, I happened to meet him at the bu game. FWIW, he's not as big as his stats list, Maybe 5'10. Nice kid. Supposed to be a tough crafty left winger. He was really wired after the 1-0 win.

Maine, which has at least 3 frosh from Zak's perenially strong NH Monarchs team, Providence and Lowell were recruiting him, but I sensed that we were his first choice. He played with Vermeersch at Cedar Rapids two years ago.
                        We could say that about plenty of players on NU and other schools. At least the players who aren't 6'2" and 205. There still seems to be the height and weight inflation that high school football teams always use. You know, if he's listed at 5'11" and 195, he's really 5'10" and 180.

Comment

http://www.ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=2895

Comment

Solid player but not 6'7". Closer to 6'5".

Is not even close to being ready for Hockey East next year but will be for 2011. He is in their lineup every night and plays an honest, accountable game. Is used as a 3-5 type dman. Steels D is very young, all 91's and 92's so he is not being pushed aside by over age players.
                            Poapst is the perfect coach for him. Teaching him how to play the game right. Kid tends to run around a little, and is not quick enough to get back. Also has a habit of stepping up and hitting at teh wrong time and giving up odd man rushes. Also likes the long pass, which does not work in the USHL, surely wont work in Hockey east. Has improved in the short easy pass bigtime in 3 months. Not much of a shot but keeps it low and gets it on net. Not a PP guy yet.

Those are the things I see now but keep in mind the following, he is a late 92, not even eligible for the draft this year and is better today tehn Hal Gill was as a freshmen in college. Very good upside and with hard work and not rushed into situations he is not ready for(Hockey East next year for example), he will be a very good player and will probably play pro. Very hard to judge a kid that size at his age.

UVM was on him first, BU a little but Northeastern was all over him for the past month. He will be a little like Pepin from Maine except being a lefty.

Comment

That's a terrific scouting report. It sound like you've not only seen him play, but that you understood what you were looking at. Thanks

The coaches expect to bring him to school this coming fall. Purely conjecture on my part, but perhaps they are afraid of losing him to the OHA if he plays another year of juniors and is drafted in the early rounds of the June 2011 draft. If you recall, we lost two recruits from next years class to the OHA and one from 2011 to the WHL.

Comment

Working...
                              X