Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Recruits

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
    someone on dhd brought this up, mitch macmillan is off of the roster page, did he uncommit?
    There was no problem two days ago when he spoke with one of the coaches. Although he chose to spend the summer in BC, he can't go elsewhere if he signed a LOI and he is too old to return to juniors. The odd thing is that his name was deleted from the recruits article that was published in June. It's probably a paperwork issue which would cause a temporary blackout (NC$$ has a million rules about stuff like that!)
    Last edited by Ryecheers; 07-15-2010, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
      There was no problem two days ago when he spoke with one of the coaches. Although he chose to spend the summer in BC, he can't go elsewhere if he signed a LOI and he is too old to return to juniors. The odd thing is that his name was deleted from the recruits article that was published in June. It's probably a paperwork issue which would cause a temporary blackout (NC$$ has a million rules about stuff like that!)
      His profile is still technically on GoNU, you just can't link to it from any of the main pages.

http://www.gonu.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=635
      On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
      If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Exciting to hear about the new recruits for '11 and '12...Jesus, I remember being impressed with the McNeely/Macleod recruiting class.

Hopefully whatever issues Macmillan is having get works out.
        Last edited by NJ2NU; 07-18-2010, 01:43 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it is just lagging paperwork combined with NC$$ publicity restrictions that required that his name be removed from the published roster until all of the "t"s are crossed etc.

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
            someone on dhd brought this up, mitch macmillan is off of the roster page, did he uncommit?
            He is OK.

Comment

From USHR: Another Gaudreau for the Huskies.

5'9", 140 lb. forward Matt Gaudreau, the younger brother of Northeastern 2012 recruit John Gaudreau, has also committed to the Huskies.

The younger Gaudreau, a Dec.'94 birthdate who will be entering his sophomore year in high school, will join his brother on St. Botolph St. in the fall of '13.

Comment

FROM USHR: IN RE: Cody Ferreiro:
                "On Sunday I spoke to my brother when he got back from San Jose's camp to get his input. I spoke to my dad and my younger brother and my mom and we all sat down as a family on Sunday. It was a family decision. Everyone thought it was the best decision for me. I was pretty sure before the meeting at BC that they weren't going to need a place for me. So, after speaking to my family, "It was a big weight off my shoulders when I called Jerry and told him I wasn't coming to school. I felt really good about it. And my brother told me all along to find another place, so that gave me more confidence."
                We asked Cody what kind of feedback he was getting.
                "I'm getting a lot of support from everyone I talk to and obviously with Benn supporting me and telling me I should go somewhere else - with his experience obviously that's been a big part of what made me change my mind."
                We asked Ferriero where he will be playing this fall.
                "Not sure as of right now. Preferably Hockey East. There is some interest around the league. Hopefully in the next two weeks I'll know."
                Last edited by roma; 07-29-2010, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Ferriero to Northeastern this fall.
                  "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

From The USHR:
                    Ferriero Moves Quickly; Picks Huskies

Former BC recruit Cody Ferriero has committed to Northeastern for this fall.

Northeastern head coach Greg Cronin called Eagles head coach Jerry York on Monday and asked for permission to have Cody on campus. Ferriero visited Tuesday, and made his decision today, according to his father, Peter Ferriero.

"Cody is ecstatic," his father said. "He moved fast and concisely. Northeastern is a perfect fit for Cody, and the coach is a perfect fit for Cody."

Asked if any other schools were in the picture, the elder Ferriero said, "There were five Hockey East schools and one Ivy that we had some level of contact with." Ferriero said that, given the circumstances, he was uncomfortable naming them.

Ferriero reported that in the immediate aftermath of his son's decommitting to BC, York had called Jerry Buckley, Benn Ferriero's agent and Cody's adviser (and a co-captain on York's first BC squad in '94-95), to inquire as to whether any tampering had taken place. Buckley, Ferriero said, assured York that there hadn't been.

Comment

[QUOTE=roma;4829245]From The USHR:

Asked if any other schools were in the picture, the elder Ferriero said, "There were five Hockey East schools and one Ivy that we had some level of contact with." Ferriero said that, given the circumstances, he was uncomfortable naming them.

Ferriero reported that in the immediate aftermath of his son's decommitting to BC, York had called Jerry Buckley, Benn Ferriero's agent and Cody's adviser (and a co-captain on York's first BC squad in '94-95), to inquire as to whether any tampering had taken place. Buckley, Ferriero said, assured York that there hadn'tbeen.[/QUOTE

Imagine feeling "uncomfortable" naming the other schools then back stabbing York and the BC staff by "reporting" that Coach York had contacted his agent about tampering............best of luck NU with this piece of work, I am thankful that this player will NEVER wear the Maroon and Gold

Comment

[QUOTE=sterlippo1;4829269]
                        Originally posted by roma View Post
                        From The USHR:

..best of luck NU with this piece of work, I am thankful that this player will NEVER wear the Maroon and Gold
                        It appears that Cody is even MORE THANKFUL!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
                          Would appreciate your perspective on whether this contentious decommit then commit will cause any tension between Coach York and Coach Cronin.
                          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                            Would appreciate your perspective on whether this contentious decommit then commit will cause any tension between Coach York and Coach Cronin.
                            Not really. NU had never recruited the boy. He was betrothed to BC before either assistant came on board. NU has a very full freshman class with forwards. They didn't need Cody. If the reports of Buckley vouching for the fact that there was no tampering are true, Coach York should take comfort from them. He should be able to check his reflection in the National Champion Cup (or plaque etc) and realize that the kid wasn't meant to be an Eagle. Only time will tell, but this is probably a very small loss for BC and only a slightly more important pickup for the Huskies.
                            These coaches are big boys and should have grown pretty thick skins by now.

As for the two teams, the game at Matthews on 10/9 should be a rather spirited affair.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                              Cronin also called York to ask permission for Ferriero to visit campus, so it sounded like he was being courteous enough. It'll likely make the BC-NU game on October 9th more interesting

Comment

[QUOTE=Ryecheers;4829313]
                                Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post

yeah, if not having the privilege of playing for the preeminent college hockey program in America makes him happy ,as i said, good luck to him

Comment

Working...
                                X