Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Northeastern Recruits

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    FYI - The Heisenberg site is showing another recruit for the Huskies.
    Adam Reid-LC (2011) USNDPT U17 Team 6'2 180 1-29-93
    ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Adam Reid (Chino Hills) posted three points (1 goal-2 assists) as the U.S. National Under-17 Team earned a 5-2 decision over the Lincoln Stars Thursday night at the Ann Arbor Ice Cube. Reid has seven points in his past five games.

Hope he really wants a NU education instead of instant $$.
    Last edited by roma; 02-07-2010, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
      jamie oleksiak was traded from chicago steel to sioux falls. was traded straight up for their 8th dman, 3 pts, worst plus minus...

interesting.....
      Chicago opted to make what looks like a ridiculous trade, because Oleksiak decided to come to college next year. They had expected him to be an anchor on D next year or possibly for two years, because he's so young. They traded him for a player they knew would come back next year and who they view as improving as a D.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
        Reid should have made it as the rep fromLincoln, but they chose a player who made it last year even though he has been completely unproductive this year. Witt is having a terrific season and deserved the position.
        Two more goals for Alberni Valley's Mitch MacMillan last night. He has 45 goals in 45 games in his quest for 50 in 50.
        Mitch has picked up the pace a bit. He has 59 goals in 56 games. The next highest goal scorer has 40.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryecheers View Post
          Chicago opted to make what looks like a ridiculous trade, because Oleksiak decided to come to college next year. They had expected him to be an anchor on D next year or possibly for two years, because he's so young. They traded him for a player they knew would come back next year and who they view as improving as a D.
          If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
            If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year
            Obviously the NU coaches have a different opinion. Similar statements were made by others about the Daniels brothers. After a slow start Justin is the teams top forward and Drew is greatly improved. They are just going to get better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post
              Obviously the NU coaches have a different opinion. Similar statements were made by others about the Daniels brothers. After a slow start Justin is the teams top forward and Drew is greatly improved. They are just going to get better and better.
              Yeah, I'd hold off on the 'top forward' status for Justin. He's having a very good freshman year, and Drew is showing signs of improvement (sometimes...), but I would classify either as as the best forward on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by NJ2NU View Post
                Yeah, I'd hold off on the 'top forward' status for Justin. He's having a very good freshman year, and Drew is showing signs of improvement (sometimes...), but I would classify either as as the best forward on the team.
                the best forward on the team has a torn acl. after that id still say wade, but jd mcneely make a case, im disappointed how much vermy has stopped producing, he's still playing well he just isnt scoring.
                Arenas Attended
                Matthews Arena
                Agganis Arena
                Tsongas Arena
                Lawler Arena
                Schneider Arena
                Mullins Center
                TD Banknorth Garden
                Conte Forum
                Whittemore Center
                Gutterson Fieldhouse
                Alfond Arena
                Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

C'mon fellas. Kraemer has been hands down the best player on the team this year. I like the way McNeely has played of late and Newton as well. But Roma must be drinking some of grandpa's cough syrup before he talks about the Dainels bros. JDan is looking much better and DDan has improved but neither will even be first-liners next year.

Comment

Originally posted by WDR357
                    C'mon fellas. Kraemer has been hands down the best player on the team this year. I like the way McNeely has played of late and Newton as well.
                    Bingo. I would say Kraemer and McNeely, Macleod when he plays like he can. I wouldn't be shocked if J. Daniels was a future first-liner, but I would agree, likely not next year (though Cro likes to change lines up, so who knows?).

Comment

Originally posted by NJ2NU View Post
                      Bingo. I would say Kraemer and McNeely, Macleod when he plays like he can. I wouldn't be shocked if J. Daniels was a future first-liner, but I would agree, likely not next year (though Cro likes to change lines up, so who knows?).
                      Don't look now but JDAN is already the first line center, playing between MacLeod and Kraemer

Comment

Here's a nice piece on Mitch MacMillan from the BCJHL home page. Hopefully we'll know if his younger brother will join him at NU by the time he gets here.

http://www.bchl.ca/leagues/inside_vi...;clientID=1413

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

And from today's USHR

Tues. 2/16/10

Little Big Man

5'6", 135 lb. Team Comcast Under-18 forward John Gaudreau has committed to Northeastern for the fall of '12.

Gaudreau, an August '93 birthdate, has a 26-24-50 line in 42 Tier I Elite League games this season. He's a left shot playing the off wing, and can also play in the middle.

A lot of the Ivies - Dartmouth, Princeton, Yale, and Brown -- were onto him. In Hockey East, UNH and UMass-Amherst were also in the picture. Gaudreau's father played at Norwich for UMass coach Toot Cahoon back in the early ‘80s.

A junior in high school, Gaudreau will play for Team Comcast again next season, and then take a year in the USHL before heading to Northeastern.

"He's a small kid but has unbelievable hands," says Jared Beach, his coach. "He's a dynamic player who can cut back to evade defenders better than anyone I've seen. His skating is awesome. He has the best edge control of anyone I've seen at the '93 level. And he can stickhandle in a phone booth. He needs to fill out but will be a huge impact guy at the Division I level."

Comment

FYI - From USHR:
                          6'2", 200 lb. Green Bay Gamblers (USHL) forward Ludwig Karlsson has committed to Northeastern for the fall of '11.

Comment

Gamblers news release:

(Green Bay, WI) The Green Bay Gamblers of the United States Hockey League (USHL) are proud to announce that forward Ludwig Karlsson has committed to Northeastern of Hockey East. Karlsson is scheduled to arrive on campus in the fall of 2011.

The 19-year-old is a native of Linkopings, Sweden and has posted 27 points (7g, 20a) along with a plus-16 rating in 47 games during his first USHL season. The 6-2, 200-pound forward recorded his first multi-goal game, which included the game-winner, in Friday's 5-1 win over Sioux Falls. Green Bay has a 20-1-1 record in games that Karlsson records a point.

Karlsson becomes the 15th Gambler on the 2009-10 squad to commit to a NCAA Division 1 institution. Others include forwards Chris Crane (Ohio State), Ryan Furne (Michigan Tech), David Gerths (Notre Dame), Alex Kubiak (Yale), Anders Lee (Notre Dame) Sean Little (Wisconsin), Patrick McCadden (Michigan Tech), Reed Seckel (Northern Michigan), defensemen Scott Czarnowczan (Ferris State) Aaron Harstad (Colorado College), Max Hartner (Air Force), Brian O’Rourke (Nebraska-Omaha), Nick Jensen (St. Cloud State) and David Makowski (Denver).
                            St. Norbert College Green Knights
                            NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                            NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                            NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                            ---
                            SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

According to USHR:
                              6'0", 180 lb. Russell Stover Under-18 left-shot D Garrett Haar has committed to Northeastern for the fall of '11 or '12.

Comment

The team(Alberni Valley) was a big winner in the BCHL year-end awards for the Coastal Conference, announced last week. Mitch MacMillan earned most valuable player honors, while brother Mark won rookie of the year. Mark is a fantastic skater, hope he follows Mitch to NU.

Comment

Working...
                                X