D3 Surprises so far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D3 Surprises so far

I was thinking about this today and thought it would be fun to see what some people think is the biggest surprise so far this season in D3.

Is it Adrian starting the season 1-5?
    Is it Lake Forest leading the NCHA at 7-0-1?
    Chatham outshooting and nearly taking 2 points away from Utica?
    Neumann putting up a fight in the ECAC-W
    Norwich dominating the east?

For me its a combo of the first 2. Whats happened to Adrian and where did Lake Forest come from?
    UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
    NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
    Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Re: D3 Surprises so far

Biggest Surprise...there's a 1 vs 2 weekend 2 game set in the ECAC West between 2 evenly matched rivals and it isn't webcast.

Note to schedulers - next time have this game in Elmira they are covering all their home games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
      Biggest Surprise...there's a 1 vs 2 weekend 2 game set in the ECAC West between 2 evenly matched rivals and it isn't webcast.

Note to schedulers - next time have this game in Elmira they are covering all their home games this year.
      its over with....let it go. I'm fairly certain next year when the conference match-up returns it will rotate back to Elmira.
      UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
        its over with....let it go. I'm fairly certain next year when the conference match-up returns it will rotate back to Elmira.
        Ummm well I guess no matter how many times u mention it some people still don't get it.... It's not about holding the game in Elmira, it's about Plattsburgh pulling themselves out of the darkages.

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
          Ummm well I guess no matter how many times u mention it some people still don't get it.... It's not about holding the game in Elmira, it's about Plattsburgh pulling themselves out of the darkages.
          ...and taking the four points back to our caves...move on...sheesh!

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
            ...and taking the four points back to our caves...move on...sheesh!
            OK your right.... I'm officially over it.

But you have to admit it seems a little strange in this day and age. All the while knowing that through a few peoples persistent efforts they finally put lights in Wrigley Feild in '88.

Comment

Granted...they havent really played anybody but how about St. Catharine at 4-0?

Pretty cool for them!
              The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
              "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
              GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
              GO LAKERS!!!
              GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
              "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
              Oswego State '09

Comment

So this post topic has turned into Elmira and Plattsburgh. I love the question itself. GoJackets is surprised that Norwich is doing well. As far as dominating the east that is yet to be seen. Manhantanville and Holy Cross might have something to say about that. Norwich came together last year and added some missing pieces. They now have three solid lines and three sets of D. The only thing that's surprising is that some avid followers of womens DIII didn't see it coming. Track Derek Dunnings posts and you will see he was all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwanman View Post
                  So this post topic has turned into Elmira and Plattsburgh. I love the question itself. GoJackets is surprised that Norwich is doing well. As far as dominating the east that is yet to be seen. Manhantanville and Holy Cross might have something to say about that. Norwich came together last year and added some missing pieces. They now have three solid lines and three sets of D. The only thing that's surprising is that some avid followers of womens DIII didn't see it coming. Track Derek Dunnings posts and you will see he was all over it.
                  Holy Cross doesn't really count(by that I mean that if they finish first in the league, the #2 team is still the #1 seed in their tournament)...I'm not sure if Mville is up to the challenge this year.

I could rephrase it that Norwich has gone from a brand new team to the team to beat in just two years
                  Last edited by gojackets; 11-22-2009, 08:09 PM.
                  UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

I could rephrase it that Norwich has gone from a brand new team to the team to beat in just two years
                    Say that again!!
                    Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

For once the ECAC-East will be competitive. Hopefully, the conference will advance a team that is deemed worthy of a playoff berth and not a team that is in by virtue of an auto-berth. Listening to RIT getting screwed is getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Schwanman View Post
                        For once the ECAC-East will be competitive. Hopefully, the conference will advance a team that is deemed worthy of a playoff berth and not a team that is in by virtue of an auto-berth. Listening to RIT getting screwed is getting old.
                        not to make this a Norwich thread....but i'll make polarbear happy again...

I'm pretty sure Norwich's performance in the NCAA's last year...despite losing showed they belonged there
                        UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Not to hijack this thread into a Norwich thread, but the Holy Cross game is relevant because it should be a measuring stick as to how well the team can play against a strong opponent. The game counts in the ECAC East standings. Norwich has several other measuring stick non-conference games later on.
                          2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                          2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                          2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                          2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I'll make polarbear happy again...
                            Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

Had it just occured once in the two match ups, I would consider it to be just one of those games. However, Chatham twice extended Utica to their limit this past weekend. Norwich, Neumann, and Lake Forest have fielded competetive teams for quite awhile. Chatty came out of nowhere, with a small squad heavily laden with Frosh and made a statement that the hockey world should give some attention..and respect. As for surprises, the other nominees are somewhat predictable. Chatham kind of burst onto the scene unannounced. They get my vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X