Take Off to the Great White North--NMU @ Alaska-_airbanks 11/27-28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Off to the Great White North--NMU @ Alaska-_airbanks 11/27-28

The 'Nooks are coming off of a split with Soo Tech, the 'Cats coming off a huge sweep of UNO. Can the 'Cats keep rolling, or will the long flight and tryptophan comas work to the advantage of the home team? And, will we ever find out what a Nanook is??

Discuss.
    Always a Wildcat...
    Originally posted by Kepler
    If you quote the derp you are spreading the derp. Please help keep the board derp-free.

Re: Take Off to the Great White North--NMU @ Alaska-_airbanks 11/27-28

Here's my insight:

Last week NMU was ranked one spot behind UNO in the RPI. Said school obliterated UNO. This week NMU is one spot behind Alaska.....

What a great effort to come from behind and sweep a good team at home. I have never seen the team play this well in my time at Northern, and I sure as hell want to see this continue!

And to BWK and BB; after all that whining and complaining after the BSU series, do you see that they are now the #1 team in the country in the PWR and RPI? Im glad you two morons have finally shut up by the way.
    Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
    M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

Since the 'Cats are bussing to GB on Wednesday and flying on Thursday, I don't think we'll have to worry about tryptophan comas Bus/plane legs, maybe. And jet lag. Oh, the jet lag.

Let's sweep!
      sigpic

MinnesotaNorthStar: bando > all of you
      streaker:There isn't a team in this league she doesn't mention, (well, okay, she probably doesn't know there is a team in Marquette) if it does something worth mentioning.
      TwitchBoy: what the heck, GO CATS GO CATS GOCATSGO!

Comment

Originally posted by Wildpantswilly View Post
        And to BWK and BB; after all that whining and complaining after the BSU series, do you see that they are now the #1 team in the country in the PWR and RPI? Im glad you two morons have finally shut up by the way.
        That also includes a sweep of Huntsville...
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by nmupiccdiva View Post
          And, will we ever find out what a Nanook is??
          Alaska wins just because of this video.

******* width="425" height="344">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5YjPteCPLo&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/O5YjPteCPLo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

To answer your question: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=nanook
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          guklke did you fick that dude at te vbar tongiht5, he awas all iover youi. and way over your haead.
          Whats the difference between the Tech Hockey Team and the Huskies Pep Band?

WE'RE NOT WEARING HOCKEY PADS!

Comment

I say Northern on friday, Alaska on saturday. Just seems to be the way things are going right now! Should be some good hockey none the less.
            All that was left, then, was for the Nanooks to celebrate with their fans. And for the Seawolves to get one last earful of the rowdies from Fairbanks.

"I've got a lot of expletives I'd like to use,'' Fournier said, slumped in his locker room stall. "It's very embarrassing when you're playing on your home ice and they have more fans and they're louder.

"We might as well have played the games in Fairbanks.''

Comment

The Cats have a chance to carry this confidence and momentum to Alaska. The time to play hard is now. Congrats to the Guys wearing Green and Gold.

LETS GO CATS

Comment

Split...NMU's had our number for most of recent memory.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

With the way we are playing recently I don't see any reason why we couldn't take two. A split is probably how it shakes out. I'm just happy that we are finally playing up to our potential. The sky is the limit from here on out! Nothing would make me happier than flying back to Detroit to see them at Ford Field!
                  TECH STILL SUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Rms123 View Post
                    I say Northern on friday, Alaska on saturday. Just seems to be the way things are going right now! Should be some good hockey none the less.
                    The way the nooks play on Fridays I don't think NMU even has to show. Isn't weird that both Alaska teams lose on Friday and win on Saturday. I hope the nooks are well rested from the two weeks in the lower 48 and are ready for a talented and hard working team like NMU.

Comment

The week has finally arrived, and now my excuse to bolt from this tiny frozen water rationing village at the mouth of the Yukon River has arrived! Weather looks to be ok for flying this week which means I should be in Anchorage Wednesday afternoon, and Fairbanks late Wednesday night! AHHHH Hockey, Thanksgiving, and the ability to drink alcohol all in the same week! If anyone ends up in a coma it's going to be this guy! Now if only my hard hat makes it to Juneau today so I have the necessary equipment.
                      Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
                      NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
                      Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
                      Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

I still think NMU needs to focus on the Nooks. The team needs to continue the momentum, Play 60 minutes of hockey, win the small battles, control the puck, and be physical.

We usually do the splitsville thing. If the Cats play like the team they are capable of being and give 110% effort it will be close, possibly we could pull this weekend off--it would be fabulous......

LETS GO CATS!!!!

Comment

Great job this weekend! I say we take 4 of 6 possible points if we limit the penalties we receive. Should be an exciting series going into December. I like the 7 new recruits recently signed. Congrats to Facca having a big part in recruiting a great class of future Wildcats. Another Vigier, coool! Hopefully Stephan can produce like his cousin, Wildcat goooal scored by #21 Vigier II! Go Cats!

Comment

I don't know what the nook fans in Fairbanks are thinking about this years version. I think alot felt that the nooks should of sewpt either BG or LSSU but came away with splits, losing both Friday contest and coming back literally(LSSU) on Saturday to win. I would think both games will be low scoring physical games and that it could all come down to either goaltender getting hot. Good luck nooks.

Comment

Sad news. My Puckhead hardhat did not make it to my traveling partner's house in Juneau on time, and as a result I'll have to make a new one when I get to Fairbanks. I guess you just can't trust a woman to mail such an important item.
                              Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
                              NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
                              Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
                              Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

Working...
                              X