Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU @ Denver--November 27th and 28th

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post

DU needs to start burying teams, but its not very easy in the WCHA. The TV timeouts this season have enabled teams with less depth to roll two lines all night long and keep games close and competitive.

How can a couple of short TV timeouts make any difference at all, when Gwoz;
    gets 20 minutes/game conference at the bench time with the referees, That's an entire period off in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPioneerHockey View Post
      Any St. Cloud players not making the trip out here?
      A couple of them won't go. No word on who yet.

Is Gowz sticking to a goalie rotation? BTW, how is Gwoz's decki?
      Bob is making me concerned
      I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by sprig View Post
        How can a couple of short TV timeouts make any difference at all, when Gwoz; gets 20 minutes/game conference at the bench time with the referees, That's an entire period off in itself.
        Gwoz works the refs? Is this supposed to be a newsflash?

College basketball coaches & college football coaches works the refs too.

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
          Is Gowz sticking to a goalie rotation? BTW, how is Gwoz's decki?
          I'd be shocked if Chevy didn't start both games. But you never know....

Comment

I think the Huskies are pretty much on target right now. The six game stretch with UMD, UND and WI was a good barometer against some quality teams. Finishing that stretch with 7 out of 12 points makes that a successful stretch. This team is not close to hitting its full stride yet. It really doesn't matter to me how they won the games - just that they got the W's. I really don't care about how they got outshot in some of the games. Quality shots are what count and they've been fine on that comparison.

The addition of Eddy and Johnson to the lineup has added more quality depth. Those youngsters plus Hanowski will continue to improve. For the limited playing time Johnson has had I'm very impressed with his toughness and skills. The goaltending is just fine. Since Zabby has returned to the lineup he's been outstanding. They have some inconsistent stretches however, they find ways to win. They have no injuries right now. That is a good thing.

They need more goal scoring. That will come as the season progresses. There is too much apparant skill on this team for it not to get better. Lasch is beginning to take off. He was +1 this past weekend. That's all I need to know.

The PP needs to improve. That's probably the #1 thing holding them back right now.

Denver is a very high quality team. Regardless, a split is most likely.
            "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
              I
              Denver is a very high quality team. Regardless, a split is most likely.
              As Mr. Spock would say, "illogical"
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Yes, illogical but historically SCSU has done well at Denver. With the addition of Johnson and Zabkowicz at DE the transition game has improved dramatically for SCSU emphasizing the team speed. I suspect DU will be surprised and caught at times by the speed of SCSU.

Denver's two "R's" have been very good against SCSU. I'm glad they are seniors. Colborne is a load and he needs a shadow or he'll be a big factor. If Wiercioch is still out of the lineup that'll be a relief for the Huskies.

I'd be there but I dislike the seating arrangement for the visitors and how little slack your ushers allow you to move around even if there are open seats. Because of that it's probably my least favorite rink in all of college hockey.
                "Zero Manipulation"

Comment

Hope we get to see Ryder play again this weekend. If Weircioch isn't 100% and the lack of scoring in the 3rd and 4th lines, 7 defensemen might be way to go.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

I'm hoping the Murray days are over and done for good. I think we'd be better off suiting up Dirty with his greased hands.

I think Weirdcrotch will be good to go this weekend.

I agree with the statement made about DU needing to be ready for this series. SCSU beat UND without any help from the refs so they must be a way better team then us.

Umass spanks UVM tonight--their PP was 3-6.
                    Last edited by MagnessMan; 11-24-2009, 08:51 PM.
                    Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Swami View Post

I think is SCSU is certainly capable of being sucessful here, but I like Denver to win a couple of one goal games this weekend.
                      RED FLAG PS is feeling optimistic.
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by Montelena View Post
                        Yes, illogical but historically SCSU has done well at Denver. With the addition of Johnson and Zabkowicz at DE the transition game has improved dramatically for SCSU emphasizing the team speed. I suspect DU will be surprised and caught at times by the speed of SCSU.

Denver's two "R's" have been very good against SCSU. I'm glad they are seniors. Colborne is a load and he needs a shadow or he'll be a big factor. If Wiercioch is still out of the lineup that'll be a relief for the Huskies.

I'd be there but I dislike the seating arrangement for the visitors and how little slack your ushers allow you to move around even if there are open seats. Because of that it's probably my least favorite rink in all of college hockey.
                        It is against policy to have a good time at DU games.
                        2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

St. Cloud sucks, they're a bigger doormat than MTU and UAA combined... put in Murray Friday night and Paulgaard Saturday
                          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Denver will most likely sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                              St. Cloud sucks, they're a bigger doormat than MTU and UAA combined... put in Murray Friday night and Paulgaard Saturday
                              Dude, there's sandbagging, and then there's......this. Don't be that guy.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

We have no chance in Denver.
                                Bob is making me concerned
                                I am the voice of reason

Comment

Working...
                                X