Plattsburgh Women Upstage Elmira 3-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plattsburgh Women Upstage Elmira 3-2

Tonight the Plattsburgh women's hockey team opened their first home game of the season. Their opponent? Elmira - the defending National Champions for NCAA Division III women's ice hockey as well as the top ranked team in the nation.

Check out my recap at http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...lmira-3-2.html

Re: Plattsburgh Women Upstage Elmira 3-2

Elmira is not the defending National Champions. Amherst is.

Comment

Newspaper recap, game one: http://www.pressrepublican.com/0300_...326061231.html
      Cardinal Women- 2-time Winners of DIII National Championship Games, 35 game undefeated streak
      Cardinal Men- 3-time Winners of DIII National Championship Games

Comment

Originally posted by Bill-R- View Post
        Elmira is not the defending National Champions. Amherst is.
        Whoopsie; my bad. Thanks for the catch; I should have said defending conference champs. This has been corrected

Comment

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
          Whoopsie; my bad. Thanks for the catch; I should have said defending conference champs. This has been corrected
          Hey Tacobell where do you get "Upstaged" from. I'd say your 0 for 2 on this thread....

Comment

And just when I thought Elmira couldn't get any uglier with their jersey. Somebody must be laughing at the company that made those.
            SHU Class of 2000. Heck at least I realize AH isn't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by SHUCrosscheck View Post
              And just when I thought Elmira couldn't get any uglier with their jersey. Somebody must be laughing at the company that made those.

Hey good one crosscheck!

You must have been up all night thinking of that one...

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                Hey good one crosscheck!

You must have been up all night thinking of that one...
                Nah took about 5 minutes. Go crawl back into your hole
                SHU Class of 2000. Heck at least I realize AH isn't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by SHUCrosscheck View Post
                  Nah took about 5 minutes. Go crawl back into your hole
                  What?

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                    Hey Tacobell where do you get "Upstaged" from. I'd say your 0 for 2 on this thread....
                    0 for 2? Hardly. Upstage was fitting - but here's a complimentary lesson. Elmira was the top rated team per the rankings, they won the conference last season, AND they were the favorite coming into Cardinal Country.

And as an added bonus (to provide some educational value to this post) "upstage" is used as a transitive verb to indicate diverting attention from - or outshining - someone. With Elmira being the heavy favorite - and Plattsburgh playing a great game and emerging with the better team - the Cardinals did, in fact, upstage them. Neat eh?

Comment

0 for 2? Hardly. Upstage was fitting - but here's a complimentary lesson. Elmira was the top rated team per the rankings, they won the conference last season, AND they were the favorite coming into Cardinal Country.

And as an added bonus (to provide some educational value to this post) "upstage" is used as a transitive verb to indicate diverting attention from - or outshining - someone. With Elmira being the heavy favorite - and Plattsburgh playing a great game and emerging with the better team - the Cardinals did, in fact, upstage them. Neat eh?
                      Heavy favorite???

Hardly. Elmira lost just as much as Plattsburgh did. RIT is the "favorite" in the ECAC West. Check the coaches poll.

At best the line was even coming into this game and I gave Plattsburgh the edge because they are playing on their home ice.
                      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Not sure what hymm book your singing from but us normal folk check the Websters for definitions:

"Upstage"

adjective-haughtily aloof, supercilious

verb-to behave snobbishly toward

Noun-any stage position to the rear of another

But hey Thanks for the compimentary lesson and educational value...next time I'll pass though.

0 for 4.

Comment

Not that it matters, but I'd say that you are both right regarding the meanings of upstage.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

TacoRob:

Self promotion, shame on you!!
                            Mark it 8, Dude

Comment

Yes, shame on me for wanting to share my perspective with other hockey fans...In a public forum! What EVER was I thinking? This should be a closed world.

Comment

Working...
                              X