Plattsburgh Obliterates Fredonia in 10-2 Massacre on the Ice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plattsburgh Obliterates Fredonia in 10-2 Massacre on the Ice

If last night's game was any indication, it would seem as if Plattsburgh was having a grand ole time on their road trip out to Western New York. After shutting down Buffalo 7-0, the red and white locked their crosshairs on the Fredonia Blue Devils.

On paper, this had the potential to be a very close and exciting game...see my recap at http://www.therobbrennan.com/journal...n-the-ice.html for more details

Re: Plattsburgh Obliterates Fredonia in 10-2 Massacre on the Ice

Is this massacre on the ice assumed to be different from the one that might have happened in a grassy field?
    “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
    19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
      Is this massacre on the ice assumed to be different from the one that might have happened in a grassy field?
      Matt-the song lyrcis in your signature, Westerberg?

Comment

Another pointless thread for shameless self promotion.

I've got an idea, how 'bout you start one thread that will have your weekly updates in it and it will just bump to the top every time or are you just so lazy that you don't want to search for a week old thread?
        D-III Rinks Map

"Who is that Viking up there?!" -Adrian Bench

SNC Fan: "Do you have many problems at the games?"
        Security Guard: "No, only when Point plays here."

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
          Matt-the song lyrcis in your signature, Westerberg?
          New Bomb Turks
          “You drive by some of these rinks in the winter and there isn't anybody out there. It's kind of sad, actually...Here it’s go to the rink, pay for your ice time and practice for an hour where we could just walk to the rink and skate for four hours if we wanted to...It was just a lot of fun. I wish I could go back and be eight years old for a couple days" -Neal Broten

2010-11 DIII Commitments
          19gp, (23-24-47), +27

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew Webb View Post
            New Bomb Turks
            Nails

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman-RC View Post
              Another pointless thread for shameless self promotion.

I've got an idea, how 'bout you start one thread that will have your weekly updates in it and it will just bump to the top every time or are you just so lazy that you don't want to search for a week old thread?
              That was an idea I entertained awhile ago, however...The point was to start a discussion about the respective games in their own threads - not just sharing my opinion on my blog but also seeing if other people had thoughts on the specific game (and to date, the only "conversation" that has surface in either my threads OR the main xx thread centers around idle nit-picky rants and no real discussion). I feel it's pretty lame to have a gargantuan thread that has 20 pages and really just seems to meander. I felt people would be interested in sharing their thoughts about the game - not to simply accept my thoughts as gospel and that was it.

And, just to be clear, this style has worked out quite nicely. The quality of the readers to my blog has been up, the conversation has been mostly positive (although not directly on the forums which several readers have commented have a lack of real conversation), and it has been nice tool to share my interests of writing and Cardinal hockey with other passionate fans. And if those fans are opting to just catch the short and sweet version, what is the harm?

I would love to have a fun conversation about specific games; as there are many positives (on both sides of the rink, for that matter) with plenty of room to discuss things. If people simply opt to not participate, or "contribute" by choosing to pout like angry kids at a sandbox instead of discuss the game at hand, then that really is out of my hands and - honestly - something that I'm not overly concerned about.

We're all hockey fans presumably. A forum is a great place to share ideas (including thoughts on the game yes?) - why try to make it a place where contributing members (whether through forum posts or blogs) are made to look like they are polluting the forums when they are contributing?

Comment

Originally posted by TacoRob View Post
                ....And, just to be clear, this style has worked out quite nicely...
                I agree, and have pondered the dilemma myself, identifying the thread with a reasonable title allows it readers to "take it or leave it". When it is no longer "topical", it will follow the evolutionary path down the threads and into electronic oblivion - no harm - no foul.
                Larry Normandin
                SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                  I agree, and have pondered the dilemma myself, identifying the thread with a reasonable title allows it readers to "take it or leave it". When it is no longer "topical", it will follow the evolutionary path down the threads and into electronic oblivion - no harm - no foul.
                  Oblivion, that's near Plattsburgh, right?

Comment

Yes, it is on Sorority Row.
                    Larry Normandin
                    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Only because it hasn't been said yet AND its actually hockey related...

Hats off to Fredonia for losing with CLASS!! Even being blown out they not once got chippy. They banged some bodies around, but it was clean and everyone walked away...unlike the night before from the Buff State Bungles... disgrace to hockey...and their coach thinks its funny.

Once again, hats off to Fredonia for taking the whooping and never resulting to the dark side.
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Yup - about thirteen miles northwest; although most folks miss it because the world flattens out just before you hit it On the plus side, they have some killer milkshakes.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                          Only because it hasn't been said yet AND its actually hockey related...

Hats off to Fredonia for losing with CLASS!! Even being blown out they not once got chippy. They banged some bodies around, but it was clean and everyone walked away...unlike the night before from the Buff State Bungles... disgrace to hockey...and their coach thinks its funny.

Once again, hats off to Fredonia for taking the whooping and never resulting to the dark side.
                          You want to talk about class? Why don't we talk about the class or in certain cases lack there of displayed by the Plattsburgh fans Friday night. Not all of the fans were bad, many of them were really nice people who were there to root for their team and enjoy the game of hockey. Some in particular however really disgraced the University, Team, and the game. Screaming obscenities at college athletes from the stands while holding your young daughter in an Arena full of kids absolutely screams class. Yelling at the players on the ice, in the penalty box, on the bench and the home broadcast crew during and after the game using every four letter word that would come out of your mouth definitely is much classier than what was a clean hit where the player had his head down and got his bell rung. Or what about the class that was shown by leaving numerous dirty diapers in the stands? Really, you don't even have the common decency to throw them out forcing the student volunteers who clean up after the games to deal with them?

Platty fans need to take a page from the Oswego playbook. I've never seen Oswego fans resort to things like that. Every experience I've had with Laker fans has been positive. You can go root for your team with class and dignity but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed and some Plattsburgh fans were so far over that line on Friday you could not even see it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalBroadcaster44 View Post
                            You want to talk about class? Why don't we talk about the class or in certain cases lack there of displayed by the Plattsburgh fans Friday night. Not all of the fans were bad, many of them were really nice people who were there to root for their team and enjoy the game of hockey. Some in particular however really disgraced the University, Team, and the game. Screaming obscenities at college athletes from the stands while holding your young daughter in an Arena full of kids absolutely screams class. Yelling at the players on the ice, in the penalty box, on the bench and the home broadcast crew during and after the game using every four letter word that would come out of your mouth definitely is much classier than what was a clean hit where the player had his head down and got his bell rung. Or what about the class that was shown by leaving numerous dirty diapers in the stands? Really, you don't even have the common decency to throw them out forcing the student volunteers who clean up after the games to deal with them?

Platty fans need to take a page from the Oswego playbook. I've never seen Oswego fans resort to things like that. Every experience I've had with Laker fans has been positive. You can go root for your team with class and dignity but there is a line that shouldn't be crossed and some Plattsburgh fans were so far over that line on Friday you could not even see it anymore.
                            I listened to the broadcast and found the exchange with the Plattsburgh-guy hilarious. I personally would love to hear more on-air arguments with opposing fans. I did a double-take at one point, because - while I'm not sure I heard it, but it sounded like one of the two broadcasters dropped an f-bomb during this exchange.

As far as the game call, you guys do a very good job. I don't know if it's the same guys as last year, but it seemed markedly better.

Comment

Originally posted by BengalBroadcaster44 View Post

Just marking their territory
                              "just another internet gangster"...PSUChamps

"you can only be as good as your coach will let you be" Ray Ferraro

Comment

Working...
                              X