Realignment coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Realignment coming?

It won't have anything to do with realignment.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
      Probably not, but I couldn't think of anything else it might be.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        Do you have a source of information, or are you just making an educated guess?
        time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
          Do you have a source of information, or are you just making an educated guess?
          I heard a small piece of an interview earlier this evening. Not enough to know fully what it will be about, but enough to know it isn't realignment. I did hear something to the effect that the interviewer was wondering whether it might help the NCAA in its recruiting battles with Major Junior hockey. I think it has to do with hiring new staff to help promote college hockey.

Comment

prob wont be re-alignment. the only move that makes sense is uconn to HE; and they suck way too much for that to happen.
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Rolevio View Post
              I'm going to guess something scarier like the shared officiating duties throughout the 3 leagues.
              Mother of Pearl that could be a pretty bad idea.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

This might be more logical, but to call that a "major" announcement would be remarkably stupid on a PR level. You don't call a press conference to say something that has little interest among the public who care about the sport. That's the kinda thing you put in a press release and it becomes a "back page" story on college hockey websites. Honestly, unless the leagues have complete hacks working their PR, you don't call a press conference with 3 commissioners present unless there's a LEGITIMATELY MAJOR piece of news - i.e. a conference realignment, maybe a scheduling agreement (although they all already play each other so that wouldn't make much difference) or something that would change the shape of the conference. Basically, the kind of thing that would immediately be plastered on the front page of every college hockey website in a big bold heading.

if something was this big then somebody who wants to feel important would have fed the info along to somebody else... and if it were that major then there would be winners or losers and the losers would complain. So, I'd expect nothing structural that affects you and I... this could be a TV thing, this could be a ref thing... since its the 3 eastern leagues obviously they are working together on something.

Another thing is it might be major to the leagues, it might be major to those who are operationally within college hockey (those who work and draw an income in this community) but it might not important to those of us who just show up to the games and scream loudly. Heck, for all we know "major announcement" means that "for this holiday season we're partnering with toys for tots"... could be any number of things but you can get a feel of what it probably won't be.
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                  beating the big 10 conference to the punch and creating a 32 team league rife with mediocrity
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                    prob wont be re-alignment. the only move that makes sense is uconn to HE; and they suck way too much for that to happen.
                    and ecac wants to be there to laugh??

Comment

No chance, Ivys will never split up.
                      they should break off and do their own thing. take the CHA auto-bid

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        He's just being a moron, ignore.
                        Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          and ecac wants to be there to laugh??
                          I don't know, maybe it's a three way trade with a team to be named later.
                          time to write new history

Comment

My guess is it has something to do with this:

http://www.usatoday.com/community/pr...terstitialskip

"Former NHLPA boss takes college hockey post
                            Posted 11/20/2009 1:21 PM EST
                            Former NHL Players Association Executive Director Paul Kelly fulfilled his wish to stay in hockey by accepting a job as executive director of the newly-formed College Hockey, Inc.
                            The Hockey Commissioners Association created the organization for the purpose of raising the profile of Division I hockey. Kelly will be in charge of that mission.
                            Kelly's hiring will be announced Tuesday at press conference in Boston
                            A former U.S. prosecutor, Kelly was fired by the NHLPA Executive Committee on Aug. 31, less than two years after he took over as xecutive director. In a short period, Kelly became very popular with the media. But was let go at 3:30 a.m.meeting of 30 player representatives and since then the organization has been in a state of turmoil.
                            Most of the high profile NHLPA administrators have resigned and there is no timetable to pick a new executive director. Donald Fehr is now serving as an adviser for the NHLPA as it tries to put its organization back together.
                            Although there have been reports of some players wanting to bring back Kelly, Kelly's decision to take the college post would seem to suggest he has moved on."
                            "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Originally posted by BUT09 View Post
                              My guess is it has something to do with this:

Kelly's hiring will be announced Tuesday at press conference in Boston
                              Good guess.
                              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                Good guess.
                                That was the point. ;-)
                                "You miss 100% of the shots you never take." - Wayne Gretzky

Photography

Comment

Working...
                                X