Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting 2010 and beyond

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    Sounds like a good pick up. Boy, this class is getting bigger and bigger.
    Yeah ... we've been talking about this for a while, and I know he's trying to even out the classes but we're up to 11 freshmen now next season.

Edit to add: This kid definitely seems like a UMass Lowell type.
    Last edited by UMLFan; 12-17-2009, 09:39 AM.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      Yeah ... we've been talking about this for a while, and I know he's trying to even out the classes but we're up to 11 freshmen now next season.

Edit to add: This kid definitely seems like a UMass Lowell type.
      Nice piece on Arnold.

I think we'll see a few more too. I believe they may need at least another defenseman. If Carr leaves that would leave them with only 7 for next year (excluding Wright). Edwards may also leave at the end of the season.
      I hope there's a sniper or two in that class. Does Sammy D'Agostino have another year left? The UML website has him as a RS JR.

Comment

i gotta think at some point they start telling the walk-ons to wait a year or they're just not going to play.

Comment

Nice piece on Arnold.

I think we'll see a few more too. I believe they may need at least another defenseman. If Carr leaves that would leave them with only 7 for next year (excluding Wright). Edwards may also leave at the end of the season.
          I hope there's a sniper or two in that class. Does Sammy D'Agostino have another year left? The UML website has him as a RS JR.
          No idea about a pure sniper, but I'd doubt it ... as the snipers usually aren't available to us sadly. My guess is Thompson or Curry might have the opportunity to add up some points during their Lowell careers.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
            i gotta think at some point they start telling the walk-ons to wait a year or they're just not going to play.
            It'd be interesting to see who the walk-ons are. The only guys that haven't signed an NLI (again, I believe if you're signing one you've got some money committed by the school) are Rayner, Holmstrom, Carr and Arnold. Now, some/all of those guys might be signing during the April signing period, so it's tough to say. Two of those kids are Mass residents, so their tuition won't be too high, but as I was doing the write-up on the website about Arnold, I'd be surprised if Hokydad wasn't right and he's getting some scholarship money. He really does seem like a good pickup for the River Hawks.

BTW, the website is updated with the additions of Carr and Arnold.

Edit: Updating this:

A look ahead to 2010/2011.

Here's what our roster would currently look like, and if someone spots a mistake, let me know:

Defense (8):
            Seniors: Ryan Blair, Maury Edwards
            Juniors: Tim Corcoran
            Sophomores: Chris Ickert, Colin Wright
            Freshmen: Julian Melchiori, Will Rayner, Chad Ruhwedel

Forwards (16):
            Seniors: Scott Campbell, Patrick Cey, Jason DeLuca,
            Juniors: Michael Budd, Matt Ferreira, Michael Scheu, David Vallorani
            Sophomores: Joe Caveney, Riley Wetmore
            Freshmen: Derek Arnold, Tyler Brickler, Nick Curry, Josh Holmstrom, Joe Pendanza, Shayne Thompson, Robert Visca (RS)

Goalies (3):
            Sophomore: T.J. Massie
            Freshman: Marc Boulanger, Doug Carr

Since Visca hasn't played yet, he could be a redshirt freshman next year. Since Carr's supposedly gone next year, I've taken him off the list.

So at this point, that leaves us at 27 on the roster. I'm figuring maybe one more forward and one more D?
            Last edited by UMLFan; 12-17-2009, 12:00 PM.
            Monty

Comment

Julian Melchiori was selected to represent the CCHL in the Battle of Ontario.
              https://acrobat.com/#d=JljjVS6VZ70Bpa9fnbTzMA

Comment

I'm figuring maybe one more forward and one more D?
                I wonder if they are looking at Greg Carey (31-50-24-74) who's putting up big numbers for Burlington (CCHL) this season. He's currently second in the league in scoring behind his teammate Josh Jooris who's heading to Union. Carey is also a former teammate of Colin Wright, Tim Carr and Michael Budd.

Comment

I wonder if they are looking at Greg Carey (31-50-24-74) who's putting up big numbers for Burlington (CCHL) this season. He's currently second in the league in scoring behind his teammate Josh Jooris who's heading to Union.
                  Carey is also a former teammate of current River Hawks Colin Wright, Tim Carr and Michael Budd.
                  Please keep in mind that the vast majority of these kids cant and dont want to get through clearinghouse. there are the exceptions who are there to stay D 1 route, most are there because they couldnt make major junior. 99% of the Canadian kids could care less about D 1.
                  that is slowly though starting to change

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    Please keep in mind that the vast majority of these kids cant and dont want to get through clearinghouse. there are the exceptions who are there to stay D 1 route, most are there because they couldnt make major junior. 99% of the Canadian kids could care less about D 1.
                    that is slowly though starting to change
                    Agree, I know nothing about Carey other than he has put up some decent numbers over the past couple of seasons.

Comment

Agree, I know nothing about Carey other than he has put up some decent numbers over the past couple of seasons.
                      I did see a quick blurb on the scouting news site that makes it appear that he was interested in D1 hockey.
                      Monty

Comment

Won't put up all the details about what commits did this weekend, but congrats to Colton Saucerman (coming in Sept 2011) as he scored his first goal (and garnered his first point) of his USHL career last night.

It was kind of an important goal as well, with 1:51 left in the third, the game winning goal in a 6-5 win for Des Moines.

Also, two of the perennially best teams in the EJHL played each other Friday night with the Jr. Monarchs taking on the Jr. Bruins. Chris Eiserman (Sept 2012) made 28 saves on 31 shots, while his brother William (Sept 2011) didn't play. Joe Pendanza (Sept 2010) had a 1-1-2 for the Jr. Bruins, while TJ Massie (Sept 2010) didn't play for them. The Jr. Monarchs won 4-3.

The two teams were supposed to play today again, but that's been cancelled.
                        Monty

Comment

Also, two of the perennially best teams in the EJHL played each other Friday night with the Jr. Monarchs taking on the Jr. Bruins. Chris Eiserman (Sept 2012) made 28 saves on 31 shots, while his brother William (Sept 2011) didn't play. Joe Pendanza (Sept 2010) had a 1-1-2 for the Jr. Bruins, while TJ Massie (Sept 2010) didn't play for them. The Jr. Monarchs won 4-3.
                          It looks like Massie is in a rotation now with Kenneth MacLean the other Jr. Bruin goalie.

Comment

It looks like Massie is in a rotation now with Kenneth MacLean the other Jr. Bruin goalie.
                            Is Massie coming back as a sophomore because he left after the first semester last year, or does he get a redshirt?
                            Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                              Is Massie coming back as a sophomore because he left after the first semester last year, or does he get a redshirt?
                              I think he'd come in as a sophomore, but Heisenber's listing him as a junior, so not sure.
                              Monty

Comment

I think he'd come in as a sophomore, but Heisenber's listing him as a junior, so not sure.
                                argh... 5 years to play 4... the only question is whether or not he graduates before he's out of eligibility.
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X